ADVERTISEMENT

We will be lucky to win 5 games this season

PittPoker

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2008
Defense is atrocious as usual. Our D coordinator is awful and secondary sucks yet again. Offense is better than defense obviously but Max Browne doesn't impress me. To have to win in overtime against Youngstown State tells me everything I need to know about this year's Pitt team.

Too many 2 and 3 star guys with little talent.

Defense is atrocious as usual. Our D coordinator is awful and secondary sucks yet again. Offense is better than defense obviously but Max Browne doesn't impress me. To have to win in overtime against Youngstown State tells me everything I need to know about this year's Pitt team.

If they are Florida 2 and 3 star guys, Pitt fans think that means they equal to 5 star local guys. Face palm!

Reactions: PittPoker
It's funny....

Two espn analysts put together a pre season bowl prediction

1 had pitt playing mich state in Detroit

The other guys didn't have pitt in a bowl.

This appears to be the "take a step back" seasin

Reactions: PittPoker
If they are Florida 2 and 3 star guys, Pitt fans think that means they equal to 5 star local guys. Face palm!
Exactly. It's amazing to me how some of these guys on here want to keep making excuses for our bad recruiting year after year. Each recruiting year we end up with 1 or 2 of the 4 star guys we truly need and everyone else is 2 or 3 stars. It never changes. And we are supposed to be improving? Yeah right.

And again, our D coordinator needs to get shown the door like yesterday, The fact that he is still on the staff speaks volumes.

Reactions: VJJPUNISHER
They looked horrible and I never expected them to win more than 6 or 7 this year, but did you think Pitt would go 8-4 after last years first game? Many on here were panicked, said we wouldn't win more than 5 games and might not get a bowl game. Our division in the ACC is actually pretty bad this year. NC lost today, NC ST did as well and neither played great teams.

Our saving grace is the ACC coastal is going to stink. NC is not good.

There's a few top 25 teams struggling with weak opponents. Let's give the kids some time to grow. I expect PSU and OSU to crush Pitt, but by the time GaTech rolls around, 3 important players will be back and the youth will have another month of practice under their belts. Not happy with the performance today, but to think they won't get better is crazy.

Our saving grace is the ACC coastal is going to stink. NC is not good.
NC and VT will not be as good as they were last year, they still might beat us as we won't be as good either! I don't see VA or Duke as being much improved. SU and NC ST are very average teams as well. The schedule is really tough to start but if the guys play hard and improve they can win some games.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Pitt needs to hire a top notch recruiter on this staff and ASAP
Partridge should help, he is known as a good recruiter and did well in his previous stint here. I have always thought PN should have used the DC position to hire one of the better recruiting assistants in the country. Its PN Defense anyhow and using the DC position would allow Pitt to pay the same as say Bama pays their DL coach.

I also really feel like we are a bit between PN's guys and PC's guys. PN's has really only had two full classes. His guys are currently FR, RFR and SO. You can't expect a guy like Camp to be a super star right away. But I am pretty sure next year some of those guys should really be coming into their own. I just question whether the offense will have a QB capable of scoring points at a level near last year.

Reactions: DiehardPanther

Since today's game "tell me everything I need to know about this year's Pitt team"---perhaps we will be fortunate enough not to hear from you again this year!!! Which would be welcome.

I also really feel like we are a bit between PN's guys and PC's guys. PN's has really only had two full classes. His guys are currently FR, RFR and SO. You can't expect a guy like Camp to be a super star right away. But I am pretty sure next year some of those guys should really be coming into their own. I just question whether the offense will have a QB capable of scoring points at a level near last year.

The good old next year crap already. Wow

We always are wating for next year.

Next year? Pitt was 8-4 the last two seasons. Expecting 7-5 this year. Nothing wrong with that.

Pitt is a 6-8 win type program, they are going to land 3 star recruits the large majority of the time, and have about 35-40k people at their games with most of them sitting on their hands. It is what it is. Some of you are dumb.

Pitt is a 6-8 win type program, they are going to land 3 star recruits the large majority of the time, and have about 35-40k people at their games with most of them sitting on their hands. It is what it is. Some of you are dumb.
I hear ya, but the law of averages suggests that as a blind squirrel, Pitt should have found a nut by now and been at least sporadically better than we have been for the last 30 years. Terrible pun, but I'm drinking.

I hated the game today. The game plan, the play calling, the lack of aggressiveness and explosion on both sides of the line, the QB play and the weak support on D, it all seemed to suck. But I'm also not ready to write off the season after one game. Mark my words, we will be up for the Nitwits. Not saying we are going to win, but we will make it interesting, and that, as a fan, is all I can ask for.

I hate playing FCS teams as a middling FBS team. Watching the ranked teams play the lower tier teams was interesting this weekend. Most of the big teams started off slowly, but then blew out the competition. They are just that much better than the teams they played. We basically took it to the Fighting Penguins for the first half, but lacked the killer instinct and the talent to bury them. We got tired and uninterested, and aren't talented enough to ever play like that.

The Sun comes up tomorrow. We are 1-0 going into the game against creepy valley. If the team finds a killer instinct for the whole game, Franklin will crumble. Let's F**KING GO!

Pitt lost really college offensive talent from last year and we do not have right now replacement parts.
And lost a great OC

And the defense got chopped up in that second half.
The d line was shredded , the LBs are average at best and the secondary got lost too many times which allowed huge separation.

And why the FRIG can't we find a place kicker who is just a teeny tiny consistent.

We're 1-2 you can bet that.... what strides are made after that and how things go once the jabonies come off suspension is where lies the balance.

6-6 is still possible after sleeping on that fiasco Second half.

Last edited:
you must be a fun guy to be around!!!!! Hope we never have to meet. Couldn't deal with all the happiness.

I am fun as hell, I just think Pitt can he great , it's all there , except at the very top, been that way for years.

I don't expect to win any of the next 3 against PSU...barring injuries of course. That said, PA is going to be owned by PSU, OSU, ND, and Michigan. (Except next year when there's no real top end talents in PA.) We'll get the WPIAL kid who doesn't want to leave home...and 2 and 3 star kids. We'll make some into stars...but we won't be able to keep up.

Reactions: richmin3
Realistically, this is a 6 win team. If we win 7, we will have overachieved.

My question: where was everyone? Lyke was going to make this into one of the great fan experiences. I guess not many fans are interested.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
Realistically, this is a 6 win team. If we win 7, we will have overachieved.

My question: where was everyone? Lyke was going to make this into one of the great fan experiences. I guess not many fans are interested.
After driving 600+ rt miles + spending a ton of money on hotel, food, drinks, travel, and looking at the few fans who actually showed up I was ready to blast the fanbase.
But after witnessing ( in person) the poor effort and lack of preparation from the team and coaching staff it didn't seem to be appropriate!
There wasn't one exciting play in the game except for maybe the last play!

Well we'll see the "handful" of fans at the remainder of the games!

Last edited:
Well, I have to admit that the product on the field on Saturday was mediocre at best. If that is what Narduzzi is capable of in terms of preparation, that's pretty sad. Can he do better? I don't know. But even if he does do better, I doubt many fans are going to be showing up for home games this year. The Pitt administration doesn't have a clue about how to be a player in collegiate athletics, and they have collectively done nothing for years to help. I'm starting to wonder if this will ever get better.

Well, I have to admit that the product on the field on Saturday was mediocre at best. If that is what Narduzzi is capable of in terms of preparation, that's pretty sad. Can he do better? I don't know. But even if he does do better, I doubt many fans are going to be showing up for home games this year. The Pitt administration doesn't have a clue about how to be a player in collegiate athletics, and they have collectively done nothing for years to help. I'm starting to wonder if this will ever get better.

Bingo! Damn shame, many like me feel Pitt could and should be a player but we have Nutting at helm. It's not one Nutting , it's Pitt brass is full of Nutting, they replace Nutting with Nutting , and business as usual. Sickening!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT