ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5 ACC TV listings..........and what Pitt needs to win the Coastal

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Pitt fans will become huge FSU fans these next 2 weeks as the Noles take on their 2 Coastal opponents which happens to be UNC (in Tallahassee) and Miami (in Miami Gardens). Anything short of 2 FSU victories would be really damaging to Pitt's chances.

Assuming a loss at Clemson, Pitt needs to win the rest and for UNC to lose 3 and the Miami/VT loser to lose at least 1 more. I am assuming Duke and UVa will not contend.

So, this week, we need to root for:
- GT to win at home vs Miami
- FSU to win at home vs UNC

Here's the TV listings:
noon: Notre Dame @ Syracuse in East Rutherford, NJ - ESPN
noon: Miami @ Georgia Tech - ESPN2
12:30: Virginia @ Duke - Raycom (thisTV locally)
3:30: North Carolina @ Florida State - ESPN
3:30: Wake Forest @ North Carolina State - Fox Sports South (not televised locally)
7:30: Marshall @ Pitt - Fox Sports South (Root Sports locally)
8:00: Louisville at Clemson - ABC

Not televised but on ACC Network Extra
1:00 - Buffalo @ Boston College

If there was an ACC TV channel
11:00 - Buffalo @ BC
2:15 - Marshall @ Pitt
5:30 - Virginia at Duke
8:45 - Wake at NC State

- pretty good TV week for the ACC. Not only does it get ABC Saturday primetime, but it also gets the elusive Saturday ESPN/ESPN2 spot for a game that doesn't involve FSU or Clemson. There were only 2 or 3 of these games last year and Miami/GT is the first this year.

- UNC has a brutal 3 game stretch. @ FSU, vs VT, @ Miami. Those are their toughest 3 games and ideally, you'd like them to lose all 3 so we are closer to controlling our own destiny. We will take 1-2. 2-1 and Pitt's chances are probably done.

- WTAE is showing the ABC national game, Texas @ OKST instead of Virginia @ Duke. Not that UVa/Duke is a good game but I cant imagine how cheap that ACC package must be if WTAE puts all the games on thisTV where they are only watched by 50-100 people (not a joke, I'd estimate that's how many people watch those games on that channel locally)

- Can Wake start 5-0? They have the blueprint that I wonder if Pitt should have followed. Play some bad teams to start, rack up some wins, get people excited. Pitt has rarely been 3-0 in the past 35 years, only 4-0 once I think and never 5-0

- Would be great if GT can knock off the Canes

- Pitt/Marshall is a dream come true for Root Sports as it features 2 of its home market teams. It is funny that this year's OOC schedules involves a Big 12 team and a team from West Virginia but neither are WVU.

- Maybe a good contingency plan at Heinz on Saturday is to put the Louisville/Clemson game on the big screen so we don't have to be horrified watching Pitt trying to defend another spread passing attack.

The Pitt/Marshall game will be available on the following Regional Sports Networks:
Root Sports Pittsburgh
Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic Plus
NESN Plus
SportsTime Ohio
YES (at 2:30 AM)

And the following FSN RSNs
  • FOX Sports Southeast – NC (Charlotte, Greensboro/Winston-Salem, Asheville), SC, GA, AL, MS, TN
  • FOX Sports Carolinas – NC (Raleigh/Durham/Fayetteville, Wilmington, Greenville/New Bern, Norfolk/Portsmouth)
  • FOX Sports South - KY
  • FOX Sports Florida
  • FOX Sports Midwest /FOX Sports Indiana
  • FOX Sports Detroit Plus
  • FOX Sports North Plus
  • FOX Sports Wisconsin Plus
  • FOX Sports Southwest Plus
  • FOX Sports Prime Ticket

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
Is there an ACC team in the Central Time zone that I am unaware of?

No, just saying that if you are a fan of a team in the Big Ten, SEC, or Big 12, 11AM kicks are a way of life. Dont worry though, I doubt ESPN will want to squeeze in 4 games although they should. It makes them more money than regionalizing a time slot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT