ADVERTISEMENT

what am i to make from dokish's optimism.......

Now let me flip the script...
I know plenty of people who will go to PSU games when given a chance...despite costing more and being a substantially longer trip from western PA.

And it's not because we're a pro-sports town.

And why is it then? I am just looking for your take, because obviously it is not because of a "pro sports town?" Though arguing anything but Pittsburgh being a "Pro Sports Town" is wrong.

And why is it then? I am just looking for your take, because obviously it is not because of a "pro sports town?" Though arguing anything but Pittsburgh being a "Pro Sports Town" is wrong.
Culture of support.
As stated originally, our culture is poisonous so why would a casual fan want to attend? To hear a bunch of moans and groans and walking out early?

It's not helpful or attractive.

I used to travel up 4 or 5, times a year for games...
They aren't fun, and frankly I find tailgating not enough reason to travel.. So I make it one or two tiMes if I can.. And have to talk myself into buying my seats every year.

Last edited:
Is he really "optimistic?" Whenever I hit that site, admittedly not terribly often, it's mainly just links to mundane recruiting rumors. I appreciate it's there, for what it is. I don't necessarily see gushing commentary from him. But are our sad programs at the point that mere bland, general info about possible prospects (again, what I mainly see there) is considered excessively optimistic?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT