ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to Derrick Davis?

Andre Powell happened. Izzy sat behind the midget Davis for years.

They went with the domer. His leadership was huge this year

Reactions: singregardless
With or without Powell, DD just wasn't any good.

I saw him in high school and said it then he wasn't an every down running back. Still wanted him as he was a dominant athlete and thought maybe Cignetti would find a way to utilize him, similar to Dorin Dickerson.

Gateway may produce the most over rated players in western pa. Think of davis as just a bitt better than the funyun cam saddler

I saw him in high school and said it then he wasn't an every down running back. Still wanted him as he was a dominant athlete and thought maybe Cignetti would find a way to utilize him, similar to Dorin Dickerson.
As a non resident, I never saw Derrick in HS. And while I know that not all players who are recruited by elite schools (such as LSU) are necessarily great, they generally are better. Perhaps to what you suggest, this coaching staff was unable to develop Davis's skills to help the team

As a non resident, I never saw Derrick in HS. And while I know that not all players who are recruited by elite schools (such as LSU) are necessarily great, they generally are better. Perhaps to what you suggest, this coaching staff was unable to develop Davis's skills to help the team

Great athlete in high school. When he was in space, no one could catch him. In high school he didn't line up as tailback every down, maybe half the time. The rest was in a slot or something like that. Gateway did a good job of getting the ball to him in space and letting him make plays with his natural ability. But even then you could see he wasn't an every down RB in college. That's why I was hoping Cignetti would figure out a way to use him like that

Reactions: Mikefln
Great athlete in high school. When he was in space, no one could catch him. In high school he didn't line up as tailback every down, maybe half the time. The rest was in a slot or something like that. Gateway did a good job of getting the ball to him in space and letting him make plays with his natural ability. But even then you could see he wasn't an every down RB in college. That's why I was hoping Cignetti would figure out a way to use him like that
lol. Cignetti figuring out a way to use his athletes in space. That’s funny

Reactions: columbus mike
lol. Cignetti figuring out a way to use his athletes in space. That’s funny
But that is the thing, he used to be able to figure that out. It is amazing how bad he got.

But that is the thing, he used to be able to figure that out. It is amazing how bad he got.

again yesterday, 3rd and 3, everyone in the world knew it would be a run and sure enough Hammond was stopped short of the sticks. Every 3rd and short (less than 4 yards) and it was a run, mostly it failed. Cignetti's play calling has been the most baffling part, almost more than his choice of QB's. Calling play action late in the 4th quarter while trailing in obvious passing situations....totally incompetent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT