ADVERTISEMENT

What the hell are these "high schools?" Are some of these even real???

recruitsreadtheseboards

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2006
I should post it on the FB board because I would probably get more input, but it is definitely more relevant here on the Hoops side.

What prompted this is "Keystone Athletic Academy" in Erie. I have never heard of it, and I know Erie well. I guess that maybe the equivalent of "First Love" here.

I looked at the newest Rivals 150 for 2023, and by my guesses, only 50 of the 150 kids go to their local HS. Now some go to the traditional Catholic schools, but you aren't even seeing Dematha, St. Anthony's, Xaverian, Mater Dei listed much anymore, nor the traditional Oak Hill Academy which used to be the gold standard, or places like Fork Union Military, etc... Brewster Academy has taken over for Oak Hill

Now, Keystone Athletic Academy. First Love Academy. You have some charter schools in state that are real like Imhothep and Lincoln Prep.

But I start looking down the list and yes, the Monteverder's and IMG's are the new Oak Hill's but...

Donda Academy in Southern California. Never heard of it. Now it has 4 kids in the top 150.
Link Year. That's the name
Sunrise Christian Academy
of course Prolific Prep
Combine Academy
Africentric in Columbus OH
Legacy Early College in Greenville, SC

Just some of these pop up out of nowhere, are they even brick and mortar buildings, it just a concept to play sports?

Reactions: passedout
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News