ADVERTISEMENT

What, the P-G didn’t send Ron Cook to VT?

Jul 7, 2001
right, they only cover PSU.

Eff him and the local media. The only time they write anything is when something goes wrong for Pitt.

I get it…we “Pitt” too often. However, how about some positive(optimistic) local coverage? I’m a homer, but was in the media for 14 years and local Pitt coverage is anemic at best.

Ron is a jerk but he did write an article about this being the year for Pitt to put it all togerher, and then he got burned when Pitt pitted to WMU.

Eff him and the local media. The only time they write anything is when something goes wrong for Pitt.

I get it…we “Pitt” too often. However, how about some positive(optimistic) local coverage? I’m a homer, but was in the media for 14 years and local Pitt coverage is anemic at best.
Andrew Filliipponi didnt even think Pitt would win this game and now insisting Pitt be on game day next week. Pitt has always been a second pass for some of these reporters.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Imagine that ....fillabaloni wrong again!
I remember when he was wrong on these bold proclamations 100% of the time. It was an exact science…kinda like SMF with his. Then he started hitting on some. Is he wrong like this an overwhelming majority of the time or do we just notice more when he is?? I stopped paying attention a long time ago.

He’s just a columnist. He doesn’t go to lots of things. Did they send a beat reporter?

You mean Ron ' I refuse to believe' Cook? or Ron 'I had an out of body experience at happy valley' Cook? or Ron 'the Paterno Legacy' Cook or Ron 'it makes no sense they passed on tom bradley' Cook or Ron 'come and talk to me about Pitt when they have less than 3 losses' Cook? Or Ron 'shame on Pitt' Cook? lol

you forgot Ron "the Paterno I knew would never do such things" Cook

Reactions: Saboteur II
“Ron, what do you think of Pitt now that they beat a good tech team on the road ?”

“They still have to show me more. I think they could win 8 games this year but having said that, I think Ben can have a good year and get to the Steelers to the playoffs. And Ben lives in a 28,000 square foot house in sewickley heights and Ben Blah Blah Blah

Or Virginia laws do not permit those who glorify child molesters into the state.
Candidly, if he wants to see Pitt play let him buy a ticket.
He isn’t a journalist by any stretch and simply because he is employed by a radio station does not entitle him to free entry.
And yes, you want to eat Cook? Pay like everyone else.

A wvcc grad writing about Pitt and uses the words screwing up. Smh

I'd love to see Larry Fitzgerald let Cook have the honor of introducing him in Canton five or six years from now...

Reactions: Atlanta Panther

Why would they send Ron Cook? He’s a columnist not a beat reporter.

This is a weird thing to be mad about with Fleury returning to Pittsburgh last night and Sullivan becoming the all-time leader in wins in Penguins history.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Love the ACC network and could care less what the locals say which is sad. H2P!

Reactions: TFBaum

Youre saying Ron Cook is the poster on the board that has 20 profiles that come out after every loss? lol

BTW, both Ron Cook and Joe Starkey picked Pitt to lose to VT.

Johnny McGonigal picked Pitt to win by 3 touchdowns.

Go Pitt.

Reactions: Farnox
This is why I love ACCN. Pitt has moved beyond the parochial Pittsburgh media.
I could go on & on about this.

The week of the Tennessee game, I tuned in to one of the local talk shows I listened to back in the day when I lived in that area (Tony Basilio) and they had a favorable impression and nothing but respect for Pitt's program under Narduzzi. That is until they had guests on from the Yinzer media to lecture them and tell them otherwise.

Need another example? Just listen to the Virginia Tech podcast linked this week. And they were very aware of some disadvantages Pitt has to overcome.

It's strange

Reactions: TFBaum

The week of the Tennessee game, I tuned in to one of the local talk shows I listened to back in the day when I lived in that area (Tony Basilio) and they had a favorable impression and nothing but respect for Pitt's program under Narduzzi. That is until they had guests on from the Yinzer media to lecture them and tell them otherwise.

Need another example? Just listen to the Virginia Tech podcast linked this week. And they were very aware of some disadvantages Pitt has to overcome.

It's strange
I call it the Pittsburgh syndrome. Somehow things being related to Pittsburgh aren’t very good. Someone can do better. Somehow someone doing the exact same thing in NYC is more important. Also why does the city of Pittsburgh take Pitt for granted?

It's strange
It really isn’t strange when it’s become the norm. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT