ADVERTISEMENT

What tv stations will show the Pitt game?

Remember way back when KBL was a pay-per-view channel? My mom wouldn’t let us spend the $5.99 per month so I watched every Penguins game scrambled for about 3 years. Same with Cinemax Friday nights.

Pay per view? No, I don’t ever remember it being that. As a tier that was extra, then maybe.

Man, I still remember when our community channel advertised that KBL was first showing 50 Pirate games. And it had it all bold. I was so excited. Because between that, KDKA, and the 3 “superstations”, you could probably get close to half the games. Just a few years earlier it was maybe 25 games total. Of course now it’s rare for a game not to on

Friday After Dark was a no brainer to watch scrambled.

It’s the feature segment on ABC’s Wide World of Sports. The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.

D0A57CB3-4CD3-420F-B928-F2C435F87DE8.gif

Literally any other TV provider. Pick anyone else and you get ACCN
Unless you are Armstrong Cable or even Dish Netwoek (so I've heard)

And ignore Paco above...we have all called Comcast and requested ACC Network multiple times the past 18 months per Heather Lyke ads requesting us to do so...to no avail.

I would suggest you illegally stream it like the rest of us will, including the students, since the Pitt dorms on campus also have Comcast. Way to build that fan base Pitt.

Reactions: Pitt5593
Pay per view? No, I don’t ever remember it being that. As a tier that was extra, then maybe.

Man, I still remember when our community channel advertised that KBL was first showing 50 Pirate games. And it had it all bold. I was so excited. Because between that, KDKA, and the 3 “superstations”, you could probably get close to half the games. Just a few years earlier it was maybe 25 games total. Of course now it’s rare for a game not to on

Friday After Dark was a no brainer to watch scrambled.
It was a paid add-on on our cable where I grew up circa 1988 or so. Not even in an upper tier as I recall.

And ignore Paco above...we have all called Comcast and requested ACC Network multiple times the past 18 months per Heather Lyke ads requesting us to do so...to no avail.

I would suggest you illegally stream it like the rest of us will, including the students, since the Pitt dorms on campus also have Comcast. Way to build that fan base Pitt.

Armstrong doesn't carry it.

There are two ways that Comcast is going to add the ACCN. Either enough people leave or threaten to leave that it forces their hand from a business perspective, or you wait until their contracts with Disney are up and Disney forces them to add it as part of their contract package renewal negotiations. With no pressure, you are definitely waiting for #2 with Comcast. Likely it is going to be #2 with Comcast regardless because there is simply not enough people to change the meter or it would have added it already. Armstrong may never carry it without sufficient customer pressure.

You can also buy illegal bootleg Pitt merchandise from China for cheap, or buy game day tickets under face value from scalpers. All depends on your perspective on trying to support the university or if you are just approaching it from an angle of your supplying your own personal entertainment.

The legal options for each zip code are at https://getaccn.com/.

Last edited:
Armstrong doesn't carry it.

There are two ways that Comcast is going to add the ACCN. Either enough people leave or threaten to leave that it forces their hand from a business perspective, or you wait until their contracts with Disney are up and Disney forces them to add it as part of their contract package renewal negotiations. With no pressure, you are definitely waiting for #2 with Comcast. Armstrong may never carry it without sufficient customer pressure.

You can also buy illegal bootleg Pitt merchandise from China for cheap, or buy game day tickets under face value from scalpers. All depends on your perspective on trying to support the university or if you are just approaching it from an angle of your supplying your own personal entertainment.

The legal options for each zip code are at https://getaccn.com/
There is insufficient pressure for Comcast to carry ACCN. And going to YouTube or Hulu doesn't benefit Pitt whatsoever.

There is insufficient pressure for Comcast to carry ACCN. And going to YouTube or Hulu doesn't benefit Pitt whatsoever.

Yes, there is insufficient pressure for Comcast to change, clearly. All one can do is add their name to the complaint and hope that helps the mouse push its shlock in a couple years.

Do you think YouTube and Hulu are streaming the ACCN for free?

Yes, there is insufficient pressure for Comcast to change, clearly. All one can do is add their name to the complaint and hope that helps the mouse push its shlock in a couple years.

Do you think YouTube and Hulu are streaming the ACCN for free?
You suggested that watching the game via other means besides streaming it would support Pitt. This is untrue.

DISH carries the ACCN. Channel 402. I have it on right now.

Reactions: JoseLind13
You suggested that watching the game via other means besides streaming it would support Pitt. This is untrue.

There are legal streams that pay to stream the network, and there are "illegal" bootleg streams that do not.

You stated that you use "illegal" bootleg streams to watch it. I'm not here to argue or debate the ethics about that, but the plain fact is that the university does not benefit financially when fans watch from bootleg streams. Pitt does benefit from both legal linear and streaming broadcasts of the ACCN for which rights have been paid. Half the ACCN revenues go the ACC, and Pitt athletics, along with the other ACC members, essentially get 1/15th of that pot. Comcast carrying the network could increase that pot substantially, so it is worthwhile to exert whatever pressure is available so that when the mouse starts negotiating, essentially on our behalf in a year or so, there is as much leverage as possible to extract what it can. The ACC is trying to keep financial pace with the B10 and SEC, and getting its network on carriers like Comcast is one way it is going to have to do that. Another consideration is that tv ratings, which impact many things from selection of broadcast time slots to bowl selections, also only come from legal broadcasts and streams.

Clearly my personal preference is to try to pursue my interests in Pitt athletics in ways that can benefit the university because I am also an athletics booster and a direct financial supporter of the university so I belive in its missions and work and have an established personal stake it their success, but that is not how everyone approaches it and there is nothing wrong with that. For some it is just entertainment like watching any other sporting event. It is just a choice of interests and pursuits and where to put some disposable income, if available. And for sure, if there is a choice between giving $50 directly to the athletic department vs $50 to YouTube, of which only a small % works its way back to Pitt, then the direct donation with bootleg streaming is the way to go. But that is my personal philosophy.

Last edited:
Paco I can pretty much guarantee all the Pitt students will be streaming it the way I will be, as Comcast is what they have in the dorms. Having 2 sons at Pitt I know this to be true based on what they've told me goes on. I dont think the students even turn on their TV except for video games...everything is streamed online.

Reactions: JoseLind13
Paco I can pretty much guarantee all the Pitt students will be streaming it the way I will be, as Comcast is what they have in the dorms. Having 2 sons at Pitt I know this to be true based on what they've told me goes on. I dont think the students even turn on their TV except for video games...everything is streamed online.

I'm sure they will. They are students with no options and little disposable income. I would have done the same.

Comcast doesn't carry it. Make sure to call and complain because that is the only way it is going to change.

Your options are at https://getaccn.com/

That is a waste of a phone call. Comcast is not going to carry it until their ESPN contract is up at the end of this fiscal year and ESPN makes them pay for it by bundling it with their other networks. Comcast will have ACCN for next football season.

Comcast and Armstrong are the only 2 TV providers with any kind of Pitt fanbase that don't have ACCN. Armstrong will never have it BTW.

Reactions: BurghGuy68
I looked at Comcast's management and Board of Directors bios to see if there was a heavy PSU presence because they are located in Philly. But alas, none. Most of these guys and gals are Ivy League grads. I just wanted to see if there was some Big 10 bias that is trying to mess with the ACC but there is none of this.

It is also possible to get the ACCN via Sling with the Sports pak.

IMHO, all Comcast/Xfinity users who have been whining about this for a year should just cut the cable and stream tv and internet via some other source.

I live in the far DC exurbs and have great service via a satellite wi-fi provider. It works great for my internet connection and also allows me to stream all the TV programming I have any interest in watching.

What tv stations will show the Pitt game
better question might be does anyone have a list of free email providers such that one can continually sign up for free trials of hulu, etc to watch the accn...I am now a proud email user of the best in Swiss email services, protonmail.com.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT