ADVERTISEMENT

What's your best most speculative guess of...

Most teams usually have as many as they need, whatever number that may be. It’s not a pleasant subject running kids but that’s what happens. And sometimes kids see the writing on the wall and realize they’re never gonna get much pt and transfer to lower level.

Nothing new here of course but they’ll have room for who they want/need and who’s willing to come.

Most teams usually have as many as they need, whatever number that may be. It’s not a pleasant subject running kids but that’s what happens. And sometimes kids see the writing on the wall and realize they’re never gonna get much pt and transfer to lower level.

Nothing new here of course but they’ll have room for who they want/need and who’s willing to come.
What’s left in the Top 150
9 uncommitted
5 of those are pretty much locked into programs.

we have Zero commits..

• Wow
Reactions: jctrack
About that. Brown probably wont be back. Maybe not Hugley. And there will be transfers. There always will be in this day and age. Maybe as many as 5-6 open ships.
Does it matter if Brown is back? Don’t Brown and Nike get an extra year and don’t count against scholarship limit next season?

My guess is 4.

Reactions: Drew1208
The scholarship is open either way.

I think four.
Brain no workey in the morning. It will be interesting to see how many schools can actually float the cost of having extra scholarships

4-5 seems right. 6 could happen in an extreme case if a Collier doesn’t wanna wait his turn

Last edited:
Brain no workey in the morning. It will be interesting to see how many schools can actually float the cost of having extra scholarships

4 seems right. 5 could happen in an extreme case if a Collier doesn’t wanna wait his turn
I’ve thought about this a lot. I wonder what the actual cost to the program is in real money in having 15 guys on scholarship versus 13. I bet it’s really not that much. Your travel costs are the same (maybe an extra hotel room on road trips?), equipment costs are the same, and the actual scholarship/room and board cost is largely a paper move anyway between the AD and university. Pitt already signed the bulk leases for the apartment building on Forbes, regardless of how many athletes actually live there. They’re gonna order the same food for the training table.

I bet the actual marginal cost of keeping two extra players on scholarship isn’t much more than paying for two extra cost of living stipends.

I’ve thought about this a lot. I wonder what the actual cost to the program is in real money in having 15 guys on scholarship versus 13. I bet it’s really not that much. Your travel costs are the same (maybe an extra hotel room on road trips?), equipment costs are the same, and the actual scholarship/room and board cost is largely a paper move anyway between the AD and university. Pitt already signed the bulk leases for the apartment building on Forbes, regardless of how many athletes actually live there. They’re gonna order the same food for the training table.

I bet the actual marginal cost of keeping two extra players on scholarship isn’t much more than paying for two extra cost of living stipends.
Yeah but universities usually treat that fake paper exchange of $ like it’s Fort Knox

4-5 seems right. 6 could happen in an extreme case if a Collier doesn’t wanna wait his turn
Next Season looks to be shaping up as another Bottom finish. Recruiting for 21’ is looking bleak and with an exodus of players, hugley’s GTA, I’m guessing this will be Capel’s best season at Pitt

I wonder if he could grad transfer if he wasn’t happy here. I don’t see him getting more playing time next year really. Especially since Horton has been better than I thought. They need to add a guard this class either way.
Yeah the lack of pt, that fact that he has a kid, a bunch of stuff, he could want to try to move on with his life.

I’d think Collier is the starting four if Justin heads to the NBA. An offseason working on his body and game feels like it will do wonders for him.

I’d think Collier is the starting four if Justin heads to the NBA. An offseason working on his body and game feels like it will do wonders for him.
You would think that, but kids and their people are weird. He may think he should be starting NOW. I just wouldn’t rule anything out with the one time transfer coming in

Kind of odd that there isn’t a niche for him with how bad Horton is defensively
I'm kind of shocked at his lack of pt recently.
I think Horton while not a good natural defender, has gotten better at it during the season and seems like he's a coaches pet type player.
But still, I've been pretty surprised by this especially recently when teams went man against us.

I'm kind of shocked at his lack of pt recently.
I think Horton while not a good natural defender, has gotten better at it during the season and seems like he's a coaches pet type player.
But still, I've been pretty surprised by this especially recently when teams went man against us.
Yeah he doesn’t really make many mistakes or bad shots which I’m sure endears him to the staff.

I think Horton has made some good strides defensively
While he has been better, Nike with his athletic ability and length really should be an ELITE defender imo. The problem is he probably got away with taking plays off and not playing much defense at Miami (OH) and hasn’t bought into doing whatever you have to do to get on the floor. Also may be off from the long layoff.

I’m just speculating above but it sounds good.

Nike has had some bad luck with becoming eligible late and having to sit out due to COVID. I think it’s tough to make a judgment on him yet.

Nike has had some bad luck with becoming eligible late and having to sit out due to COVID. I think it’s tough to make a judgment on him yet.
Yeah - i mean he has been eligible for 7 games. In a normal season we wouldn’t have played more than 1 league games at this point in our schedule (12 games). Just harder to measure growth this season imo

While he has been better, Nike with his athletic ability and length really should be an ELITE defender imo. The problem is he probably got away with taking plays off and not playing much defense at Miami (OH) and hasn’t bought into doing whatever you have to do to get on the floor. Also may be off from the long layoff.

I’m just speculating above but it sounds good.
Enjoyed the last line.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT