ADVERTISEMENT

What's your best most speculative guess of...

You understand there's many people who think he can make into the league if he keeps this up.

Garza is clear POY and is a mid 2nd rounder. JC is having a great year, but he's not a sure fire draft prospect. There's nothing about him that stands out besides the fact he produces. NBA teams don't draft based on production.

Reactions: pittjas
Garza is clear POY and is a mid 2nd rounder. JC is having a great year, but he's not a sure fire draft prospect. There's nothing about him that stands out besides the fact he produces. NBA teams don't draft based on production.
I totally understand that. But i actually see upside to his game. I don't think Garza can get much better.
But it's not an outlandish take.

That’s an apples to oranges comparison though. JC is a hybrid wing /forward type that is clearly a good athlete that the NBA covets.

Garza is a dinosaur and if it were 20 years ago would be the #1 pick in the draft.

I totally understand that. But i actually see upside to his game. I don't think Garza can get much better.
But it's not an outlandish take.
I'd totally respect the opinion of not thinking he will go.
But it's not a crazy thing to think.
Lots of people i respect outside this board thinks he has a good chance.

I'd totally respect the opinion of not thinking he will go.
But it's not a crazy thing to think.
Lots of people i respect outside this board thinks he has a good chance.
I think ultimately it doesn’t even matter if he gets drafted. A lot of dudes declare because they determine they wanna make $. Guess it could come down to whether he values finishing his degree or any sort of cash.

Luka Garza reminds me of Kevin McHale. His basketball IQ is off the charts and he has a great array of offensive moves. I think he will be a good pro.

That’s an apples to oranges comparison though. JC is a hybrid wing /forward type that is clearly a good athlete that the NBA covets.

Garza is a dinosaur and if it were 20 years ago would be the #1 pick in the draft.

My point was production means nothing. Pat Williams played 18 min a night for FSU and was the 4th pick last year. It's clear he's an NBA player based on his upside/measurables.

I look at a kid like Jordan Nwora shooting over 40% from deep and being right there for ACC POY and going mid-2nd round.

If JC left, maybe a team takes a shot on him in the mid-late 2nd, but he's going to grade near the bottom in many measurables. 6'6" PF that can't do anything off the dribble. Marginal shooter behind the arc. Not a great defender. Very good rebounding numbers - but you saw what NBA PF/C prospects of UNC did to him on the glass. They moved him out of the way. I just don't see it.

You can't deny the production. It's a very strange case, something I scratch my head over constantly because I'm waiting for the drop off, but I think he'd be crazy to test the draft waters without at least improving his shot and some sort of offensive game off the dribble. There's a TON of guys who have his skill set and measurables on offense - he sticks out for one reason and that's the rebounding. There's nothing to indicate that can stick at the next level.

My point was production means nothing. Pat Williams played 18 min a night for FSU and was the 4th pick last year. It's clear he's an NBA player based on his upside/measurables.

I look at a kid like Jordan Nwora shooting over 40% from deep and being right there for ACC POY and going mid-2nd round.

If JC left, maybe a team takes a shot on him in the mid-late 2nd, but he's going to grade near the bottom in many measurables. 6'6" PF that can't do anything off the dribble. Marginal shooter behind the arc. Not a great defender. Very good rebounding numbers - but you saw what NBA PF/C prospects of UNC did to him on the glass. They moved him out of the way. I just don't see it.

You can't deny the production. It's a very strange case, something I scratch my head over constantly because I'm waiting for the drop off, but I think he'd be crazy to test the draft waters without at least improving his shot and some sort of offensive game off the dribble. There's a TON of guys who have his skill set and measurables on offense - he sticks out for one reason and that's the rebounding. There's nothing to indicate that can stick at the next level.
Yeah for my selfish sake i hope you're right.
And i get all your points.

Reactions: Straight Eye Larry
Yeah for my selfish sake i hope you're right.
And i get all your points.

trust me, I want the kid to make it and do well in the NBA. I wish nothing but the best for JC - right now, I just don't see it. He has a coach who's seen and knows what it takes to get there, and I'm sure he'll give him the best advice there is.

Reactions: pittjas

I don’t disagree. If he declares he should stay in, so he should take his time in making a decision.

Possible 10 open ships. Champ to NBA. XJ to China and Toney to Europe. Brown and Nike done. Hugley, collier, and jeffress gone. Drumgoole transfer. Leaves a core of Akc, Horton, and max.

*This may have been typed in the context of taking a shot for every shot the team should not have.

Assuming he did come back to college for another year, and with the new transfer rule, what would make anyone think he would want to come back and play with these misfits and there coach who lacks the ability to motivate these kids.

I wouldn't be shocked if coach Capel leaves Pitt. There would be no improvement in this team if every player returned for next year even with Hughly

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT