ADVERTISEMENT

When does holstein enter the heisman conversation

He won’t this year. But if he continues to put up big numbers he will definitely have some preseason hype heading into next year, which seems to be mandatory if you’re going to have a legitimate shot.

Reactions: ChazzMo
He's not going to be in the conversation this year. He still has a long way to go as a passer, tbh. He definitely has the tools to get there though.

He's an exceptional runner. He runs with purpose and a lot of instinctive shake & juke to his game.

He's not going to be in the conversation this year. He still has a long way to go as a passer, tbh. He definitely has the tools to get there though.

He's an exceptional runner. He runs with purpose and a lot of instinctive shake & juke to his game.
Agree that talking about him being a candidate this year is premature Also agree he has to continue to improve

In addition to his running ability what he has that many qbs don’t have is incredibly feel in the pocket. He doesn’t flush too soon and is able to move about and buy time.

What he needs to improve on os being more decisive but that will come with experience

Reactions: kma0043
When Pitt is top 10. That's typically how it works.

I think if he continues to have a nice season, then he will be in the others receiving votes discussion, just not the top 3. The OL just isn't good enough this season, but if they invest for next year he's good enough to win it.

When he breaks at least two FBS single-season passing records, because that's the only way he's getting into the conversation as a freshman at Pitt against this schedule.

But for fun let's compare his first four against Pickett's first four.

PctYdsTDsINTsRTGRydsRtds
Pickett74.2%1342151195.61212
Holstein67.4%1186122Not Mathing1892

Reactions: Parkview57
When he breaks at least two FBS single-season passing records, because that's the only way he's getting into the conversation as a freshman at Pitt against this schedule.

But for fun let's compare his first four against Pickett's first four.

PctYdsTDsINTsRTGRydsRtds
Pickett74.2%1342151195.61212
Holstein67.4%1186122Not Mathing1892

Yeah but KP had Addison and a better OL.

If we crush NC and he goes off again, he'll start getting those "darkhorse" mentions.
After they got pasted by JMU today, I’m not sure that would move the needle. I think if he continues to play as well as he has it will get him and Pitt a lot of hype going into next season though.

Well ............Cam Ward from Miami, and the two Colorado kids, especially Travis Hunter, Jaxson Dart from Ole Miss and the Nussmeier QB from LSU I imagine are the leaders right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT