ADVERTISEMENT

Where is Leggett?

Literally doing what every other player in the country does after a take to the rim with some contact.

Total predetermined ref show IMO
A WVU player acted up a lot worse later in the game with no T.

Do not know if it was in close proximity to the ref who gave the T to Leggett.

Played 3 minutes in first half.

Was sitting him that long wise?

I'm not a fan of really ever sitting a player due to fouls and studies show its not smart. Last game, my point guard picked up 2 fouls on the first couple possessions. Didnt sit him and he didnt pick up another foul the rest of the game. Now if a guy picks up his 4th early in the 2nd Half, I'd sit him for 4-5 minutes just to calm down. I know people will say "well what if you best player fouls out with 12 minutes left." I say, what if he doesn't. You got the benefit of all those extra minutes of him playing with 4

Reactions: Fredact
I'm not a fan of really ever sitting a player due to fouls and studies show its not smart. Last game, my point guard picked up 2 fouls on the first couple possessions. Didnt sit him and he didnt pick up another foul the rest of the game. Now if a guy picks up his 4th early in the 2nd Half, I'd sit him for 4-5 minutes just to calm down. I know people will say "well what if you best player fouls out with 12 minutes left." I say, what if he doesn't. You got the benefit of all those extra minutes of him playing with 4
Years of professional analytics vs. one situational example. Hmm.

Years of professional analytics vs. one situational example. Hmm.

Analytics show you should never sit a player due to fouls because all parts of the game are equally important. When you sit a player, you are guaranteeing reduced playing time for him. If you dont sit him, he might foul out, which means reduced playing time but he also may not meaning you have an important player longer than he would have been available otherwise.

Reactions: Fredact
Analytics show you should never sit a player due to fouls because all parts of the game are equally important. When you sit a player, you are guaranteeing reduced playing time for him. If you dont sit him, he might foul out, which means reduced playing time but he also may not meaning you have an important player longer than he would have been available otherwise.

But you also have to account for the fact, and it is a fact, that most players who are in foul trouble play differently than they do when they are not. They are typically much more tentative defensively, for example. How are you accounting for that, and if you aren't then simply saying "more minutes" may be true, but if they are more "bad" minutes, is that actually helping you or is it hurting you?

Reactions: Protes
And Fede’s illegal screen call. Totally bogus.

Bad call there but I thought we drew 2 charges that were "last year charges." One was out on the perimeter that Jorge took. Maybe its that I dont fully understand the new interpretation but block/charges seem to have gone from 80% charge to 20% charge in 1 year and the result is you are seeing less players flopping. It has been such a joy to see.

I'm not a fan of really ever sitting a player due to fouls and studies show it’s not smart. Last game, my point guard picked up 2 fouls on the first couple possessions. Didnt sit him and he didnt pick up another foul the rest of the game. Now if a guy picks up his 4th early in the 2nd Half, I'd sit him for 4-5 minutes just to calm down. I know people will say "well what if you best player fouls out with 12 minutes left." I say, what if he doesn't. You got the benefit of all those extra minutes of him playing with 4
Somehow people think that points at the end of the game are worth more than ones earlier in the game.

Bad call there but I thought we drew 2 charges that were "last year charges." One was out on the perimeter that Jorge took. Maybe its that I dont fully understand the new interpretation but block/charges seem to have gone from 80% charge to 20% charge in 1 year and the result is you are seeing less players flopping. It has been such a joy to see.
Jorge took 2 very clear charges
1 as the primary defender when he beat the mouth breather to the spot and established position
The other as the off ball defender when he also got in the lane way before the drive - established - and took the charge

I believe the only major change in regarding the off ball defender needing to establish prior to the shot- rather than the old slide over when the drive and shot is starting

Jorge took legit charges both times

But you also have to account for the fact, and it is a fact, that most players who are in foul trouble play differently than they do when they are not. They are typically much more tentative defensively, for example. How are you accounting for that, and if you aren't then simply saying "more minutes" may be true, but if they are more "bad" minutes, is that actually helping you or is it hurting you?
We retained a lead with ish sitting
It was clearly the right call because we blew wvu out in the second with him
On the floor

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT