ADVERTISEMENT

Which coaches need fired next week?

Purdue_Panther

Sophomore
Nov 7, 2005
Cignetti obviously (I hope they just leave him in North Carolina with a coach stand by ticket)

Powell-too old and special teams are a mess

Borberly-offensive line was a mess and also need improved recruiting

Salem-tight ends always have talent but don’t often have results. Plus old.

Manalac-was only hired because he used to know Narduzzi and honestly linebackers need a major upgrade (Narduzzi has never had a good lb coach so maybe leave him as the next guy likely stinks too)

Bring in some youth and a high scoring offensive coordinator who is more interested in putting up points than time of possesion battles.

Reactions: Dan1911 and 303vND
Coaching changes won't matter unless the new hires inject some energy and enthusiasm into this program. Even though Pitt won 9 games last year, it didn't feel like a good season. You could sense the team slipping and it went into an all-out freefall this year.

Cignetti obviously (I hope they just leave him in North Carolina with a coach stand by ticket)

Manalac-was only hired because he used to know Narduzzi and honestly linebackers need a major upgrade (Narduzzi has never had a good lb coach so maybe leave him as the next guy likely stinks too)

Bring in some youth and a high scoring offensive coordinator who is more interested in putting up points than time of possesion battles.

I was never a Borbs fan, but this year I think he actually did well. Lots and lots of injuries, and a lot of kids played way before they should have, and honestly, I clearly saw better performance as the year went on. That being said, no one is or should be safe. I am sure Narduzzi is, but I would think he is now on probation Another losing season he will be in trouble.

Need a magician to resurrect this mess. Need young blood and I wouldn't want anyone who has any ties to big 10 football. We can't even get any of the best guys from our own area anymore, they prefer to go play for the pedophile st. University. Thanks you big mouth blowhard!!

Has the strength and conditioning coach been on sabbatical for paternity leave since the end of last season? I'm not sure if we could stop the Seven Dwarves.

Reactions: Dan1911

We got a look at today what TE Johnson could have and should have been

I don't think it was Salem holding him back..

Cignetti And Bates

Strength HC and his staff

I keep everyone else

Here’s the list of coaches AD Badby would retain:

2378ccab-3abd-4e57-b48a-0a8149268f4e_text.gif

I’ll bang this drum until Narduzzi leaves or is fired. Tim Salem sucks, and has sucked for 9 years here. If you want to tell me he recruits well, great…but every TE coach in the Country should recruit well if they want to remain a coach at this level.

Cignetti, Borbely, Powell would be the 3 most obvious choices, but I’m not sure any of them deserve to stay.

Reactions: Purdue_Panther
I like Coach Bates, but I’d make Duzz handle the DC duties. Put the money saved toward hiring a good, young, aggressive Offensive Coordinator…

Also, hire Jerry O. to coach the linebackers.

Go Pitt.

I don’t get this dislike for Tim Salem. I wish people would do some research before passing judgment… He is responsible for bringing in the following players:

Kenny Pickett QB
Jason Pinnock DB
Izzy Abanikanda RB
Sirvocea Dennis LB
Solomon Deshields LB
Carter Warren OL
Sam Okunlola DE
Maurice Ffrench WR
Matt Goncalves OL
Phil Campbell. LB

I also believe he was responsible for bringing in Gavin Bartholomew as well.

Yes, let’s get rid of our best recruiter of under recruited players… SHEESH!

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/202...t-be-the-most-underappreciated-coach-at-pitt/

Reactions: Pittguy93 and gary2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT