ADVERTISEMENT

Financial situation with Coaches and AI

jivecat

Senior
Jul 5, 2001
We are stuck with Narduzzi because of his contract and I don't have a problem with that. I am a Pat fan. I do have a suggestion (albeit strange) that may allow us to reduce coaching salaries and improve the play on the field.

What if PITT became the first football team to use an AI offensive coordinator? Knowing what play to call based on who is on the field (both offensively and defensively) can be done so much faster with AI. AI could predict probabilities of success much faster then Cignetti or the the entire coaching staff. I would be willing to try considering we have a rebuilding year next year abd we almost v=certainly need to get rid of our OC. It would also attract some much needed attention for PITT. Colorado may have Deion but we would have AI.

We are stuck with Narduzzi because of his contract and I don't have a problem with that. I am a Pat fan. I do have a suggestion (albeit strange) that may allow us to reduce coaching salaries and improve the play on the field.

What if PITT became the first football team to use an AI offensive coordinator? Knowing what play to call based on who is on the field (both offensively and defensively) can be done so much faster with AI. AI could predict probabilities of success much faster then Cignetti or the the entire coaching staff. I would be willing to try considering we have a rebuilding year next year abd we almost v=certainly need to get rid of our OC. It would also attract some much needed attention for PITT. Colorado may have Deion but we would have AI.
Nah what Narduzzi really needs is an AI program that can breakdown the film for him, since he constantly tells us he needs "to review the game tape." Imagine how much more time he and his assistants would have on their hands. They could maybe spend more time recruiting.

I feel like there is probably some merit to this...But at the same time...you are probably about to make "Message Board Geniuses."

I feel like there is probably some merit to this...But at the same time...you are probably about to make "Message Board Geniuses."
I know...I was trying to phrase it in a way that would avoid them spinning it that way.

Seriously, AI will be a valuable tool.

I know...I was trying to phrase it in a way that would avoid them spinning it that way.

Seriously, AI will be a valuable tool.
Haha yeah I hear ya. It's really not a bad idea but that type of site loves those types of posts and will spin it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT