ADVERTISEMENT

Who doesn't go bowling?

gourdnibbler

Walk-on
Jul 23, 2008
I read an article saying 78 teams will go bowling this year. 79 teams currently have 6 wins. FSU should be 80. 2 other teams (New Mexico State, Louisiana Lafayette) also have a chance next week. Would really suck to get left out, when 5 win teams made it in previous years.

It does NOT suck not going to a bowl when mustering 5 wins.

Wont knock a team which did it last yr for accepting, but if 5 wins are all you got then you’re out so get over it. Only exceptional circumstances get 5 win teams to a bowl.

Last edited:
FSU is a funny case. Why do they have a game with UL Monroe on championship weekend? It wasn’t known then that FSU would be bad this year and not even come close to the ACC championship game, but at the time there was still hope?

I see it was originally supposed to be in September but postponed due to the hurricanes. But a few other games (notably GT - UCF) were just straight up cancelled.

Also, with how things are down there, I’m sure the FSU fans would be thrilled about going to some bottom of the barrel bowl game when they’re normally talking NY6/playoff. But extra practices/momentum for next year I guess...

Or they could have lost to Minnesota State in the Patriot Bowl in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania.

Best to savor the big win and get ready for next year.

FSU is a funny case. Why do they have a game with UL Monroe on championship weekend? It wasn’t known then that FSU would be bad this year and not even come close to the ACC championship game, but at the time there was still hope?

I see it was originally supposed to be in September but postponed due to the hurricanes. But a few other games (notably GT - UCF) were just straight up cancelled.

Also, with how things are down there, I’m sure the FSU fans would be thrilled about going to some bottom of the barrel bowl game when they’re normally talking NY6/playoff. But extra practices/momentum for next year I guess...

Believe it was rescheduled after it was assumed they wouldn’t be in the ACC Champ game. This was from the hurricanes early in the Fall.

Same reason why Miami will only have 11 games this year

Not saying 5 win teams should go. Saying having 6 wins and missing out would suck.

No it wouldn't. 6 win teams shouldn't be going to a bowl game either. 8 wins minimum for bowl games. If you run out of those teams, dip into the 7 win column for the best teams and get a few mediocre sacrificial lambs. But 6 wins? Why should you be rewarded for a less than mediocre season?

I read an article saying 78 teams will go bowling this year. 79 teams currently have 6 wins. FSU should be 80. 2 other teams (New Mexico State, Louisiana Lafayette) also have a chance next week. Would really suck to get left out, when 5 win teams made it in previous years.

Believe it was mentioned here or somewhere else, but there are only certain bowl games NMSU will accept due to travel expenses. So even though they haven’t been to a bowl since 1960, they have said they may turn down any invite that isn’t close to home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT