ADVERTISEMENT

Who needs to shine tomorrow

Fsgolfdr

Head Coach
Jan 6, 2012
Before the news about Fede , I thought about which Pitt player’s performance makes the biggest difference between them winning and losing games . I’ve been on the Burton bandwagon for several yrs and as a well deserved 1st team All Team ACC player he’s the obvious choice , but not mine . Burton when defended well has become an excellent distributor of the ball and there’s no doubt that without him they’d be in deep trouble . Burton‘s play is a constant and he gets his points or assists or on good nights both , but there’s a player on this team that I think makes a bigger difference between Pitt winning and losing . I don’t think Pitt can win against any good team when Blake Hinson is ineffective , and that’s regardless of how Burton plays . If Fede is sidelined tomorrow Pitt not only needs Hinson to shoot the eyes out of the basket , but he needs to step up and rebound , Pitt can’t rely on the twins just yet . I just hope it’s enough if Fede doesn’t play . What I’m afraid of we might find out it’s really Fede !

Before the news about Fede , I thought about which Pitt player’s performance makes the biggest difference between them winning and losing games . I’ve been on the Burton bandwagon for several yrs and as a well deserved 1st team All Team ACC player he’s the obvious choice , but not mine . Burton when defended well has become an excellent distributor of the ball and there’s no doubt that without him they’d be in deep trouble . Burton‘s play is a constant and he gets his points or assists or on good nights both , but there’s a player on this team that I think makes a bigger difference between Pitt winning and losing . I don’t think Pitt can win against any good team when Blake Hinson is ineffective , and that’s regardless of how Burton plays . If Fede is sidelined tomorrow Pitt not only needs Hinson to shoot the eyes out of the basket , but he needs to step up and rebound , Pitt can’t rely on the twins just yet . I just hope it’s enough if Fede doesn’t play . What I’m afraid of we might find out it’s really Fede !

The most important member of the team tomorrow is

....................the trainers and medical staff.

Whatever they need to do over the next 24 hours so Fede can play, they need to do.

The most important member of the team tomorrow is

....................the trainers and medical staff.

Whatever they need to do over the next 24 hours so Fede can play, they need to do.
a8cac876-ebac-4f42-b78d-822ccae82fbc_text.gif

Fede is unfortunate…but in all honesty he had pretty much worn down the past two weeks to the point of barely effective. Certainly not defensively or on the boards. If he was the Fede of the UNC game it would be particularly big of a loss. But of the last few games? Wide open dunks in the GT game aside, not so much.

The twins along with Santos can take on that role. Effectively? Not really likely. But they’ll have to try. What’s the alternative?

As far as who needs to shine then, I’d have to say Burton has to. The problem is that we need him not to THINK he has to. Then he presses and makes dumb plays. This is true of all our guys actually. They need to play within themselves, as tempting as it will be to do more.

Fede is unfortunate…but in all honesty he had pretty much worn down the past two weeks to the point of barely effective. Certainly not defensively or on the boards. If he was the Fede of the UNC game it would be particularly big of a loss. But of the last few games? Wide open dunks in the GT game aside, not so much.

The twins along with Santos can take on that role. Effectively? Not really likely. But they’ll have to try. What’s the alternative?

As far as who needs to shine then, I’d have to say Burton has to. The problem is that we need him not to THINK he has to. Then he presses and makes dumb plays. This is true of all our guys actually. They need to play within themselves, as tempting as it will be to do more.
I feel we've gone away from. Sharing the ball well. Not sure if stats actually back that up tho.

Nellie needs to shoot the ball when he is open. Last few games, he has been hesitant with taking the open look. He’s got a good stroke!

Be confident young man! No reason not to! Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Drew1208
I think when a combination of both Elliott and Hinson are shooting the ball good beyond the arch that is when this Pitt team is at its best. That is what they have to do against this Miss St team that is gonna want to muck it up and win ugly. Clog up the middle if your Pitt and force Miss St to shoot the ball from the outside where again they are THE WORST 3 Point Shooting team in College basketball. If Hinson and Elliott have good games shooting Pitt will win. I think both need to have 4 or 5 3 pointers each for Pitt to win this game.

Reactions: CCHS82 and Drew1208
I’m going to go with Sibande based on the style of game we can expect against MSU. We need his versatility

Reactions: SteelBowl70
The bigs...Fede and/or Diaz twins. Someone needs to battle on the boards as Miss St is a top rebounding team especially on the offensive glass.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
The bigs...Fede and/or Diaz twins. Someone needs to battle on the boards as Miss St is a top rebounding team especially on the offensive glass.
Agree here. I think we will move the ball and create shots but everything will depend on if we have a glass cleaner tonight. Someone here must step up.

I sense an unexpected hero saves the day tonight. Pitt 66-65

If Fede can’t play, I think it’s going to be critical for one of the twins to have a good solid shooting night and pull their bigs away from the basket and get them in foul trouble.

On the defensive side, their bigs are probably going to score a decent amount of points. Key will be our bigs not getting into early foul trouble. And for our guards to play effective D. We can win if their big men total 30 but their guards struggle.

I get the people saying Fede because of Tolu Smith but this team can’t operate unless they space the floor. The easiest way that happens is if Hinson knocks down shots. If he does, that opens up Burton and Sibande inside and Elliott for open threes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT