ADVERTISEMENT

Who was the person...

PITTLAW

Athletic Director
Jul 10, 2001
complaining about a lack of communication from Pitt regarding athletics? I have received multiple emails each day all week about the game on Saturday, promotions, parking, etc. Hope you are satisfied with the communication, as if they "speak" to me any more, I am going to have to start charging my hourly rate. Hail to Pitt!

complaining about a lack of communication from Pitt regarding athletics? I have received multiple emails each day all week about the game on Saturday, promotions, parking, etc. Hope you are satisfied with the communication, as if they "speak" to me any more, I am going to have to start charging my hourly rate. Hail to Pitt!

It's amazing that the guy who continually complains about this never seems to get any of these emails and never seems to see anything that Pitt posts on their web site, isn't it.

Reactions: PITTLAW
Maybe that is part of the problem. Not sure of everyone posting above, but I get lots of mail from Pitt. I also send them mail (Donations, Ticket applications, etc. ) Maybe the poster(s) who don't get mail because sadly the university lost track of them? Or more sadly, the poster(s) doesn't go to games or donate and the university gave up on them.

Reactions: Big Marty1
Maybe that is part of the problem. Not sure of everyone posting above, but I get lots of mail from Pitt. I also send them mail (Donations, Ticket applications, etc. ) Maybe the poster(s) who don't get mail because sadly the university lost track of them? Or more sadly, the poster(s) doesn't go to games or donate and the university gave up on them.

My aunt recently told me that she kept my uncles e-mail active after his passing in 2007. He gets multiple e-mails a week as well, despite being deceased for 10 years.

Most likely.

The latter is most likely

well if someone said it, and it's looking like that is pretty questionable but if someone said it, they are probably referencing past ADs and well, they'd be correct..

I've always receive emails and items in the mail from Pitt since I was a season ticket holder starting in 2001. It's gotten better, especially with social media now, etc, but the communication has always been there.

The communication has been good recently. I note anecdotally, however, that I went to see Pitt play hoops at Maryland 4 years ago and got my tickets thru the Maryland athletics dept. and I can tell you that to this day, I get as many if not more emails from the Maryland athletics department)on all sports) as I do from Pitt. And I have been a lifetime hoops and FB season ticket holder and Panther Club member since I left the womb! Pitt's been a little slow on the draw for sure.

The communication has been good recently. I note anecdotally, however, that I went to see Pitt play hoops at Maryland 4 years ago and got my tickets thru the Maryland athletics dept. and I can tell you that to this day, I get as many if not more emails from the Maryland athletics department)on all sports) as I do from Pitt. And I have been a lifetime hoops and FB season ticket holder and Panther Club member since I left the womb! Pitt's been a little slow on the draw for sure.
I went to one nats vs pirate game in DC in 07 and I get emails still to this day from them. i'll junk it and somehow, they still find me.

You are right... it is almost annoying, but I thought the same thing. They are making a concerted effort to fix the previous issue, and for that, kudos.

Reactions: PITTLAW
I actually could care less if I get the "nickel and dime" emails telling me where to park, where to tailgate, etc. I didn't become successful following directions from stupid people sending out emails that the average dope should be able to figure out on their own!

And I could care less about going to lunch with PITT people since I'm to busy.
But I am interested in the NEW direction of PITT athletics under the care and custody of our new AD.

Yet I hear nothing in this area!

Well Mrs Buffett and I have 3 sets of season tickets. One really good set that we use and two North End Zone sets of two that we give away at our tailgate to people who don't buy tickets.

Since the "big shot" who opened this thread indicated he's getting multiple emails per day regarding the Saturday PITT football game I thought I update "big dog" on PITT communication with Mrs Buffett and myself!

To date I received one email today Wednesday from PITT regarding the Sat football game which stated " this is the email that was sent out yesterday Tuesday and was forwarded to you today Wednesday"??????????????????????

Are you kidding me! Mrs Buffett owns a media co. so I said to her read this email from PITT athletic and let me know what you think. Well I got a LOL!

So the rest of you "big mouths" who get or got emails everyday starting on Monday are either full of cr-p or big dogs who get special treatment that others don't get!

If I have three sets of season tickets and just got my first email today (not that I actually care) its obvious that PITT athletics doesn't have their communications act together!

I do on occasion view the website.As a season ticket holder I expect key communications to be highlighted so I can focus on the important stuff.
I'm not the average or below average JOE who has all day to waste reading the PITT website!

Or they don't really care because caring requires a lot of hard work!

So I asked the author of the email from PITT why I get a forwarded email a day after the original email was issued and so far nothing which is what I expect from the athletic office!

Just for kicks and to confuse them I asked them why others have been getting emails since Monday? LOL! Like I expect an answer!

I guess they're busy?????

Go PITT! We're lucky we bring footballs to a football game but I'm happy someone thinks of this?

Last edited:
Hmm, interesting. I haven't been receiving them but I've been a season ticket holder since Pitt stadium. I somehow got removed from the email list a few years ago, and I had to call to get on the list again for some reason. Guess I'll call them in the morning. Thanks for the heads up.

I went to one nats vs pirate game in DC in 07 and I get emails still to this day from them. i'll junk it and somehow, they still find me.

My son wanted to go see Freddy Adu play back when he was a teenager playing in MLS. At the time he played for DC, so I looked for a Saturday when DC had a home game that summer to get us tickets with the idea of spending the weekend in Washington. Well we couldn't find one weekend that they had a Saturday home game that we didn't have something else going on. But I noticed that there was a Saturday that they were playing in Columbus that worked, and I thought what the heck, Columbus is an easy drive, let's go out there for a game. That was in July of 2006. To this day I still get multiple emails a week from the Columbus Crew trying to get me to buy tickets.

Last edited:
So the rest of you "big mouths" who get or got emails everyday starting on Monday are either full of cr-p or big dogs who get special treatment that others don't get!

I just went through my deleted emails. In the last week I have received 10 emails from Pitt on various athletic department matters. One of them was a duplicate of one of the others for some reason, so technically nine different emails. The last one that I got came early this afternoon. I'd suggest making sure that they have your correct email address and that they don't have you marked down as someone who has requested to not get emails, because they have always been sending them out, and they are sending out many more now than they ever have before.

I've also received four emails from the Columbus Crew in the same time frame!

Reactions: ThePanthers
I just went through my deleted emails. In the last week I have received 10 emails from Pitt on various athletic department matters. One of them was a duplicate of one of the others for some reason, so technically nine different emails. The last one that I got came early this afternoon. I'd suggest making sure that they have your correct email address and that they don't have you marked down as someone who has requested to not get emails, because they have always been sending them out, and they are sending out many more now than they ever have before.

I've also received four emails from the Columbus Crew in the same time frame!
Congratulations!
I'll be a gentleman and say thank you as youre constructing your "snarky" reply.
As I mentioned I requested via telephone and email exactly what you suggested!

Congratulations!
I'll be a gentleman and say thank you as youre constructing your "snarky" reply.
As I mentioned I requested via telephone and email exactly what you suggested!

Actually I gave a serious response to the snarky post you came up with in the first place. After all, you are the one telling people that they are "big mouths" or "full of crap" for simply telling you the facts. But it's no surprise that you can't see that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT