ADVERTISEMENT

Who's rooting for Syracuse to win the National Championship?

Pitt79

Board of Trustee
Oct 3, 2005
I am, I want to be able to say Pitt beat the National Champs THREE STRAIGHT TIMES this year! This might actually be Jamie's finest post season showing! :)

I am, I want to be able to say Pitt beat the National Champs THREE STRAIGHT TIMES this year! This might actually be Jamie's finest post season showing! :)

Me because I think it would be hilarious that 2 of the last 3 NCs would be won by teams coming directly off probation. Eff the NCAA.

Carolina Lina Lina

Classes that don't exist...blame it on the women

Skate to NCAAM title number 6??

Go Tarheels

UNC will win by double digits. It won't be in doubt. too much talent.

Want to know what is ironic and just perfect to describe Jamie's domination against Syracuse vs Jamie's March Meltdowns.

Jamie ended up 15-6 against Syracuse here.

Two of those losses were in the CBI year, where Pitt was not that great, and Syracuse was either ranked 1 or 2 that year.

But Jamie only played Syracuse twice in the post season. He lost to them both times. So Jamie was 15-4 against Syracuse in the regular season. 0-2 in the Post Season. It's not luck.

The only reason for me to root for Syracuse is to further embarrass the weak NCAA in their failure to punish programs who cheat.

I have to admit, I do tend to root for all our old Big East brothers. Brothers that were brothers every day but gameday. I miss the old Big East. But like a lot of things in life, they are distant but pleasant memories. That is all.

Want to know what is ironic and just perfect to describe Jamie's domination against Syracuse vs Jamie's March Meltdowns.

Jamie ended up 15-6 against Syracuse here.

Two of those losses were in the CBI year, where Pitt was not that great, and Syracuse was either ranked 1 or 2 that year.

But Jamie only played Syracuse twice in the post season. He lost to them both times. So Jamie was 15-4 against Syracuse in the regular season. 0-2 in the Post Season. It's not luck.

The only reason for me to root for Syracuse is to further embarrass the weak NCAA in their failure to punish programs who cheat.
Didn't Pitt win this year in the POST-SEASON ACC tourney game?

Yeah sorry missed that. Obviously we were 3-0 against them. Still......we just abuse the cuse, except when it comes to a tourney, we get Jamiefied.

I don't know, Dixon had a pretty good record of beating good teams in the BET up to and including 2008. NCAA Tournament, sure, not such great wins to boast about. Just three games against Syracuse in conference tournaments. 1-2 record, not sure if it's a big enough sample to mean much.

Nova ideally, but ABC-anyome but Carolina-will work.

Wouldn't mind seeing OU win it. Likeable team this year and Buddy Hield is tremendous.

I don't know, Dixon had a pretty good record of beating good teams in the BET up to and including 2008. NCAA Tournament, sure, not such great wins to boast about. Just three games against Syracuse in conference tournaments. 1-2 record, not sure if it's a big enough sample to mean much.
You are right, 3 games is not enough of a sample size to draw any conclusions, vs 18 regular season games.

Syracuse my second favorite team. Love Jimmy B. Hate their fans.

But if Oklahoma wins it all I win a pool, so I'll pull for them even over the 'Cuse in the final.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT