ADVERTISEMENT

Why didnt the Steelers just pick up Flacco?

President Stache

Heisman Candidate
Dec 4, 2010
He looks far better than Fields looks.

I havent watched any steeler games, but watching this one and eek, do people really like Fields? Is Wilson still injured?

Perhaps RW and Fields were cheaper, too.

I'm not sure Bob Nutting runs his franchise that much differently than the Rooneys. It's just the NFL has a salary cap is generally setup to give a cheap owner a better shot at competing.

• Sad
Reactions: ThePanthers
Because the Bears were a trainwreck before Fields, and they’re going to continue to be a trainwreck after Fields.

Trainwreck how? They had better stats than the Steelers last year

Bears defense was 12th in the NFL in total yards, the Steelers were 19th
Bears offense was #2 in rushing, Steelers offense was #29 in rushing
Bears qbs had the 14th most time in the pocket, Steelers QBs has 29th most time in the pocket before pressure

I get it, Tomlin is a much better coach, but as far as players around him, the Bears and Steelers, you could certainly argue the Bears had more last year.

Even if you say receivers were better, Johnson missed 5 of the first 7 games last year.

I think Russel Wilson was perceived as having more gas in the tank, and he was cheaper. Fields was viewed as a lottery ticket that might hit.

We know better, though. Even with the Steelers using their media cronies to lay cover.

Flacco reads the field very well and doesn’t seem to have happy feet. He’s a really nice back up who has proven he can come in and win games.

I’m guessing the Steelers didn’t want 2 35plus qbs in the roster. Also strange question as the Steelers with fields is 3-0, he has done exactly what has been asked of him and isn’t the reason the Steelers are losing right now.

I’m guessing the Steelers didn’t want 2 35plus qbs in the roster. Also strange question as the Steelers with fields is 3-0, he has done exactly what has been asked of him and isn’t the reason the Steelers are losing right now.
He’s also not the reason they are 3-0.

Where did I say Flacco would make a difference. I said in this offense it doesn’t matter who plays qb

And I was explaining to the op why they targeting fields over Flacco and why it was a weird question right now. Not saying fields is the reason the Steelers are 3-0

Fields was the only reason the Steelers were in that game. He did make a few brain dead plays but they get shutout without him today.

Reactions: 303vND
The knock on Fields is that he can look like an All Pro and a third-string benchwarmer - in the same quarter. Supposedly that’s why the Bears gave-up on him; the inconsistencies were maddening for them.

The knock on Fields is that he can look like an All Pro and a third-string benchwarmer - in the same quarter. Supposedly that’s why the Bears gave-up on him; the inconsistencies were maddening for them.
Yes. Same stuff very present today. Especially on the last drive and his fumble earlier. Dropped a few other snaps. Made some fine plays too though for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT