ADVERTISEMENT

Why do you folks who think

Evenattheturn

Freshman
Jan 16, 2013
You know football,continue to show that you know absolutely nothing ? The coaches have their livelihoods at stake and you folks who have never played nor coached have all the answers. Some of you really need to consider what you are writing here-it reinforces your total lack of understanding of the sport.

Ill interpret

You know football? Then continue to show you know absolutely nothing. The coaches have their livelihoods at stake, while you, who have never played or coached, claim to have all the answers. Some of you need to consider what you're writing—it only highlights your complete lack of understanding of the sport.

You know football,continue to show that you know absolutely nothing ? The coaches have their livelihoods at stake and you folks who have never played nor coached have all the answers. Some of you really need to consider what you are writing here-it reinforces your total lack of understanding of the sport.
Well… How much coaching ability do you need to figure out that Jurkovec needed to be replaced during the WVU game? We could see that without looking at the tape! How much coaching ability do you need to figure out that Yarnell was the best option at QB?

How many of us knew that Hammond was the best option at RB and should have received more carries?

Furthermore, how much coaching ability do you need to figure out the Steelers stunted the development of Kenny Pickett?

Sober up son….

Last edited:
Well… How much coaching ability do you need to figure out the Jurkovec needed to be replaced during the WVU game? We could see that without looking at the tape! How much coaching ability do you need to figure out that Yarnell was the best option at QB?

How many of us knew that Hammond was the best option at RB and should have received more carries?

Furthermore, how much coaching ability do you need to figure out the Steelers stunted the development of Kenny Pickett?

Sober up son….
I love how every time he posts over the past 15 or so years, there’s always questions raised about his sobriety. Lol.

Reactions: pittmeister
the staff went 3-9 last year and the HC put all of his trust in a life long offensive coordinator who watched Jurkovek play all spring and summer and truly believed he could throw a football.

Lets not act like these coaches whose livelihood is at stake are always right and fans are always wrong..

the staff went 3-9 last year and the HC put all of his trust in a life long offensive coordinator who watched Jurkovek play all spring and summer and truly believed he could throw a football.

Lets not act like these coaches whose livelihood is at stake are always right and fans are always wrong..
The analogy I use is flying a 767.

Could any of us do it? Probably not. But do all of us know enough about flying a 767 that we wouldn't slam one into a mountain? I think so.

That's how I feel about coaching. Yes, Mike Tomlin, Narduzzi, and many others know more than me. But that doesn't mean their decisions can't be weighed against evidence or our many thousands of hours of watching and following the sport.

If someone demands not to be questioned or evaluated, especially against any reasonable standards, that person is actually a cult leader.

The analogy I use is flying a 767.

Could any of us do it? Probably not. But do all of us know enough about flying a 767 that we wouldn't slam one into a mountain? I think so.

That's how I feel about coaching. Yes, Mike Tomlin, Narduzzi, and many others know more than me. But that doesn't mean their decisions can't be weighed against evidence or our many thousands of hours of watching and following the sport.

If someone demands not to be questioned or evaluated, especially against any reasonable standards, that person is actually a cult leader.
Decent analogy. I'd probably use something more subtle. Like a doctor reusing a needle because he's too lazy or too cheap to get a clean one or an engineer that was tired of working on a project and approves a plan that he know will likely fail but he figures he'll be dead by then.

so what?

This so called son has been watching Pitt football since he. was a teenager(1957).How about you know it alls ?
Apparently age does not bring wisdom. If it did, the people running this country would be the "all knowing masters of time and space"....

Close and objective observation along with critical thinking goes a long way....

I love these....

Why do you folks who never run or held a political office feel you have the ability to criticize our politicians.
Why do you folks who never taught anything feel you know more and criticize teachers.
Why do you folks who never were in law enforcement feel you have the ability to criticize police.

On. And on. And on.

Stupid post.

Apparently age does not bring wisdom. If it did, the people running this country would be the "all knowing masters of time and space"....

Close and objective observation along with critical thinking goes a long way....
our oldest and wisest don’t run for public office.

Ok oh wise one, care to enlighten us? Let's start with Pitt's LB keys and reads in their base front......pretty basic stuff. Thanks for the insight in advance.
Homer Simpson Thinking GIF
Evenattherurn right now…

Reactions: Parkview57
Why does it matter? It's a FREE MESSAGE BOARD, just for fun and recreation, it's not something serious. People don't need to have experience or qualifications to HAVE FUN throwing out comments on recreational, free message board, nobody is getting paid, just giving random opinion.

Reactions: ChazzMo
Why is it that a line forms at the bank teller window....and the old lady (about Even's age) feels she must share photos of her grandchildren?

Why is it that a line forms at Dunkin Donuts while some old dude ( about Even's age) spends a half hour to pick 12 different donuts.?

Why is it some old guy ( about Even's age) driving an 86 Buick Lesabre feels the need to wait for the green light before executing a right turn??

This forum should just shut down if it’s not okay to disagree with coaching decisions. Just turn it into a pure news feed where only agreeable participants are allowed to make posts. It’ll be like the South Park episode where Butters was forced to edit Cartman’s social media and delete all negative posts.

That said, coaches aren’t stupid. They have a reason behind why one QB starts over another. But some dudes are great in practice but stink when the lights and cameras turn on. Others are the opposite. Sometimes it takes time to figure it all out. And at the salaries they make, coaches should be capable of understanding and accepting criticism. It’s how fans have behaved since fans first started watching sports.

I love these....

Why do you folks who never run or held a political office feel you have the ability to criticize our politicians.
Why do you folks who never taught anything feel you know more and criticize teachers.
Why do you folks who never were in law enforcement feel you have the ability to criticize police.

On. And on. And on.

Stupid post.
Just shut up and trust the soyance er a science peasant.......

Maybe because we are coming off a 3 win season , so perhaps the coaches opinions aren’t gospel ?

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
You come here looking for a roundtable discussion by the greatest minds in the game on the intricacies of the sport? Hahaha. Kind of shows you know absolutely nothing about human nature and how it applies to fandom...

Hoopies and Pedos hanging on the Pitt site......what a bunch of pathetic losers!
A life long close friend and former business associate of mine comes from a Pitt family. Recently he has been suffering from poor health and can no longer attend Pitt games. We get together several times a month and one of topics of discussion is always Pitt football.

I generally come here to for information so that I can discuss with him a topic that he is passionate about.

My 'troll' was nothing more than an attempted good natured response to the post directly above mine.

Not every fan of another team comes here with a nefarious purpose.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
A life long close friend and former business associate of mine comes from a Pitt family. Recently he has been suffering from poor health and can no longer attend Pitt games. We get together several times a month and one of topics of discussion is always Pitt football.

I generally come here to for information so that I can discuss with him a topic that he is passionate about.

My 'troll' was nothing more than an attempted good natured response to the post directly above mine.

Not every fan of another team comes here with a nefarious purpose.
beat it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT