ADVERTISEMENT

Why must you have Comcast?

Aren't you the super Pitt fan who bragged about not buying season tickets because you could get seats much cheaper from secondary markets and scalpers?

Get off your high horse Mr. Hypocrite and get off your self righteous behind and go to the games!

Yep, I was still going to all the games. That was only for a few years during Dixon II when season ticket prices were extremely high and actual demand was very low. I started buying tickets again with Stallings actually, not because I liked him, but because I could get good lowers.

People keep saying this, and I don't get it. I've had DirecTV for a very long time, and I have never signed a contract. Not once. I could call them right now and drop the service with no repercussions, other than I suppose I'd have to send them their box back.

I think you have to sign a 1 or 2 year contract with the initial service. Then you are free

So what. I'm I big Pitt fan and have Comcast and hulu.
But did you ever think that people may want or need Comcast for other things besides pitt and accn.
Doesn't make them lazy, stupid , or anything else.
They made a choice just like you.

Reactions: Jakey_John
They made a choice just like you.

But then if they make that choice, why are they bitching about the choice that they made?

I mean if someone really feels they need to have Comcast (or any other service for that matter), then they also should recognize that there are consequences to those decisions. If you don't like the consequences then make a different decision. If you are happy with your decision, quit bitching.

Honestly- the ACCN forced me to do something I’ve wanted to do for a long time - dump cable. I’m so happy I dropped Comcast for PSVue. Im saving so much money, no contracts, no new equipment (we have a PS4), and have every channel I could possibly want.

PS4 pricing is so transparent too- I can drop any time , no equipment fees, Comcast bills were so ridiculous to decipher- and you couldn’t access their non new customer pricing without calling— basically their model is to bludgeon you into not asking questions because it was too inconvenient.

there is nothing more convenient about cable. I had more issues with weak signals with Comcast and have had zero issues streaming PSVue wirelessly. Sports look great in HD on my big screen. I’m so pleased with it.

I dont understand why any true Pitt or ACC fan would choose Comcast cable over the ability to watch 5-6 Pitt football games and 20 or so basketball games on ACCN by switching to YouTubeTV, Hulu, Playstation Vue, Sling, DirecTV, or Dish. Listen, I get it. I actually do like the convenience of cable TV. However, is that convenience really worth missing all these Pitt games and other good ACC events? I mean, all it takes is maybe an hour of your time and you can have the ACCN and probably be paying LESS than you were with Comcast.

So, honestly, what is so great about Comcast? Do you love the service they provide at the price they charge that much that you are willing to go without ACCN? I dont get it.

Got my Roku tonight for $30 and will be cutting the cord next week so I can watch the Ohio game since I cant be there.
For the time being I am saving $60/month off my cable bill.
Do I like the product? Not really, but the $720 I am saving the 1st 12 months makes me feel a bit better

Another thing to consider...if I had a choice between Verizon and Comcast, you can often switch to play them off against each other. Considering that if you stick with one you likely will watch your price increase pretty significantly every year, I’m not paying 50 extra a month no matter how you slice it for maybe 10-12 pitt sporting events per year?

price doesn't go up every year with FIOS or I doubt with Comcast. There is a one time bump usually after the teaser rate 2 year agreement ends. Then after that my FIOS rate has stayed virtually the same or gone up slightly, maybe $5 every 2 years

But it isn't actually AT&T in the Bay area. AT&T currently owns four regional sports networks. Pittsburgh, Rocky Mountain (Denver), Southwest (Houston) and Northwest (Seattle). None of those networks currently allow streaming, although they keep saying that it's on the way.

It looks like the regional sports networks in the Bay area are NBC Sports California and NBC Sports Bay Area. Oddly enough, those are owned by NBC, not AT&T.

There was a story several weeks ago that ATT was considering selling off their few RSNs to pay off some debt. I can't really see ATT staying independent very long.

Honestly- the ACCN forced me to do something I’ve wanted to do for a long time - dump cable.

Me too. The greed of these cable companies not wanting to pay for the ACCN is going to bite them a bit. I signed up for Hulu yesterday and am testing it out. I can get that and the ESPN/Disney+ bundle in a couple months for still only a bit over half of what I currently pay for cable that I barely watch.

I can’t prove it but I’m pretty sure Comcast had a hand in the Kennedy assassination.
They are at least pretty much local rapist as far as cable rates with subpar selections .
I mean bar channel and how theses morons manage there business ?
Let them go under and give up there liquor license to a better managed company .
It's usually hiring idiot morons who give ou free drinks to there friends or are drinking on the job. I mean . C'mon thats worth paying for on a outrageous paying cable option .
comcast are a rip-off . And they know it but are a monopoly .

Last edited:
I'm happy with Billy announcing it on my back porch and PB correcting him on every other call

I can't believe anyone is defending the ACC in this fiasco They are way overestimating the value of their network. Comcast, is making a rational business decision playing hardball with them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT