ADVERTISEMENT

I will be fielding your CW questions

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
- YouTube TV doesn't carry the Central PA CW affiliate

- Hule Live TV doesn't carry any of the CW affiliates (I have heard)

The CW, just like ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox have local affiliates. So you arent really "searching" for The CW. You are searching for its affiliate. That's who the carriage agreement is with, not The CW. Luckily, I dont believe there's any issue with anyone in WPA getting access to these CW games because its local affiliate, WPNT is carried by Comcast and YouTube TV. Not sure about Fios or DirecTV.

The CW, just like ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox have local affiliates. So you arent really "searching" for The CW. You are searching for its affiliate. That's who the carriage agreement is with, not The CW. Luckily, I dont believe there's any issue with anyone in WPA getting access to these CW games because its local affiliate, WPNT is carried by Comcast and YouTube TV. Not sure about Fios or DirecTV.
I was at a buddy’s house for the Cincy football game back in Sept and we were able to watch through their Hulu Live in the Johnstown/Altoona market. I think the CW in that market is a sub channel of WJAC, the NBC affiliate. That was back in Sept so I don’t know if that’s changed.

On Vita IPTV, I get the CW affiliate from pretty much every major market. Most of the minor markets too. $35 for 6 months. Get rid of everything but internet and spend the savings on NIL or a new truck.

There is o game on at the time of the Pitt - Miami game, the accn has acc legends and virginias path to a title, who cares, that game should be on, sounds like acc favoritism

There is o game on at the time of the Pitt - Miami game, the accn has acc legends and virginias path to a title, who cares, that game should be on, sounds like acc favoritism
The CW bought this game months ago as part of the package they bought from Raycom/Bally Sports. The ACC couldn’t move it to the ACCN if it wanted to - they don’t have the rights to it.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
This might be worth a try for those looking to see the game?

The CW bought this game months ago as part of the package they bought from Raycom/Bally Sports. The ACC couldn’t move it to the ACCN if it wanted to - they don’t have the rights to it.
They did at first have the rights to it

No they didnt. The CW gets to pick a certain number of games. This was a game they picked.

I don't think it's so much that they picked it, it's that well before the season when the television partners sat down and figured out who would get which games it's what they got left with. ESPN and the ACC Network get first picks, the CW pretty much gets what's left over, within the parameters of the contract (meaning they are guaranteed a certain number of games on certain days).

In other words, their contract said that they were getting two games today, so they got the two that were left over after ESPN and the ACCN picked which games they wanted, but the ACCN (for example) couldn't pick four games for a quadruple header and leave the CW with only one game, they had to leave two games for the CW.

Reactions: cease10

I live in Central PA and get the CW on YouTube TV

I’m better off but I can’t watch it either. Tried to stream it on my Xfinity app but can only do that from my home wifi due to licensing.

Oh I know. Maybe I’ll do it if there’s ever a point where it’s worth the effort, even as little effort that it would take to do that.
I no longer go through much effort nor expense to watch any basketball. And I used to be a big fan. Would watch many games not involving Pitt. I really think the schools and conferences should be very concerned that they are strangling their fan bases.
I think requiring multiple streaming platforms to watch your team play is really going to push fans away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT