ADVERTISEMENT

why no love for USC

Slick Manager of Champs

Heisman Candidate
Apr 22, 2007
2 loss conference chance....just like OSU. If Alabama gets in over either of those 2 it is rigged. Heck it shouldn't even be OSU, I would go with USC.

Usc will probably end up as one of the top 4 teams in country 2 years in a row and not get in either year. I would take them against OSU. I do think Bama is better than either however.

I'll make it real simple for you. There is a zero % chance that the committee will put USC in. No further explanation is necessary.

Your taking a strong contrarian viewpoint that will not come to fruition.

yes, tell me what you don't like and why you think Alabama/OSU has a better body of work. No eye test, objectively only.

I'll make it real simple for you. There is a zero % chance that the committee will put USC in. No further explanation is necessary.

Your taking a strong contrarian viewpoint that will not come to fruition.

You don't believe it's fair to question why USC isn't in the discussion? Like Slick requested, provide an objective reason why USC doesn't deserve the spot over OSU and Bama.

No, its not a fair question because its not going to happen. Zero chance. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

You don't believe it's fair to question why USC isn't in the discussion? Like Slick requested, provide an objective reason why USC doesn't deserve the spot over OSU and Bama.

Plus, USC only beat 1 team with more than 7 wins.

USC lost to ND by 35 and struggled to beat some pretty below average Western Michigan, Texas, Utah, Cal, and UCLA teams.

Iowa put 50 on OSU. Alabama beat some 8-4 SEC teams, Mercer, and lost to the only good team on their schedule.

And Vegas you didn't answer my question. To simply say committee won't pick them is a cop put.

Noi love you USC because everybody is kissing Gama's a$$.
Its a 3rd place team and it belongs in the playoff as much as Ohio state did last year.
Is this a beauty patent decided on who you like best or a football championship ?

Iowa put 50 on OSU. Alabama beat some 8-4 SEC teams, Mercer, and lost to the only good team on their schedule.

And Vegas you didn't answer my question. To simply say committee won't pick them is a cop put.
Yeah, neither OSU or USC deserves in. I agree. USC doesn't have a "better resume." They are clearly 3rd in the discussion.

Who did USC beat? A 4 loss team is their only solid win and they got curb stomped by an ND team who got their teeth kicked in by both Miami and Stanford. USC best a bunch of 6-6 teams and barely Western Michigan.

Noi love you USC because everybody is kissing Gama's a$$.
Its a 3rd place team and it belongs in the playoff as much as Ohio state did last year.
Is this a beauty patent decided on who you like best or a football championship ?
The committee's stated goal is to pick the 4 best teams. Being a conference champion or bent from a different region isn't supposed to matter at all.

Yeah, neither OSU or USC deserves in. I agree. USC doesn't have a "better resume." They are clearly 3rd in the discussion.

Who did USC beat? A 4 loss team is their only solid win and they got curb stomped by an ND team who got their teeth kicked in by both Miami and Stanford. USC best a bunch of 6-6 teams and barely Western Michigan.
They did beat stanford, who as you said beat ND. This point right there is why picking the 4 best teams is a lost cause. Before that game if you compared schedules you would have to take stanford because they beat ND and USC lost by 35. But USC won and most would agree are a better team. Got to go to 8, or go to the b12 and ask them to allow their teams to be folded into the other conferences. Make ND go to ACC and then you can keep your 4 team playoff with the conference champs getting in. Otherwise it needs to be 8.

Anyone who watched the USC-ND game wouldn't have to ask that question. Penn State's destruction at Michigan last year, hurt them more than the loss to Pitt. You just can't take a beating like that, especially to a less than great team.

Reactions: Jpripper88
When they compared USC to Ohio State and Alabama on there, USC easily had the best resume of the three. Interesting how they're getting no love.

Also, I find it hilarious how they mention that you have to play the teams on your schedule (when talking about Bama) and can't hold that against them, yet that's the exact same reason why UCF isn't even in the Top 10.

Reactions: VAPITTALUM

That same Mercer team almost beat Auburn earlier this year. Auburn needed a very late touchdown to put that game away.

Alabama deserves it more than either.

By far really

-Agreed. At least Wisconsin didnt make it. Well if they did, Id bet OU hangs 60+ on them. They have a resume similar to Central Florida. Most overrated team in college football history with that #3 ranking last week by walking over cupcakes and the weakest division in college football.

-But at least Wisconsin's AD isnt an idiot. He is building a team off hype beating up garbage, and their future non conference opponents, all of them are garbage, while we continue to stockpile ranked teams in our own non conference.

-Why cant Pitt get smart and be like Wisconsin.

-Lets play Kentucky Western, New Mexico, and St. Mary's next year in the non conference. Then beat up a dogshit division. This is a RB's dream team. Power run over garbage and then get selected high in the NFL draft only to fail.

Reactions: President Stache
-Agreed. At least Wisconsin didnt make it. Well if they did, Id bet OU hangs 60+ on them. They have a resume similar to Central Florida. Most overrated team in college football history with that #3 ranking last week by walking over cupcakes and the weakest division in college football.

-But at least Wisconsin's AD isnt an idiot. He is building a team off hype beating up garbage, and their future non conference opponents, all of them are garbage, while we continue to stockpile ranked teams in our own non conference.

-Lets play Kentucky Western, New Mexico, and St. Mary's next year in the non conference. Then beat up a dogshit division. This is a RB's dream team. Power run over garbage and then get selected high in the NFL draft only to fail.

Same with ped state really.

We should play Rice, Rutgers, Vanderbilt every year, go like 10-2 and tout ourselves as amazing

When they compared USC to Ohio State and Alabama on there, USC easily had the best resume of the three. Interesting how they're getting no love.

Also, I find it hilarious how they mention that you have to play the teams on your schedule (when talking about Bama) and can't hold that against them, yet that's the exact same reason why UCF isn't even in the Top 10.
USC lost to ND by 35 and struggled to beat some pretty below average Western Michigan, Texas, Utah, Cal, and UCLA teams. They only beat one team with more than 7 wins.

Same with ped state really.

We should play Rice, Rutgers, Vanderbilt every year, go like 10-2 and tout ourselves as amazing

-Im not a Penn State hater. They got ripped off last year beating Ohio State and winning the BIG. I got the most joy ever watching Ohio State getting rammed so hard by Clemson in the finals. I actually do not like this new playoff format, and will hate it more with expansion. This format was supposed to give the little guys like midmajors a chance. All its doing is giving big names like Bama and Ohio State second chances after second chance after second chance. Herbstreit homer changes his position every single season to find a way to get Ohio State in. Eye Test, Conference Champion, Regular season performance, who you beat and who you lost to, it constantly changes every year based off how it benefits his team. I am so happy Ohio State is on the sidelines and finally didnt backdoor its way in again. Sick of that shit.

-Im not a Penn State hater. They got ripped off last year beating Ohio State and winning the BIG. I got the most joy ever watching Ohio State getting rammed so hard by Clemson in the finals. I actually do not like this new playoff format, and will hate it more with expansion. This format was supposed to give the little guys like midmajors a chance. All its doing is giving big names like Bama and Ohio State second chances after second chance after second chance. Herbstreit homer changes his position every single season to find a way to get Ohio State in. Eye Test, Conference Champion, Regular season performance, who you beat and who you lost to, it constantly changes every year based off how it benefits his team. I am so happy Ohio State is on the sidelines and finally didnt backdoor its way in again. Sick of that shit.
Completely wrong. Again. Herbstreit was saying Alabama deserved to get in before and after the team's were announced.

Completely wrong. Again. Herbstreit was saying Alabama deserved to get in before and after the team's were announced.

-Really? You must have missed the ESPN show when he kept going on and on and on about Ohio State to where the other members almost told him to shut up. Ill try to link it,

That's the SMART thing to do! Instead of being stupid and "challenging yourself" playing quality opponents on the way to 7-5.

-Really? You must have missed the ESPN show when he kept going on and on and on about Ohio State to where the other members almost told him to shut up. Ill try to link it,
Yeah, you must have missed the selection show where he said "I can't with good conscience say OSU is one of the 4 best teams" after the B1G Championship game and "Alabama deserves to be in" and he would pick them over OSU but thought the committee would pick OSU for other reasons.

Yeah, you must have missed the selection show where he said "I can't with good conscience say OSU is one of the 4 best teams" after the B1G Championship game and "Alabama deserves to be in" and he would pick them over OSU but thought the committee would pick OSU for other reasons.

-22 Minute Mark where Herbstreit states his case blatantly hyping Ohio State, then gets shut down by everyone else. Then how he starts how all this and that why Ohio State and a conference title and everything else hurts Alabama..

-And yes, Bama would rape Ohio State this year.

You should have to win your conference at least division to get in the final four.

Alabama has the same resume as Wisconsin.

I’d take USC, OSU, even UCF before Alabama.
if the goal of the playoff was to not line up the four best teams in the land that may have actually made sense..

Alabama has the same resume as Wisconsin....irrelevant, in that you and I and everyone on the planet not farting cheese knows that Bama is a better team and would be a double digit favorite against them.

...you and I and everyone on the planet not farting cheese knows that Bama is a better team ..

So why play games, just have a ceremony and present Alabama with the trophy on Labor Day.

Just like when Lou Holtz would always argue for ND.

-Im so tired of Herbstreit. He changes his stance every single year. And he still hates Penn State going back to 1994 when Penn State raped his team on the field 63-10. Next year he will be talking about the eye test, or some other new metric, to get his team in the playoff. Last year conference title meant nothing to get into the playoff. Hence, Ohio State homerism. This year, conference title trumps Bama for beating a Wisconsin team that played a midmajor juco schedule. LMAO.

-The only other thing I want to know is, will Michigan ever be relevant under Harbaugh. What a waste of money in 3 years. Michigan needs to dominate, and should. Harbaugh is also a joke to this point, but, he may revive it next year. Maybe... Big Ten was slaughtered last bowl season with all that hype....

-22 Minute Mark where Herbstreit states his case blatantly hyping Ohio State, then gets shut down by everyone else. Then how he starts how all this and that why Ohio State and a conference title and everything else hurts Alabama..

-And yes, Bama would rape Ohio State this year.
Bright guy, that isn't from today. That isn't even from this year.

Holy shit that was a dumb post.

Edit: Less dumb, but still dumb. Not from today, but from last week's rankings.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT