ADVERTISEMENT

Why we will be really good this year

One reason

New Uniforms and Panther logo
PantherHead_FC_OnGold.jpg

When the national media expects us to do well, we never meet the expectation. When we are in the underdog role, we do quite well. The lack of love for this team tells me to expect a really good season. It’s the PITT way
yeah because we've had all those pre-season top 25 rankings in the past decade.

Reactions: pittdan77
Like bulked up Pickett, Kessman"s leg, Morrissey's strength and a break-out year for Tipton.
Ive been hearing this and hope these things are true but... really, how does bulking up help a QB? He might be able to shrug off a sack or two more than before, maybe more stamina, each certainly a good thing. But I've never seen much other cause to have hope "bulking up" will make a bad QB better. Now he could well play better due to experience, maturity,

And as far as Tipton, I hope it's true too but in 3 years he's not been able to escape injury, nor show all that much when he did play. So it's really blind hope. Great to have but wouldn't write a mortgage for it.

Ive been hearing this and hope these things are true but... really, how does bulking up help a QB? He might be able to shrug off a sack or two more than before, maybe more stamina, each certainly a good thing. But I've never seen much other cause to have hope "bulking up" will make a bad QB better. Now he could well play better due to experience, maturity,

And as far as Tipton, I hope it's true too but in 3 years he's not been able to escape injury, nor show all that much when he did play. So it's really blind hope. Great to have but wouldn't write a mortgage for it.

Agree on OB being bulky. If that was the case we would be calling Brady Quinn Goat and not Tom Brady and Dan Kendra would never have moved to fullback.

As far as Tipton, early in his career I felt he not just showed promise but good skills before the injury bug hit.

Reactions: #99HUGHgreen

No disrespect to Tipton and I hope he has a good season, but we have a good WR tandem in Mack and Ffrench. They both have NFL potential, Mack especially. I am not concerned about our WR group in the slightest.

I was watching the ACC medial day yesterday and I did not hear one mention of the Panthers. Now, I might have missed it, but when they were talking about recruiting and expanding the footprint Pitt was not mentioned at all. Syracuse, Miami, Va Tech, etc. It will be interesting to see

This is the year Pitt needs to take the next step.

Some of the local media have been talking about the recent verbal commits as if Narduzzi and his staff are killing it with recruiting. While it was nice to see the coaches land those solid recruits, I am not so sure “Killing it” is exactly how I would phrase it. More like “They are doing a solid job.” It’s not like Pitt has now cracked the top 25. They are ranked 31 by 24/7.

Being consistently in the top 25 in recruiting Every year would be “killing it.” Landing 4 top 300 players in a class would be killing it. I expected PN and staff to at least have landed one top 25 class by now. Especially with NFL players like Conner and Donald around to help sell the brand. I thought landing at least three or four players in the top 500 would be doable.

We ought to have high expectation for this program. That starts with a coach who can recruit at a level high enough to compete for a national championship.

How many top 500 players has Pitt landed in the past 4 years? Not too many. I am ready for PN to deliver on those higher expectation he promised when he was hired, so we fans can finally quit lowering ours.

Some of the local media have been talking about the recent verbal commits as if Narduzzi and his staff are killing it with recruiting. While it was nice to see the coaches land those solid recruits, I am not so sure “Killing it” is exactly how I would phrase it. More like “They are doing a solid job.” It’s not like Pitt has now cracked the top 25. They are ranked 31 by 24/7.

Being consistently in the top 25 in recruiting Every year would be “killing it.” Landing 4 top 300 players in a class would be killing it. I expected PN and staff to at least have landed one top 25 class by now. Especially with NFL players like Conner and Donald around to help sell the brand. I thought landing at least three or four players in the top 500 would be doable.

We ought to have high expectation for this program. That starts with a coach who can recruit at a level high enough to compete for a national championship.

How many top 500 players has Pitt landed in the past 4 years? Not too many. I am ready for PN to deliver on those higher expectation he promised when he was hired, so we fans can finally quit lowering ours.
If "we fans" would fill Heinz Field every week and make it a premier college football environment, Pat Narduzzi will deliver on "those higher expectations" and be able to sign those "top 300" players who want to play in front of a full house.

In the meantime, you'll have to settle with Coastal Division Championships earned by the level of talent that he can attract to compete in front of yellow seats.

Out of curiosity, what are your expectations?

If Pitt wins 10 games this season, I predict there will be a few frequent posters on this board that will mysteriously disappear.

That would be the best thing that could happen to PITT sports ( football & basketball).

If PITT succeeds in football and basketball I hope a lot of the glass is half empty crowd, the chronic complainers, the miserable people who want others to be miserable go away!

I'm not sure if they're actual PITT fans, the stub hub crowd, the "gypsy wagon" merchandise crowd, the people who don't come to games and when they do they leave at half time.

Buy your tickets from the authorized PITT ticket office, buy your merchandise from authorized PITT outlets, go to games and stay until the clock hits 0.0.

Mrs Buffett and I can say we have viewed 0.0 on the PITT scoreboard at every game we've attended.

Thank you real PITT fans!

Cull the herd, it'll grow back stronger and better!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT