ADVERTISEMENT

Why would any sane fan want this staff altered??

doubleAA's

Freshman
Aug 26, 2005
We have a great defensive scheme, top 10 in the country. Offensively we finally have a pass attack, and we are getting good recruiting on WR. Bates, Whipple and Narduzzi seem like the best staff in decades. I loved Wannstedt, but these guys have been great to me. I enjoy watching the game plan.

We have a great defensive scheme, top 10 in the country. Offensively we finally have a pass attack, and we are getting good recruiting on WR. Bates, Whipple and Narduzzi seem like the best staff in decades. I loved Wannstedt, but these guys have been great to me. I enjoy watching the game plan.
Are you happy with the OL and TE recruiting and development that has occurred?

Reactions: Black_Man_Panther
Are you happy with the OL and TE recruiting and development that has occurred?

OL for sure. The TE recruiting is well documented. Under our last OC we lost several big recruits because we didn’t throw to the TE. We got grad transfers though so good fall back.

Certainly happy about recruiting in general though, yes.

What's lost in addition to the game is Pitt's starting point next fall in the polls. I know it's meaningless to some but a little chest thumping is needed around here.

This season was a complete and total failure, not acceptable in year 5. At the very least you have to cut the dead weight, there’s absolutely no reason at all Tim Salem should still be our TE coach. The guy brings absolutely nothing to the table. Actually the guy has realistically probably done a lot more harm than good here.

There is no game plan. PASS PASS PASS ! NO PLAY ACTION, NO POUND THE BALL. JUST PASS PASS PASS!

I am a sane fan who wants Narduzzi removed from his position. It appears that many of the assistants (Partridge, Bates and Beatty) are really good at what they do, but they need a leader.

So - call me insane, but I want to see a change, and it starts at the top.

I agree. Also, historically, western PA has had some great O Line hs players, and that cupboard has been very bare lately. Chryst was able to hold onto Bisnowaty, get Dorian Johnson and Bookser. Narduzzi did a good job getting depth from outside Pittsburgh, but there really hasn’t been a solid OL class out of the burgh lately. This will bite us.

The area is putting out tremendous D talent though, and it seems we have the right coach at the right time for these guys. I think if we had an offensive minded coach we would lose those guys.

Reactions: superstein61a
I agree. Also, historically, western PA has had some great O Line hs players, and that cupboard has been very bare lately. Chryst was able to hold onto Bisnowaty, get Dorian Johnson and Bookser. Narduzzi did a good job getting depth from outside Pittsburgh, but there really hasn’t been a solid OL class out of the burgh lately. This will bite us.

The area is putting out tremendous D talent though, and it seems we have the right coach at the right time for these guys. I think if we had an offensive minded coach we would lose those guys.

So according to this piece of brilliance, all we need to do is wait for the WPIAL to develop some bigtime OL and then get them to Pitt.

Like Lugg , like Carmody, like Kristofic

Sure....that will solve everything.

Reactions: H2P 2003

Biz would have come up here no matter what. Johnson was going to PS until their Pedophile Scandal got exposed.

A disguised positive from our performances in the last two games may be to create pressure on Coach Duzz to make more changes.

Coaches Salem and Powell would seem to be on the hot seats to me...

Go Pitt.

A disguised positive from our performances in the last two games may be to create pressure on Coach Duzz to make more changes.

Coaches Salem and Powell would seem to be on the hot seats to me...

Go Pitt.
Hopefully we can keep the staff in place

I am a sane fan who wants Narduzzi removed from his position. It appears that many of the assistants (Partridge, Bates and Beatty) are really good at what they do, but they need a leader.

So - call me insane, but I want to see a change, and it starts at the top.

So just who do you hire that would be any better? Another Big 10 assistant? A MAC coach? Those are NOT viable options.

So just who do you hire that would be any better? Another Big 10 assistant? A MAC coach? Those are NOT viable options.

There are plenty of good, high quality coaches out there with a track record who would come to PITT but PITT isn't committed to football, and didn't pursue those coaches.

There are plenty of good, high quality young coaches out there who would come to PITT but PITT isn't committed to football and didn't pursue them.

There are plenty of average, below average, coaches out there who would come to PITT and thats what PITT hired because they're "cheap" and PITT isnt committed to football.

I still say there are some PITT academics who hate football and have been whispering in the Chancelors ear, drop football, drop football so he goes cheap each year.
Even Lyke ( what and who is Eastern Mich) was a cheap hire that has seemed to work out, but the bargain basement football coaches havent and they wontl

PITT commit to football and spend the money or its a 6-8 win program for life.

There are plenty of good, high quality coaches out there with a track record who would come to PITT but PITT isn't committed to football, and didn't pursue those coaches.

There are plenty of good, high quality young coaches out there who would come to PITT but PITT isn't committed to football and didn't pursue them.

There are plenty of average, below average, coaches out there who would come to PITT and thats what PITT hired because they're "cheap" and PITT isnt committed to football.

I still say there are some PITT academics who hate football and have been whispering in the Chancelors ear, drop football, drop football so he goes cheap each year.
Even Lyke ( what and who is Eastern Mich) was a cheap hire that has seemed to work out, but the bargain basement football coaches havent and they wontl

PITT commit to football and spend the money or its a 6-8 win program for life.

Narduzzi is tied for 6th in the ACC in salary. A few years ago they offered to make Canada the highest paid OC in the country regardless of conference. It is an outdated myth that Pitt isn't committed to football.

The resources are there, which is why the excused are wearing thin.

You keep saying Top Ten defense yet it not even ranked in the top 10 of any defensive statistical category. In the one that matter most it, points allowed it is 30th.

Points Allowed Defense 30
Rushing Defense 12
Passing Yards Allowed 21
Total Defense 11
Team Passing Efficiency Defense 14
3rd Down Conversion Pct Defense 16
4th Down Conversion Pct Defense 98
Red Zone Defense 47
First Downs Defense 23

On offense...come on. Currently ranked 115 in the country in scoring. That awesome passing attack is ranked 103 in efficiency.

Scoring Offense 115
Total Offense 95
Rushing Offense 121
Passing Offense 47
Team Passing Efficiency 103

Finally are you happy with a 7-5 record against an incredibly week schedule that only had 2 ranked teams? Is this the results you expect in year 5 of the season.

You keep saying Top Ten defense yet it not even ranked in the top 10 of any defensive statistical category. In the one that matter most it, points allowed it is 30th.

Points Allowed Defense 30
Rushing Defense 12
Passing Yards Allowed 21
Total Defense 11
Team Passing Efficiency Defense 14
3rd Down Conversion Pct Defense 16
4th Down Conversion Pct Defense 98
Red Zone Defense 47
First Downs Defense 23

On offense...come on. Currently ranked 115 in the country in scoring. That awesome passing attack is ranked 103 in efficiency.

Scoring Offense 115
Total Offense 95
Rushing Offense 121
Passing Offense 47
Team Passing Efficiency 103

Finally are you happy with a 7-5 record against an incredibly week schedule that only had 2 ranked teams? Is this the results you expect in year 5 of the season.
More accurate to say
Pitt defense- in the top quartile of college football
Pitt offense - in the bottom quartile

And leave it like that to keep it simple

I agree with this post fully. This is as close as Pitt has been to winning big since 2009. Lets show some strong leadership and stay the course.

Reactions: TD_6082
I agree with this post fully. This is as close as Pitt has been to winning big since 2009. Lets show some strong leadership and stay the course.

Agreed!
Except the slow start fine, the really good middle and the collapse at the end of the season was not good.
This is a bad sign.

I agree Stay the Course but Lyke has to give PN some milestones and metrics.

If next season is similar to this year IMO PN should be looking for a new job.

whitetail-deer-head-taxidermy-mount-_13960-for-sale-at-the-taxidermy-store.jpg

No. Break the bank and hire an excellent coach, just the same way you break the bank to hire away an excellent professor.

Nope

both are tied together

the offensive staff sucks at recruiting and development - as a result -
Our offense is inept

In college you are responsible for both

Not really. Offense is inept because of the lack of talent. When you have 2-star freshman WR's out there playing... you have a problem. Dropped passes and fumbles just don't happen. With the reduced practice time nowadays, these low-talent freshman don't have any business playing. Unless... like in the case of Pitt, you have neglected recruiting any decent WR's the past 3 years.

Great post, it’s nuts to change now. 2 weeks ago this board was going apeshit in happiness. Just relax. Resist the trolls

Reactions: doubleAA's
Greg Schiano would be perfect here i still feel. Too bad no one had enough vision to bring him in

Not really. Offense is inept because of the lack of talent. When you have 2-star freshman WR's out there playing... you have a problem. Dropped passes and fumbles just don't happen. With the reduced practice time nowadays, these low-talent freshman don't have any business playing. Unless... like in the case of Pitt, you have neglected recruiting any decent WR's the past 3 years.

so -
I’ll ask again -
Who is accountable for the talent on the roster

Great post, it’s nuts to change now. 2 weeks ago this board was going apeshit in happiness. Just relax. Resist the trolls

lol. Troll, because in year 5 the offense is horrific, and we went 4-4 against a terrible conference schedule? Our overall SOS is in the 50’s because of PSU and UCF...that should tell you how awful the ACC schedule was.

But yeah, we are trolls because we think Narduzzi is doing a garbage job and is sliding the program backwards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT