ADVERTISEMENT

Will This Be Lance White’s Last Chance?

mike412

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Santa Monica, CA
Pitt Women’s BB has 4 recruits coming in for next season, 3 freshmen (eat your heart out Jeff Capel) and one transfer, from tOSU.

The tOSU transfer was a top 50 player coming out of HS but didn’t make much if an impact during her frosh season. Two of the incoming frosh decommitted from WVU, which has been a top 25 program recently, and the third is a highly-touted local player. Supposedly. White is looking to sign one more PF/C type ftom the transfer portal.

Nothing has helped turn it around for The women’s program in White’s 4 years at Pitt. This past season, despite a more veteran roster, was the same type of uncontrolled play and poor results that we witnessed in earlier years.

I would think the 2022-23 team will have to show a significant improvement for him to retain his job. Agree? Disagree?

Pitt Women’s BB has 4 recruits coming in for next season, 3 freshmen (eat your heart out Jeff Capel) and one transfer, from tOSU.

The tOSU transfer was a top 50 player coming out of HS but didn’t make much if an impact during her frosh season. Two of the incoming frosh decommitted from WVU, which has been a top 25 program recently, and the third is a highly-touted local player. Supposedly. White is looking to sign one more PF/C type ftom the transfer portal.

Nothing has helped turn it around for The women’s program in White’s 4 years at Pitt. This past season, despite a more veteran roster, was the same type of uncontrolled play and poor results that we witnessed in earlier years.

I would think the 2022-23 team will have to show a significant improvement for him to retain his job. Agree? Disagree?
Agree.

I do think if he plays the newcomers his chances of success will improve, inexperienced though they be.

yeah he's been disappoint. same with the new softball coach. I'm a huge heather fan but two big whiffs there.

white at least made sense at the time but I'm still a big believer in hiring a successful head coach at a lower level. there are always plenty of good options.

Reactions: A.Donald
yeah he's been disappoint. same with the new softball coach. I'm a huge heather fan but two big whiffs there.

white at least made sense at the time but I'm still a big believer in hiring a successful head coach at a lower level. there are always plenty of good options.
White, Capel, Hermanek

Again, tell me what Heather has done?

Reactions: A.Donald
White, Capel, Hermanek

Again, tell me what Heather has done?

she believed in PN when few did. she kept VB going and improving. she improved wresting. she got the biggest capital upgrade funded and approved since the Pete. she got us in the top 10 of the director's cup this past fall, which I can't remember us finishing any higher than 50, ever. she has multiple olympic sports relevant, nationally, for the first time ever.

Capel sucks. we all were wrong, including her. the Capel updated contact is a massive albatross on her legacy and I'm happy to admit that.

she believed in PN when few did. she kept VB going and improving. she improved wresting. she got the biggest capital upgrade funded and approved since the Pete. she got us in the top 10 of the director's cup this past fall, which I can't remember us finishing any higher than 50, ever. she has multiple olympic sports relevant, nationally, for the first time ever.

Capel sucks. we all were wrong, including her. the Capel updated contact is a massive albatross on her legacy and I'm happy to admit that.
- She kept other people's hires happy in volleyball and MSOC. Good I guess but its A LOT easier to keep elite coaches happy than to hire elite coaches.

- Wrestling, I dont pay much attention to but they seem at Stottlemyer level. And the 3 sports we mentioned lose money and have very small fanbases in comparison to football and basketball

- Maybe she spent too much on The Pete. Nobody goes to games. We get no recruits. And we dont win. And ticket prices are NBA level. Heck, I got upper deck seats to the Cavs play in game for $30. You cant get a Pitt/BC Tuesday 9PM game ticket that cheap. Its insane how expensive Pitt basketball tickets are for games attended by 800-900 people

Reactions: Chaos
Once again, they finished the season ranked higher last year than any season in 50 years.

But hey, what use are facts when they contradict your opinion, right?
And nobody cares because wrestling doesn't matter. Football, Men's basketball, and then make sure the other teams have a locker room and uniforms.

• Wow
Reactions: jctrack
And nobody cares because wrestling doesn't matter. Football, Men's basketball, and then make sure the other teams have a locker room and uniforms.
Pitt wrestling is currently much more exciting to watch than Pitt hoops, and this is from a former hoops season ticket holder(since the Pete opened, stopped this year). I didn't even understand wrestling, but started to watch it during Stallings era and am now hooked. Cole Matthews and Nino Bonnacorsi are so fun to watch. I'd like to see the team get over the hump and become a perennial top 10 program. They've been improving every year. H2P

Pitt wrestling is currently much more exciting to watch than Pitt hoops, and this is from a former hoops season ticket holder(since the Pete opened, stopped this year). I didn't even understand wrestling, but started to watch it during Stallings era and am now hooked. Cole Matthews and Nino Bonnacorsi are so fun to watch. I'd like to see the team get over the hump and become a perennial top 10 program. They've been improving every year. H2P
To you but they have very few fans and are never on TV because no one cares and this is despite being good. Its a non-revenue sport that no one cares about. I hate to be the one to tell you that but its true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT