ADVERTISEMENT

Winfree

Am I missing something? Has he decommitted and flipped to UC or is most in this thread just overreacting???

Well, don't understand that one? Why UC, and so late in the game? Oh well,hopefully they replace that this opening with quality, which it appears it should be. But with this and apparently the "troubled soul", Salomon not coming, our deep but proven and not really explosive WR corps could have used one of these two.

Well winfree told a Colorado recruiting site he is solid with Pitt so.if true then Vuk needs reeled in a bit

It really is tooo much to stay on this. Busy this weekend and haven't looked at the board until tonight and allegedly kids visiting other schools, then they aren't, then flips to and then no flips going both to and from Pitt and then not. As bb2 has been saying, you just watch for entertainment and hopes it turns out good on 2/3!

With this staff I believe it will, even if Pitt losses a few along the way, IMO they will have someone of quality to replace them with.

Winfree still has Pitt on his twitter too... not saying he will sign with Pitt but he certainly hasn't verballed elsewhere just yet

Well they're pretty much in the same class. It's not like CU is West Virginia.
Yeah I don't wanna make it seem like they're that bad of a university. But Pitt is a top notch academic university and a much better football program. Colorado may win 12 games the next 4 years total.

Yeah I don't wanna make it seem like they're that bad of a university. But Pitt is a top notch academic university and a much better football program. Colorado may win 12 games the next 4 years total.
A big difference in geography ( Pitt vs CU) and culture. Kind of a strange U switch.

I would love to add a big, super-athletic WR with 4* ability to a unit in desperate search of a starter or two, but if he does flip we shouldn't be terribly worried about it. He had some off-the-field issues, and the range of future manifestations of those in college transfers is really wide. Not only that, he wasn't exactly a super-star at the CC he was just at (3rd on his team in receptions, yards, and recTD's in a pass-happy offense -- the 2 receivers who out-performed him are far lesser prospects).

I'd prefer to get Winfree's signature and hope he could add value to Pitt's receiving corps, but he's hardly our only hope of minimizing Boyd's departure.

I would love to add a big, super-athletic WR with 4* ability to a unit in desperate search of a starter or two, but if he does flip we shouldn't be terribly worried about it.
Sounds like it's a done deal already. Winfree to Colorado.

last night you said you said good riddance to the pot smoker. which is it, do you want him or not?

What?? I have no idea if he is a pot smoker, I was referring to another post jokingly. If he wants to come to Pitt of course I'd like like and if not I'll quickly forget about him. Males no difference in my life.

Legal weed state and huge party school.
Well weed maybe but things like DUI as a result of pot isn't legal.
Lot's of young people are messing up their life confusing the two.
DUI due to weed is just like DUI due to alcohol. A big problem!
Plus when they have to have a drug & alcohol test for a job or to participate in sports etc. Oopps more confusion/more screwing up!

Good grief. Between this thread and your Scout board -- I have to say its absolutely shocking reading your guys takes on CU. To respond to some of the comments here.

• Boulder, CO is consistently rated as one of the best college towns in the country. Top 50 College Towns- CU Boulder #1 LINK
  • While our USNWR ranking sucks - most others have CU quite competitive. Our ARWU ranking has CU 34th in the world and 26th in the US. CU is an AAU school and a "public ivy". Most rankings have CU a solid 6th in the PAC 12 behind Stanford, Cal, UCLA, Washington and most recently USC.
  • Our program has no doubt had a decent run of suck lately. We had a couple bad hires back to back after our Big 12 Championship and 4 of 5 North Championships from 01-05. Dan Hawkins ended up being a fraud and we made a former Buff hire to clean up Hawkins mess. Even after all that suck, CU is still top 25 in all time wins and top 30 in winning percentage. We can get back and will get back - playing in arguably the second deepest conference.
  • CU just completed a 180 million dollar athletics facility + IPF. We've neglected our facilities for a while, now we can stack up with pretty much any program in the country.
  • Marijuana may be legal in Colorado, but it sure as hell isn't legal on CU's campus. And our players are tested just the same as every other University. If anything, it makes it harder on the athletes to stay away. Its not a selling point.
I understand taking rips at CU's recent lack of success and we aren't a blue blood -- but CU is more than capable of getting back to where we were.

Boulder CO
oPvIIMg.jpg

YhzWY73.jpg

Thing I've never understood about the state-named universities that used to be members of the defunct Big Eight conference (I spent a couple of years in my mid-20s out in Pure Prairie League territory): Why, if they are named the University of Missouri, University of Kansas, University of Oklahoma, University of Nebraska, and University of Colorado, do they all abbreviate themselves MU (rather than UM), KU (rather than UK), OU (rather than UO) NU (rather than UN), and CU (rather than UC)?

Last edited:
No one knows. It's just a big 8 thing. Only answer I've seen it was just a casual saying and it stuck. They tried changing in the 50s, but it just made people that much more passionate keeping it as it was.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
The answer is because older schools from back east were known as the university of kentucky...or michigan...as UK or UM. To differentiate from older existing universities .....Kansas is KU....Missouri MU.....

OF course....the university of texas. ...arrogant picks that they are.....refused this...even though Tennessee was already known as UT.

No question Bolder is beautiful place. Not necessarily a better college setting. That truly is debatable. Pittsburgh has quite a bit to offer a college kid that Bolder does not.

I don't get how some posters on here make comments that make Pitt sound less attractive to potential recruits (who may be reading these posts) than than other universities those recruits are considering.

We should be spelling out all of the reasons Pitt might be a better choice for recruits- not bringing up reasons why they might want to think about going somewhere else.

Recruits who want to go to a college where they can learn from a great coach who really cares about his players, in a town that offers quite a lot... Pitt is it!
You can be a fan and still be realistic and honest. Otherwise you are a cult homer.

No one knows. It's just a big 8 thing. Only answer I've seen it was just a casual saying and it stuck. They tried changing in the 50s, but it just made people that much more passionate keeping it as it was.
It was not just Colorado that left, A&M, Missouri, and Nebraska too and why WVU & TCU were chosen to replace them just to make the Big-12 the Big Ten, but both names no longer apply?

As I always look at Recruits, if Pitt wanted Winfree and now Colorado got him, he was good yesterday and will be good today and must prove it tomorrow based on where and when he can play right away to prove it? Just Like Pitt's' Matthews and that came from Penn State, or Darien that flipped to Penn State from Temple?

Smart Recruits go where they play faster and needed right away, and CFB University Programs that offer that is Ok with me, if that recruit switches! If Pitt wanted him yesterday he is just good today?

doesnt look like he's 100% solid with Pitt

Update: Coffeyville WR Juwann Winfree told me "I think I will stay solid" with Pitt, but I'm told the #cubuffs are not out of the running
I think she will finally nail it with "Weight Watchers"...my fingers are crossed.

doesnt look like he's 100% solid with Pitt

Update: Coffeyville WR Juwann Winfree told me "I think I will stay solid" with Pitt, but I'm told the #cubuffs are not out of the running
Quickly ran through Colorado and Memphis commitment lists so far Winfred is not on either, I just wonder if he signs with ????

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT