ADVERTISEMENT

Winfree

Pitt1992

Freshman
Jan 17, 2016
doesnt look like he's 100% solid with Pitt

Update: Coffeyville WR Juwann Winfree told me "I think I will stay solid" with Pitt, but I'm told the #cubuffs are not out of the running

doesnt look like he's 100% solid with Pitt

Update: Coffeyville WR Juwann Winfree told me "I think I will stay solid" with Pitt, but I'm told the #cubuffs are not out of the running
that would hurt. We need him, and he would step right itnto a starting WR spot. I wouldn't be surprised if one of our staff was on an airplane headed his way right now. .

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
No one from the Pitt writers even knew he took an official their this past weekend,I wonder if the coaching staff knew

The Colorado Buffaoles? Seriously?
I mean, you know those 6-6 seasons of mediocrity we had for about five years? Colorado would kill to have that stretch.

Reactions: WNYPanther
You're talking about a kid who previously chose Maryland. I mean, who the hell would want to play football there?
Hah.
But hell, Maryland has been far more relevant than Colorado. The Buffs haven't won more than six games in a season since 2005.
In that span, they have lost 10+ games four times.

I dont know, if i was a 4 star kid in CC now and looking for a place to go to and I verbal and they are still looking at other 4 star WR, you better believe I would be looking as well.

I say he is Pitt bound if we dont land another WR, and if we do... I would think he is gone. That is what I was saying before. We have 3 good WR coming in, we dont need a fourth unless you know one will be gone

I dont know, if i was a 4 star kid in CC now and looking for a place to go to and I verbal and they are still looking at other 4 star WR, you better believe I would be looking as well.

I say he is Pitt bound if we dont land another WR, and if we do... I would think he is gone. That is what I was saying before. We have 3 good WR coming in, we dont need a fourth unless you know one will be gone
I agree, I think we are good with Wrs now, another one means Ffrench is playing De or they are not confident they are landing these guys..

ffrench is more likely a slot receiver. a little smaller with great speed and moves. don't see another big receiver would hurt his value on the roster

We have Flowers too, big receiver, 4 star. Why would we need another big receiver in this class? I mean, I am all for making our average stars look good and all, but from a distance, I say we have our class, and that is that as far as wideouts go.

A free trip to another University is never a bad thing, and one enjoys most Visits no matter where they go? Maybe this why the coaches never give up on looking at other players too! I'll leave that kind of speculation to Experts on Recruiting on the Lair!

I'll trust Coach Pat & Staff to judge it and deal with it. All I am confident is if any Recruits or players wants to play right away and learn the Game, come to Pitt and get some best Coaching to do it at Pitt!

If you can get 3 (4) star receivers, you do it.

Yeah, no kidding. I am not saying that. I am saying, even if you are looking to get a third, you better expect the other 2 to start to wonder "wtf" and you may lose one or both.

I just think sometimes it is better to know you did well, and not rock the boat on it. I think you go get a 4 year kid before a cc kid, just for growth in your system, but again, if you do that, expect the other kids to look around as well.

football-stadium-colorado-061009-lw.jpg

"JokePa, post: 856968, member: 26795"]Yeah, no kidding. I am not saying that. I am saying, even if you are looking to get a third, you better expect the other 2 to start to wonder "wtf" and you may lose one or both.

I just think sometimes it is better to know you did well, and not rock the boat on it. I think you go get a 4 year kid before a cc kid, just for growth in your system, but again, if you do that, expect the other kids to look around as well.
All Good Points, what I know and have seen, the Best Recruits are those that study where they want to go, then look at other places that maybe will make them even better, but once they decide, they just Focus on staying where they have chosen no matter what offers come up later.

After that, they are focused on just making themselves better players and do whatever the coach Teaches and Listen to make it happen with few to none off field problems and just study to be better players.

Hmmnnnnn, I say this by recalling some Recruits by example once they decided....Fitzgerald, Revis, McCoy, Lewis, Donald, Conner, and Boyd come to mind!!!!

All took sometime to decide and all stayed with Pitt! Once they committed, they focused on being what their Coaches were teaching!

I'll take that any day then not knowing where to go or taking too much time? Pitt's New Recruit "QB MacVitt" went to LSU but knew Pitt was it, and ended it!

At some point, just focus on becoming a better Football Player at a Program that shows they need you. As well as, where you will play you right a way, if you show them you are committed to being a Player that wants to help win on the Team!!!!

One can Born WINfree, but look to Commit with Pitt's "MacVitt" to make Pitt Is It, and come together, because WINS don't come Free!

It is the best path to be successful in College Football and NFL too! Oh, I forgot, they all chose PITT IS IT!

Last edited:
The top juco recruiting expert has it going 50/50 but trending to Colorado since his trance just committed to Colorado

We have Flowers too, big receiver, 4 star. Why would we need another big receiver in this class? I mean, I am all for making our average stars look good and all, but from a distance, I say we have our class, and that is that as far as wideouts go.
It's pretty simple. Winfree will be a plug and play receiver with 2 years of college football under his belt. Flowers will be a true freshman and unlikely to be physically or mentally ready to step in and contribute. If Wimfree comes to Pitt and puts in the work he's instantly our #1 WR this season.

That would be humiliating if a kid flipped to Colorado. They are so far behind the times in college athletics.

What if, God forbid, it's more than just football for some kids?
A reason why I would never rag on a kid for whatever he decides to do. If he likes the weather or whatever in Boulder that's up to him, he's free to do what he wants. But seriously, is there anything at all that Colorado has an advantage in over the University of Pittsburgh?

Didn't Pitt bring in a juco WR last year? Lopes or Lopez?
Winfrey started at Maryland as a freshman. He was only a JUCO because he had to sit a year when he left. Lopes is a true JUCO, a guy who didn't have many college football options when he came out of HS.
A reason why I would never rag on a kid for whatever he decides to do. If he likes the weather or whatever in Boulder that's up to him, he's free to do what he wants. But seriously, is there anything at all that Colorado has an advantage in over the University of Pittsburgh?
It's a very good school in an absolutely beautiful setting. Something tells me Winfree isn't so interested in the outdoor recreation opportunities it offers.

Pitt is a better school in a more beautiful location
Pitt is a better school. Also a better football situation. The locations are in the eyes of the beholder. Pretty sure most D1 football players aren't picking a school based on surrounding natural beauty. If that was the case, programs like Colorado and BYU would be on par with Alabama.

More beautiful than boulder,co??
Get the hell out of here.

Ive been there... beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I love Pittsburgh it's where I'm from, sorry for offending you. I still think going through the tunnel is the best site of any of the 34 countries and 46 states I've been to!!

No question Bolder is beautiful place. Not necessarily a better college setting. That truly is debatable. Pittsburgh has quite a bit to offer a college kid that Bolder does not.

I don't get how some posters on here make comments that make Pitt sound less attractive to potential recruits (who may be reading these posts) than than other universities those recruits are considering.

We should be spelling out all of the reasons Pitt might be a better choice for recruits- not bringing up reasons why they might want to think about going somewhere else.

Recruits who want to go to a college where they can learn from a great coach who really cares about his players, in a town that offers quite a lot... Pitt is it!

Ive been there... beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I love Pittsburgh it's where I'm from, sorry for offending you. I still think going through the tunnel is the best site of any of the 34 countries and 46 states I've been to!!
No question Bolder is beautiful place. Not necessarily a better college setting. That truly is debatable. Pittsburgh has quite a bit to offer a college kid that Bolder does not.

I don't get how some posters on here make comments that make Pitt sound less attractive to potential recruits (who may be reading these posts) than than other universities those recruits are considering.

We should be spelling out all of the reasons Pitt might be a better choice for recruits- not bringing up reasons why they might want to think about going somewhere else.

Recruits who want to go to a college where they can learn from a great coach who really cares about his players, in a town that offers quite a lot... Pitt is it!
no kid is using a free anonymous forum, which isn't affiliated with Pitt At all, to make their decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT