ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin Recruiting

poconopanther

Redshirt
Jul 5, 2001
Who is the closer there-they already have eight commits for next class including four three four stars.But then again it’s a lot easier sell when you have 33 wins and major bowl games over the last three years. Maybe one year a Pitt football team wil overachieve and make it easier to sell some prospects that the program is on the rise! I think it is but we need wins and not lossses to beatable teams like Syracuse . North Carolina and that one trick pony Georgia Tech among others .

Reactions: daminals76
Who is the closer there-they already have eight commits for next class including four three four stars.But then again it’s a lot easier sell when you have 33 wins and major bowl games over the last three years. Maybe one year a Pitt football team wil overachieve and make it easier to sell some prospects that the program is on the rise! I think it is but we need wins and not lossses to beatable teams like Syracuse . North Carolina and that one trick pony Georgia Tech among others .
That should read three four stars.

I know you are talking about last year when we lost to all 3 of those teams. But Pitt has beaten Syracuse 11 of the last 13 and we've beaten Georgia Tech 2 of the last 3. UNC--ok, I'll give you that one.

I know the inevitable "but their easy schedule!" thing will come up. True. But to their credit, they have won 4 bowls in a row too -- Auburn, USC, Western Michigan, and Miami(fl). When is the last time Pitt won 4 bowls in row? I am going to assume the answer is "never."

I know the inevitable "but their easy schedule!" thing will come up. True. But to their credit, they have won 4 bowls in a row too -- Auburn, USC, Western Michigan, and Miami(fl). When is the last time Pitt won 4 bowls in row? I am going to assume the answer is "never."
Most bowls Pitt has won in a row has been 3, the current streak is 5 losses in their last 6 bowl games (Bowling Green being the only win).

I know you are talking about last year when we lost to all 3 of those teams. But Pitt has beaten Syracuse 11 of the last 13 and we've beaten Georgia Tech 2 of the last 3. UNC--ok, I'll give you that one.

Also have wins over Clemson and Miami.

It's easier to bring kids to a college town where you fill the stadium with 80K every week.

That is one of the key factors.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
6 of the 8 are white. Wisky and Stanford are the whitest P5 teams by a wide margin. The closer is that white kids like to go play at Wisconsin.

You've researched this? OK, the first part of that isn't that difficult to verify, but it would be astonishing if you've actually looked into the second part, and can even come up with anecdotal evidence to validate the third part.

Reactions: Shendojoe
Also have wins over Clemson and Miami.

It's easier to bring kids to a college town where you fill the stadium with 80K every week.

That is one of the key factors.

Its the biggest factor.

For school like Pitt or Wisky with no major recruiting backyard ( Miami and USC apologists get lost), if you cant fill your stadium you wont land enough talent to elevate the program.

Look at Pitt since we moved to HF and where we are today.

You've researched this? OK, the first part of that isn't that difficult to verify, but it would be astonishing if you've actually looked into the second part, and can even come up with anecdotal evidence to validate the third part.

I did look up the 1st part because it was a hunch based on the fact that I watch football. The Rose Bowl a few years ago was astounding. It was a whiteout.

As for the third part, I don't know why Wisconsin attracts a higher proportion of white kids from across the country. But they do.

Pitt was 20-26 in the 4 years prior to moving to HZ Field. If you go back further it gets worse. I'm not following your point.

Wisconsin's start to recruiting is very good but they typically start fast and end up outside the top 40. Last year they were also in the top 15 early on then faded.

Its the biggest factor.

For school like Pitt or Wisky with no major recruiting backyard ( Miami and USC apologists get lost), if you cant fill your stadium you wont land enough talent to elevate the program.

Look at Pitt since we moved to HF and where we are today.

Reactions: ThePanthers
I have spent considerable time in WI (including Madison). Without looking it up, the football team is probably proportionally over representative of minorities on the campus. You simply don't see minorities there very often.

Pitt was 20-26 in the 4 years prior to moving to HZ Field. If you go back further it gets worse.

Wisconsin start to recruiting is very good but they typically start fast and end up outside the top 40. Last year they were also in the top 15 early on then faded.
HZis not the problem the problem is the coaching blunders...at least for starters.

(btw Joey David is tied for 6th as favorite all-time Pitt BB player.....)

Pitt was 20-26 in the 4 years prior to moving to HZ Field. If you go back further it gets worse. I'm not following your point.

Wisconsin's start to recruiting is very good but they typically start fast and end up outside the top 40. Last year they were also in the top 15 early on then faded.

He doesn't have a point in regards to the move to HF. It is nonsense just like the majority of the obsessed on campus supporters. This program has a 100 bigger issues than HF.

I didn't bother to look but I'd bet the vast majority of those early eight are from Wisconsin or they've "dreamed" of playing there and jumped at the offer.
Wrong. Take a look at Wisky's last two classes. 5 players from Michigan alone last year.

There aren't enough P5 level football players in that state for Wisconsin to field the kind of team it does every year.

UW typically recruits the local Midwest states pretty well with a few secondary kids from FL, TX and CA.

I didn't bother to look but I'd bet the vast majority of those early eight are from Wisconsin or they've "dreamed" of playing there and jumped at the offer.

I'm on the outside looking in at the Pitt program but I don't see charisma in Narduzzi.I see him as being about the same as Wvu's Holgersen in the charisma department.This doesn't get you enough 4* to become top tier in either conference.What do you guys see in Narduzzi that's screams charisma?

- #20 overall player on Rivals that is an OT from Michigan. Offers from Alabama, Michigan, OSU, PSU, etc...
- 4 star QB from Kansas with offers from Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, OSU, etc...
- 4 star TE from Pennsylvania with 13 P5 offers
- 3 star WR from North Carolina that is committed to play in the US Army All-American bowl
- 3 star S from Maryland with 9 P5 offers, including OSU
- 3 star OL from Indiana with 4 P5 offers

The 3 stars listed are all 4 stars on TOS

Reactions: Iliketrees
Um, he walked into an established, stable program. Chryst was doomed to forever be a .500 or so coach at Pitt because he didn't have the charisma to sell the program. In Nard Dog We Trust.
The 0.500 or so results of nard dog concern me, with the worst in year 3- as our talent on offense regresses

Wisconsin recruits decent. They however have a low turnover rate and keep recruits in the program. It helps with Ol and defense. The QB has never been very good and the skill people have been marginal at WR and good at TE and they do a good job at RB. They give anyone a game, but you see all things being equal, they don't have the elite talent needed to win those games.

I'm on the outside looking in at the Pitt program but I don't see charisma in Narduzzi.I see him as being about the same as Wvu's Holgersen in the charisma department.This doesn't get you enough 4* to become top tier in either conference.What do you guys see in Narduzzi that's screams charisma?

I definitely wouldn't say "charisma". He has a lot of energy and passion and willingness to promote the program though.

I think this is just a small sample size.
Wisconsin isn't really a "team on the rise," they had a typical Wisky year last year. So it's difficult to argue, "They are selling last year's breakout season."
It's great that Wisky has a few early 4* commits, but how many do you think they end up with? Having two 4* guys they early is great. But are you going to end up with three or four total come February?
I think this is probably them just landing their 4* guys early, but they aren't going to end up with a bunch of them. They will probably have the typical Wisconsin class, with maybe a little bit of a spike that can be contributed to this just being that kind of year.

I think this is just a small sample size.
Wisconsin isn't really a "team on the rise," they had a typical Wisky year last year. So it's difficult to argue, "They are selling last year's breakout season."
It's great that Wisky has a few early 4* commits, but how many do you think they end up with? Having two 4* guys they early is great. But are you going to end up with three or four total come February?
I think this is probably them just landing their 4* guys early, but they aren't going to end up with a bunch of them. They will probably have the typical Wisconsin class, with maybe a little bit of a spike that can be contributed to this just being that kind of year.
One of the top insiders in the midwest, Wiltfong, currently has predictions for Wisconsin to land 3 more uncommitted 4 stars. We’ll see how things progress in the coming months

Wisconsin's not a fluke. Chryst is not a poor coach, nor a poor recruiter, nor a cardboard stand-in for Alvarez. That program is going to keep on doing what it is doing.

Reactions: brickfhouse
- #20 overall player on Rivals that is an OT from Michigan. Offers from Alabama, Michigan, OSU, PSU, etc...
- 4 star QB from Kansas with offers from Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, OSU, etc...
- 4 star TE from Pennsylvania with 13 P5 offers
- 3 star WR from North Carolina that is committed to play in the US Army All-American bowl
- 3 star S from Maryland with 9 P5 offers, including OSU
- 3 star OL from Indiana with 4 P5 offers

The 3 stars listed are all 4 stars on TOS

Since you're new here, can you quantify how many of those offers for each player were "committable"?

Reactions: joeydavid
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT