ADVERTISEMENT

World Cup should be every 3 years

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Year 1 World Cup
Year 2 Continental tournaments
Year 3 multiple less popular World Cups (women's, Club, age groups)
Year 4 World Cup

Every 2 is too many. Every 4 isnt enough. Every summer you have major international soccer

It takes four years to get through all of the qualifying. Has FIFA yet determined if Mexico, Canada, and US will all get auto bids for 2026? First time for three host countries. I believe Japan/Korea were both automatically in for 2002

Every three years seems to be a decent landing spot. Four seems too long. This isn‘t the Olympics. I don’t believe they have officially determined if all three qualify but they are adding more spots so it would seem a pretty easy decision to say all three do.

It takes four years to get through all of the qualifying. Has FIFA yet determined if Mexico, Canada, and US will all get auto bids for 2026? First time for three host countries. I believe Japan/Korea were both automatically in for 2002
Yes it was announced by FIFA this summer that all three hosts will receive auto bids. CONCACAF will have 6 total slots, meaning only 3 will be available during the next qualification cycle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT