ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Pitt football post of the year

Chairman Moe

All Conference
Nov 4, 2003
Just around the corner from Paradise
I'll throw my hat in the ring ... I must've been drunk (or stoned) when I commented (after the Wofford game) that our 2023 team would be "an offense by committee" (or some such nonsense). As if to think that any offensive player used would be a "plug 'n' play" type of guy. Boy was I wrong and for that, I'll offer that post as one of the worst of the year ...

Other thoughts and comments about the worst 2023 Pitt Football Board post so far?

Tag, you're it ...

I wouldn’t crap too much on the prediction posts. I didn’t post anything regarding that but I’d have been wrong too. My guess would have been 7-8 wins.

The runaway winner for me, with nothing even a close second, is the

PITT has improved since the year began

thread posted last week.
Well, considering that post was done by a troll (who has been trolling these sites under various names for 20 some years), I think he would take that as a compliment.

• Angry
Reactions: jivecat
Yeah, I wasn't expecting 9-10-11 wins, but I was guessing more around 7 or 8. But man, teh fall off has been bad this year. Frustrating.

I wouldn’t crap too much on the prediction posts. I didn’t post anything regarding that but I’d have been wrong too. My guess would have been 7-8 wins.

The runaway winner for me, with nothing even a close second, is the

PITT has improved since the year began

thread posted last week.
Yeah....I missed the mark on that one....by a lot. You can't blame me for being a positive fan.

my prediction post was a rough start but the light bulb would come on for Phil against ND and he would seek revenge with a big road win, leading to an 8-4 finish.

Second worse post (not this year as the OP asked for but worth mentioning) was when Phil signed with ND/Canada left for LSU in the span of a few weeks and I lamented these were the types of individuals you needed to win ACC championships.

• Haha
Reactions: jivecat
Well, considering that post was done by a troll (who has been trolling these sites under various names for 20 some years), I think he would take that as a compliment.
I do believe he trolls but isn’t necessarily a troll.

In this case I believe it wasn’t trolling. Figured it was what he said below. Being a fan. And this wasn’t hindsight for me. I laughed at it then. But it’s common for fans. It is a Pitt board so there will be lots of people who fall prey to a bit (or a lot) of homerism.

From back in August…
Record: 9-3. Game-by-game predictions:

1. vs Wofford: W
2. vs Cincinnati: W
3. at WVU: W
4. vs UNC: L
5. at Virginia Tech: W
6. vs Louisville: W
7. at Wake Forest: W
8. at Notre Dame: L
9. vs Florida State: L
10. at Syracuse: W
11. at Boston College: W
12. vs Duke: W

We lose a lot of starters from last season and I’m not sure what the QB play will look like. With that being said, the schedule shapes up pretty nicely for us. Not sure if that’ll be good enough to make the ACC Championship, nor will I try to speculate on a bowl game outcome. I also wouldn’t be surprised if we flip one of those losses with a team we’ll be favored against.
tenor.gif

I made the bold prediction about playing in ACC title game. I was half right in how bad the ACC was and awfully wrong that making a switch to CV would save the season.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
And by the way, so as not to appear as pointing fingers, I had one years ago that would have qualified for dumb post of the year voting. Easily. Possible winner.

Not gonna say what it was haha, just trust me.

I was a pretty harsh critic of the staffs recruiting using the 20 wins in 2 years thing. Mainly because that should be the expectation, not the focal point of recruiting efforts. I remember taking some heat for my criticism. I’ll be a harsher critic if I see 22 wins in 3 years recruiting material.

I was a pretty harsh critic of the staffs recruiting using the 20 wins in 2 years thing. Mainly because that should be the expectation, not the focal point of recruiting efforts. I remember taking some heat for my criticism. I’ll be a harsher critic if I see 22 wins in 3 years recruiting material.
I felt the same way. But it seems Washington was able to capitalize on their run 4 years ago. Pitt, wake, Tcu, Cincy, back to earth.

Mostly the same people predict 10+ wins every year. So they're 2 for their last 42 if they've been doing it long enough. I don't even consider those posts as being bad anymore, because I know they're coming and have been mostly desensitized to them.

I made the bold prediction about playing in ACC title game. I was half right in how bad the ACC was and awfully wrong that making a switch to CV would save the season.
Why does the ACC stink? They are 8-5 versus the Power 5 if you throw our crappy team out. The Big Pretend, for example, has only two teams with a pulse.

ACCBIG 12BIG TENPAC12SECTOTAL
ACC-0-24-3x4-28-7
BIG 122-0-1-21-32-16-6
BIG TEN3-42-1-0-3x5-8
PAC 12x3-13-0-1-27-3
SEC2-41-2x2-1-5-7

After the Wofford game I remember saying that Jurkovic did some things pretty well....move in the pocket, decide when to take off and that he would progress the more he played again.

After the Wofford game I remember saying that Jurkovic did some things pretty well....move in the pocket, decide when to take off and that he would progress the more he played again.
That was kind of my feeling in the worst post I made.

But in hindsight, I could have reflected back to the spring game this year. For those who recall, Jurkovec (and the first string offense) played vs the second string defense, and really didn't light up the board or show any real "splash". Veilleux (and the second string offense) played against the first string defense and had good success. This should've been the harbinger of things to come. Anemic first string "O" and anemic first string "D". It played itself out during this season ...

I'll throw my hat in the ring ... I must've been drunk (or stoned) when I commented (after the Wofford game) that our 2023 team would be "an offense by committee" (or some such nonsense). As if to think that any offensive player used would be a "plug 'n' play" type of guy. Boy was I wrong and for that, I'll offer that post as one of the worst of the year ...

Other thoughts and comments about the worst 2023 Pitt Football Board post so far?

Tag, you're it ...
You ****in% supposed fans are nothing more than Homers .
You've shown your true colors this weekend when our team needed it most ...
&uck you all .... H2P ...

Ok . So I had a few Chardonnays yesterday ... o_O

Tag, you're it ...
If your post is the worst, then you've got plenty of company. I didn't predict that they'd be "world beaters", but I sure didn't think that we'd be looking at a 2-3 win season either.

What's weird is that in the preseason, the other folks in the ACC had Pitt pegged to finish a lot lower than we all thought. So apparently they recognized the hot mess that we'd be a lot sooner than we did.

I think everyone has high expectations coming out of Spring Ball/August. We read the hype from the "experts" and believe it. I think there are very few fan bases out there that don't expect their team to do better next year

Last edited:
I though Jurkovec would be serviceable and an upgrade. Little did I know he needed an arm transplant.
Little did any of us fans know....

But his arm problem was obvious to anyone who watched him throw. Shame on Duzzi to not have vetted him out properly before committing to bringing him to Pitt. I'm guessing Narduzzi told Cignasty he needed a QB from the portal, this was Cignasty's idea and Duzzi just lazily trusted his brand new OC--who he barely knew and had never coached with. Narduzzi's next good program decision will be his first in quite some time.

But hey, Phil was apparently encouraging his new teammates in the weightroom back in spring, so I figure we got that going for us....

Last edited:
I think everyone has high expectations coming out of Spring Ball/August. We read the hype from the "experts" and believe it. I think there are very few fan bases out there that don't expect their team to do better next year
Not everyone. If anyone paid any attention to what the coaches were saying in the spring and read between the lines, expectations should have been pretty low. It was clear then that the O was struggling badly.

"We'll get that cleaned up."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT