ADVERTISEMENT

Worst sports weekend upcoming

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
I expect everyone’s marriage to be better come Monday.

If there was ever the worst possible weekend for Pitt hoops to have their bye, it’s this one.

No Pitt Hoops
No NHL
No NFL

Heck even for me my favorite world football team doesn’t play.

At least NBA fans have that.

I even looked at flights to Florida to get away for a few days but I can’t pull it off.

This sucks.

Maybe I’ll do my taxes.

What will you guys be doing with the extra time?

If there was ever the worst possible weekend for Pitt hoops to have their bye, it’s this one.

No Pitt Hoops
No NHL
No NFL

I even looked at flights to Florida to get away for a few days but I can’t pull it off.

This sucks.

Maybe I’ll do my taxes.

Saturday is the best slate of college games the entire year… lol. I’ll be watching college hoops all day

Pitt has a couple of home matches this weekend, I believe UNC tonight and Iowa State tomorrow night. Big time for wrestling.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
even the pebble beach pro am sucks as very few of the top ranked players are in the field. they are all salivating at the mega purse for next weeks waste management event on arizona. The purse at pebble beach is only 9 million. Only Jim Nance is excited for this tournament because he can walk to the tower from his home.

No Pitt Hoops
No NHL
No NFL

This sucks.

Maybe I’ll do my taxes.

Go to see Arizona play Oregon State on Saturday and then enjoy a 78 degree, sun shiney day on Sunday.

No Pitt Hoops
No NHL
No NFL

This sucks.

Maybe I’ll do my taxes.

Full slate of games for my kids but that's every weekend. Im glad Duke/UNC is this weekend. I rarely watch that game because they usually stupidly put the first one up against a million other Wednesday night games and Pitt is usually playing but this game being on a Saturday during the NFL off week is a great spot. I'll have a rooting interest also as I hope UNC wins to help them go on a run to get to Quad 1.

I'm also interested to see the Flag Football Pro Bowl.

• Haha
I have a full slate which includes helping process 600 pounds of pork into soppressata. Damn good stuff after it cures.
Sunday taxes and dinner with friends in the evening. Could care less about no local professional sports.
That stuff is delish but you may as well just inject it right into your arteries.

Have you been able to visit Tombstone and Bisbee yet?
Yes. I love Tombstone actually. Bisbee we are so so about. I think part of that it is a community that was revived by artists and took Covid really, really seriously. So in our couple of visits the town had the same vibe as SW PA did in the first days of the pandemic. So, it was kind of awkward there a bit. We want to go to the Blues fest this fall to give it another chancE.

Yes. I love Tombstone actually. Bisbee we are so so about. I think part of that it is a community that was revived by artists and took Covid really, really seriously. So in our couple of visits the town had the same vibe as SW PA did in the first days of the pandemic. So, it was kind of awkward there a bit. We want to go to the Blues fest this fall to give it another chancE.
Agree, give it another chance. I lived in the Phoenix area, mostly chandler for years. Visited Tombstone quite often, very neat place. Glad your enjoying the southwest!

No Pitt Hoops
No NHL
No NFL

This sucks.

Maybe I’ll do my taxes.

HA. Feel the same way.
I looked at this weekends sports schedule earlier in the week and figured it would be a home project Saturday (prob a little hoop game action) and catch up on paper work Sunday followed by beers.

even the pebble beach pro am sucks as very few of the top ranked players are in the field. they are all salivating at the mega purse for next weeks waste management event on arizona. The purse at pebble beach is only 9 million. Only Jim Nance is excited for this tournament because he can walk to the tower from his home.
And they hate the 6 hour rounds that come with it. And having to deal with all those people. Only chance that ever draws again is if it gets designated.

Watch LIV instead

And they hate the 6 hour rounds that come with it. And having to deal with all those people. Only chance that ever draws again is if it gets designated.
I once had corporate meetings at the Fairmont that sits on the course and it was while the tourney was held. Got to met Martina Hingis in the lobby when she with Sergio Garcia. Boy she looked good.

It was cool sitting in meetings in a room that literally was like 50 feet from one of the greens. When guys like Phil and Tiger played through, we stopped what we were doing and would step outside and watch.

Then on the day after the tourney, we got to play the course with all the bleachers still erected. I missed the green on 16 (stadium hole) and envisioned 1000’s booing me as I approached my ball.

Then on the day after the tourney, we got to play the course with all the bleachers still erected. I missed the green on 16 (stadium hole) and envisioned 1000’s booing me as I approached my ball.
This is hysterical and we have all done one of those!

No Pitt Hoops
No NHL
No NFL

This sucks.

Maybe I’ll do my taxes.

With PItt in the hunt for a league championship and NCAA seeding — this weekend is awesome for college hoops. Nothing like watching other games knowing your team is playing well and can’t lose this weekend !

With PItt in the hunt for a league championship and NCAA seeding — this weekend is awesome for college hoops. Nothing like watching other games knowing your team is playing well and can’t lose this weekend !
I feel the opposite.

I always want my team to be playing. Can't lose this weekend, but can't win either. I'm a glass half-full guy.... if we have a game, it is a chance to win.

I feel the opposite.

I always want my team to be playing. Can't lose this weekend, but can't win either. I'm a glass half-full guy.... if we have a game, it is a chance to win.
Yeah - thst came across wrong - what I’m saying is it’s super fun to watch other teams play knowing your team already won. Seeing the ACC standings over and over on Saturday will be fun. It’s like Saturday college football after PItt wins on a Thursday.

No Pitt Hoops
No NHL
No NFL

This sucks.

Maybe I’ll do my taxes.

This is a great Pitt weekend. There are two important wrestling matches. Tonight UNC for ACC championship and sat Iowa St #5.

You have good ACC basketball games to watch all day Saturday.

That's what I plan to do.
Exactly I actually want to watch other ACC games for the first time in years because Pitt is in the top 3 and has a really good team. Saturday will be watching college basketball and Sunday online poker, not a bad weekend at all!!

For those interested, Sunday at 9am Leeds United plays on USA Network. With American star Westin McKennie joining the club this week and playing alongside fellow Americans Tyler Adams and Brendan Aaronson, it will be interesting if they can help their American manager win some games and avoid relegation.

Leeds has become an adopted club for many American sports fans.

Tottenham vs Man City at 11:30 is a tasty game too.

For those interested, Sunday at 9am Leeds United plays on USA Network. With American star Westin McKennie joining the club this week and playing alongside fellow Americans Tyler Adams and Brendan Aaronson, it will be interesting if they can help their American manager win some games and avoid relegation.

I see what you're doing. You are shameless.

What sport is this??

No Pitt Hoops
No NHL
No NFL

This sucks.

Maybe I’ll do my taxes.

Going to TopGolf tomorrow to keep the peace

Going to TopGolf tomorrow to keep the peace
Little minor nugget. —They don’t turn the volume up on the tvs in the bays. If there’s a game you are watching while there…or any other establishment where there isn’t volume to the game you’re watching, there’s an app called Tunity, that provides volume from your phone for any sporting event you’re watching. A server at top golf turned me on to the app and it has come in handy. I wasn’t familiar with it.

No Pitt Hoops
No NHL
No NFL

This sucks.

Maybe I’ll do my taxes.

Man, that Pro Bowl skills was nearly as exciting as any game!!!! Dodgeball. Longest drive. Although I was impressed that guys who never played golf before could smack one 300 yards. Strength matters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT