ADVERTISEMENT

Would any of these open an eye?

Would any of these open an eye?

• Win another Coastal? (only 2 (1BE), 1 outright 30yrs)

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Finish in Top25? (only 3 30yrs)

Votes: 31 47.7%
  • Lose less than 4 games? (only 1 30yrs)

Votes: 31 47.7%
  • No, Orange Bowl or bust then maybe I'm a cockeyed optimist again.

Votes: 12 18.5%

• Total voters
Like you said only 3 top 25 finishes in the last 30 years. To me that would open an eye for sure.

I mean, if Pitt wins nine games, you'd have to think they're in the Top 25.

Yes most likely.

I believe you follow OL play closely...what do you think of Kradle getting work to possibly be the back up C & future C after Morrissey graduates? I think he could do well in that spot in time. Seems smart, tough and is a good athlete. Batko reported he was getting work at C.

Yes most likely.

I believe you follow OL play closely...what do you think of Kradle getting work to possibly be the back up C & future C after Morrissey graduates? I think he could do well in that spot in time. Seems smart, tough and is a good athlete. Batko reported he was getting work at C.

I like Kradel. Not surprised that they're trying to find a place for him. Possible that he would be a nice big body with long arms up the middle that can pass block. Seems smart enough. Also could mean that they're not satisfied with Drexel and they want to have someone ready to insert without moving a lot of people around.

When Kradel signed, I thought that he had a really good chance to be a big-time OL-man. Having the versatility to move over to Center or play there full time makes him a lot more valuable.

Reactions: Celtsfan and 4upmc
I like Kradel. Not surprised that they're trying to find a place for him. Possible that he would be a nice big body with long arms up the middle that can pass block. Seems smart enough. Also could mean that they're not satisfied with Drexel and they want to have someone ready to insert without moving a lot of people around.

When Kradel signed, I thought that he had a really good chance to be a big-time OL-man. Having the versatility to move over to Center or play there full time makes him a lot more valuable.

Yes trying to find a spot and as you said may not be satisfied with Drexel. Still has time to be a “big-time OL-man” as he’s just a RS Frosh. Time will tell...

Last report was those working w 1st team from left to right are Houy, Ford, Morrissey, Hargrove & Drake. I guess with Hargrove locking down 1 G spot & Wheeler pushing Ford at the other G spot they could figure making Kradel more versatile gives Pitt a better chance to get top talent on the field should there be an injury.

I voted for situation 3. Because 3 at least takes care of 2. The Coastal, well it also depends on the quality of the other teams in the division. So I would take a 9-3 regular season and let the chips fall where they may over 7-5 and a "Coastal Championship".

Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
I voted for situation 3. Because 3 at least takes care of 2. The Coastal, well it also depends on the quality of the other teams in the division. So I would take a 9-3 regular season and let the chips fall where they may over 7-5 and a "Coastal Championship".

Same for me. 3 guarantees 2 and puts 1 very much in play.

Yes trying to find a spot and as you said may not be satisfied with Drexel. Still has time to be a “big-time OL-man” as he’s just a RS Frosh. Time will tell...

Last report was those working w 1st team from left to right are Houy, Ford, Morrissey, Hargrove & Drake. I guess with Hargrove locking down 1 G spot & Wheeler pushing Ford at the other G spot they could figure making Kradel more versatile gives Pitt a better chance to get top talent on the field should there be an injury.

I think if they were happy with Ford, they wouldn't have moved Wheeler over. Also means that Zubovic isn't quite ready but that's okay.

I think if they were happy with Ford, they wouldn't have moved Wheeler over. Also means that Zubovic isn't quite ready but that's okay.

Yep, it would not be a surprise to see Wheeler take Fords spot sometime in camp.

Reactions: pittdan77
I mean, if Pitt wins nine games, you'd have to think they're in the Top 25.
Hell, PSU finished the regular season 9-3 and was ranked 12th last year before their bowl loss- they beat no one in the Final Coach's Poll Top 25. So yeah, 9 wins in a Power 5 conference, win your division, should land you in the TOP 25. I'm hopeful for that this year, you can definitely see the progress being made. I like the staff Coach has put together this year too and am generally excited for the season to get here!

Reactions: DiehardPanther
This current coaching staff proving it can win at least 10 games and then follow that up by recruiting a top 25 class would open both my eyes.

Enough with the excuses. Coach PN simply needs to win more games and then recruit better next season. Period. Exclamation Point!

What would open my eyes?

Three or four 4* players all in the same class with 1 of them being a QB. And when I say 4*, I mean consensus 4 star players across rivals, 247 and espn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT