ADVERTISEMENT

WPIAL Playoffs

Sieg's father is a huge nitter and they're enamored with Terry Smith.

I watched some of the Fort Cherry game to check out Sieg. If I never heard of him, my takeaway would be that he's a nice 1A player who will have a good career down the road at W&J. I'm sure his stats were good but didnt make any splash plays and he was playing against a 1A team.

I watched some of the Fort Cherry game to check out Sieg. If I never heard of him, my takeaway would be that he's a nice 1A player who will have a good career down the road at W&J. I'm sure his stats were good but didnt make any splash plays and he was playing against a 1A team.
Sorry but your way off base. Pitt, St Penn, and wvcc all have offered and I'd take their assessment of him over you any day. H2P

Reactions: Allan McMurray
Sorry but your way off base. Pitt, St Penn, and wvcc all have offered and I'd take their assessment of him over you any day. H2P

Yea I'm just surprised because he looked like your typical above average 1A player. Like had I not known about the offers, I'd question whether he would start at a bigger school. Seemed small and slow. I just expected a PSU offer to look like Terrelle Pryor or Steve Breaston looked like in HS since he's playing really low level competition

Yea I'm just surprised because he looked like your typical above average 1A player. Like had I not known about the offers, I'd question whether he would start at a bigger school. Seemed small and slow. I just expected a PSU offer to look like Terrelle Pryor or Steve Breaston looked like in HS since he's playing really low level competition
I recall your previous assessment, "plays against girls".

I recall your previous assessment, "plays against girls".

They played boys teams the last 2 games. He looked like an above average 1A player and a guy who maybe wouldn't start at a big school though I am sure he would since he has major D1 offers. Just didnt jump off the page to me. I expected a major D1 guy at a 1A to look like a video game like Tyler Boyd. I remember a 1A HC told me that in a playoff game vs Boyd, his team never tackled him. He either scored or was forced out of bounds.

This guy ^ discrediting Sieg's performance yesterday is all you need going forward to never take anything he says seriously.

He expected Sieg to look like Terelle Pryor? Really? Terelle Pryor? A guy mentioned by many to be the most talented player to come out of the WPIAL/PA in the last 30-35 years?

This guy ^ discrediting Sieg's performance yesterday is all you need going forward to never take anything he says seriously.

He expected Sieg to look like Terelle Pryor? Really? Terelle Pryor? A guy mentioned by many to be the most talented player to come out of the WPIAL/PA in the last 30-35 years?

The way everyone on this board hyped him up, yes. People came out in full force defending this guy like he was a once in a generation player.

The way everyone on this board hyped him up, yes. People came out in full force defending this guy like he was a once in a generation player.
Nobody hyped him up. You brought him up. I had to look him up since I had never heard of him. I looked him up again today to confirm your assessment of him being pedestrian in the last 2 games against "boys". He accounted for 9 touchdowns in those 2 games while only being a sophomore.

And Mike Vernillo ran for over 7000 yds at Ft Cherry and ended up at SRU. Competition means a lot.

4A
Aliquippa 35 McKeesport 21
This was an entertaining game early with a lot of back and forth action at the end of the first quarter. Pitt recruit Cam Lindsey had three touchdowns. WPIAL title #20 for Aliquippa.

3A
Belle Vernon 26 Avonworth 0
Avonworth kept this game closer than I expected. Belle Vernon was clearly the best team in 3A all season. What's more impressive is Belle Vernon isn't centered around Quinton Martin.

2A
Beaver Falls 14 Steel Valley 12
Beaver Falls avenged last year's championship loss with a last-minute win, taking the lead with 44 seconds left. It was an impressive run to the title game from the No. 10 seed, beating three tough teams along the way.

1A
Fort Cherry 42 South Side Beaver 28
Fort Cherry won its first WPIAL title. The Garry family has coached Fort Cherry for nearly all its existence, so pretty cool for them to win it. Sieg once again carried the load with 344 yards of total offense.

Elsewhere, NA dominated McDowell 41-7 and Peters Township won 33-14.

The all time record for total yards in a championship game at Heinz/Accrisure/Three Rivers is 361 yards. Sieg yesterday had 344 total yards, 166 passing and 178 rushing. Two rushing tds and two passing tds. And intercepted a pass on defense.

As a sophomore.

And SMF thinks that's somehow evidence that he isn't very good.

Reactions: steelcurtain55.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT