ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling gets large donation

Didn't she say there is a master plan (or at least in talks) about tearing down the fieldhouse and building a new entire facility op there? If so, would this be "wasted" money? I could have misread the plan though...

PS: I didn't mean to imply the money would be wasted...no such thing supporting Pitt - thank you for helping support the dreams of Pitt and her student athletes. What I meant was if there is a plan to level the fieldhouse, how would this gift tie into that plan?

I hope that everyone on here that promised to donate has or will now. Mine's just a start. We need a lot more.

Thank you very much, I didn't know you were on here, but I'm a recent grad and new to being a wrestling fan. My donations will come once I pay off my student loans haha. Thanks again, the program really deserves this and Panther Nation definitely appreciates it.

I hope that everyone on here that promised to donate has or will now. Mine's just a start. We need a lot more.
Nish, awesome start. What do we need to dollar wise to get Wrestling facilities upgraded? Will University kick in ACC money? What time frame for renovations?

Reactions: nmac412
Fantastic, Nish67 ....... FANTASTIC !!!!!!!

How much has the Pitt Wrestling Championship Fund raised so far ?

I plan to donate.

The links in the article to donate won't work for me. I will still donate, but it is disappointing that the Athletic Department and Panther Club seem to be not very good at clearing obstacles for our teams.

Let me try and answer some of the questions. Pat Bostick is a better source but I'll take a crack at it.

1. Yes, Pitt is kicking in money. Don't know how much but you've seen our AD's quotes. She wants all sports facilities competitive with the ACC.

2. Knocking down facilities like Fitzgerald will take a lot of money, I'm guessing hundreds of millions. We won't find that overnight. I expect the upgraded facilities will be used for at least 5 years if not more.

3. There is no cap on the amount of donations we need. I think I had said $1 million would be a great target but the more we get the more can be done quickly. Also remember the Regional Training Center relies 100% on donations. I'll let them weigh in here but I'm thinking $30,000-$50,000 gets us another training partner. We have 2 now. We need to get to 6, one for each Olympic weight class.

Hope that helps. I'll be at the Wrestling Golf Outing. Love to say hello if any of you are there. The renovations hopefully will be done by Homecoming. There's a ribbon-cutting ceremony planned for that Friday. I'll be there. Again, please say hello if you're there. We're all in this together.

Hail to Pitt!

The links in the article to donate won't work for me. I will still donate, but it is disappointing that the Athletic Department and Panther Club seem to be not very good at clearing obstacles for our teams.
The link works for me in google chrome. Maybe try a different browser? Or maybe they fixed it since you posted.

Reactions: dave97
I have been trying to figure out the best way to make my small donation. No luck. I grew impatient and donated half to the PWC and half to the Wrestling Championship Fund. Bottom line is that I don't think either would have been a bad choice. I hope that everyone on this board will find your own preference and give. Maybe next year things will be clearer as to how best help the program. H2P

Mike412, I hope that you can get past the disappointments that you have had with the program and be a positive force for improvement! I don't disagree with some of the things that you have posted, but we need people who care to get behind this in any and every way that you see fit.

Congrats Nish,

I just donated my pledge for the year and, just for all the time and effort you've been putting in to this, more than doubled it. I also dropped a token amount in with the wrestling club too.

I'm glad they finally got a link up to donate. Now they need to just add that link to the main giving site so it is listed with the other Championship funds.

Last edited:
This is all great stuff
Hope we can keep this momentum
As a board member of the PWC I thank you guys , I ask you continue to spread the word on the Pittsburgh wrestling club,
Need to keep this moving forward
This year alone in a coach and supporting resident athletes that help our college athletes we may be approaching close to $100,000
Every dollar helps!
Feel free to contact us anytime, our contact info is on the site
Thanks again

Reactions: ThePanthers
Are upgrades to the team's locker room part of the plan? I don't know what the locker room is like now, but I do know that the programs with nice facilities have pretty plush locker rooms / lounges. It's part of the recruiting arms race.

Vish/Mundo - it would be great if you could set up donations to either the Championship Fund or the PWC on a regular basis - ie, so I dont have to remember every month or every other week.... ;)

Do you know if there is a way to do that? I think this would definitely make it easier for people to donate more than if they had to do a lump sum donation. Many more people can give a little more every month rather than a lot at once.

Reactions: Pantherguy4
Vish/Mundo - it would be great if you could set up donations to either the Championship Fund or the PWC on a regular basis - ie, so I dont have to remember every month or every other week.... ;)

Do you know if there is a way to do that? I think this would definitely make it easier for people to donate more than if they had to do a lump sum donation. Many more people can give a little more every month rather than a lot at once.

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. You can set up a systemic monthly donation to the Championship Fund. Contact Pat Bostick for the details: pbostick@athletics.pitt.edu.

Reactions: guyutethepig
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT