ADVERTISEMENT

WVU -1.5 this morning

It's going to be worse than that: WVU 38 - 17

I think there are 3 likely scenarios

1. Close WVU win
2. Close Pitt win
3. One of those "everything goes wrong" games that used to happen in Morgantown and we get blown out.

I have completely changed my opinion on this game given the way our QB, WR, OL, and DL have played but especially the QB and WRs. I dont think WVU is any good but neither are we.

Wasn’t Pitt -3 or 3.5 on Sunday?
In a world of 2,345 betting sites they probably were somewhere...one consensus line I saw was PItt opening at -1.5.

Kind of amazed at the whiny Pitt is doomed crowd in these parts making WVU out to be William Wallace with fireballs from their eyes and bolts of lightning from their arses...

I'm thinking WVU 34 - Pitt 17

I think we'll know early if Pitt stands a chance, but their lines are just so much better than ours, it seems.

In a world of 2,345 betting sites they probably were somewhere...one consensus line I saw was PItt opening at -1.5.

Kind of amazed at the whiny Pitt is doomed crowd in these parts making WVU out to be William Wallace with fireballs from their eyes and bolts of lightning from their arses...
Oh I think WVU sucks too. But they are at home and Pitt has shown nothing to give me the warm and fuzzies.

I'm thinking WVU 34 - Pitt 17

I think we'll know early if Pitt stands a chance, but their lines are just so much better than ours, it seems.

WVU may win, but I can't see them scoring 34. Maybe a 21-17 type game. Lot on the line for both teams early in the season, although I think a 1-2 start for WVU is more damaging since their coach is hanging on by a thread.

WVU may win, but I can't see them scoring 34. Maybe a 21-17 type game. Lot on the line for both teams early in the season, although I think a 1-2 start for WVU is more damaging since their coach is hanging on by a thread.

If our front seven plays like it did at the beginning of last week, we're cooked. WVU should have a better line than Cincy and a RB who is much harder to tackle.

And then I'm just not sure that we'll be able to exploit their weakness (the secondary). Throw is a disgruntled Jurkovec and a loud crowd, and I see a path to this one getting out of hand early. Hope not.

Both teams will be fired up. Emotions will play a bigger role than the Cincinnati game. Early season weirdness will fade away but both teams are pretty damn flawed. It's going to be a close one. Fine with the line.

I think CJ Donaldson will be a major problem for Pitt. Pitt may keep it close, but I can see a 28-21 L for Pitt.

if we can't stop the run 2 weeks in a row, it will be a long season. Run defense was always near & dear to Narduzzi's heart. This game will tell a lot about what the season will bring. Can Pitt stop the run? Can Jurkovec and the offense take advantage of a bad WVU secondary?

If we're anywhere near as bad as we looked on defense and at QB it won't be close.

Here's hoping that last week was an aberration, but I have my doubts.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
WVU is -2.5 and some places -3. Jurkovec’s awfulness is in play.

See Vegas insider.

Easy money. Your team will collapse under the lights like so many have before you at Mountaineer Field. Marino even crawled out with a close win.

Easy money. Your team will collapse under the lights like so many have before you at Mountaineer Field. Marino even crawled out with a close win.
Then it appears that double-wide finally may be within your grasp...Congrats hoopie.

btw, that was freshman Marino by a solid touchdown on that "crawl"...

Last edited:
Hoopies save on dentist bills. They don't have to go since all their teeth have fallen out from the meth.

Gee, I kinda' remember the most important game in your "school's?" sports history, wherein a a 28 pt underdog crushed your soul and only chance (then and forevermore) to play for a national championship. 13-9

Hoopies save on dentist bills. They don't have to go since all their teeth have fallen out from the meth.

Pot meet kettle. Drug task forces stay pretty busy there too. You will learn more about these kind of things after your nuts finally drop. It's bad everywhere right now.

Reactions: bdur76
Certainly we’ll be watching. But our crappy play makes this game a lot less interesting as a Pitt fan. It’s not that I think a loss is inevitable or anything, or I won’t watch a game unless a win is guaranteed. We certainly can win this; they have a really bad team as well.

But after a couple good seasons it is harder to care as much when the writing is on the wall for a likely sub .500 season.

I’ll give WVU fans credit in that they maintain their hate for us and lust for this game no matter how crappy their team and hopeless their prospects. Which pretty much match ours this year.

Wvu by 12.
It’s their super bowl.
Don't flatter yourself. Yes, we like the game and of course we really want to win it. But Pitt isn't our Super Bowl and, frankly, we don't see Pitt as a superior program worthy of cracking champagne if we win.

So, we will win because we are the better team....period.

Don't flatter yourself. Yes, we like the game and of course we really want to win it. But Pitt isn't our Super Bowl and, frankly, we don't see Pitt as a superior program worthy of cracking champagne if we win.

So, we will win because we are the better team....period.
LOL!

False...

Is there any team that fires up the WVU fan base more than Pitt? No way and it's not even close.

If the WVU fans had only one game to win on the schedule, they would choose Pitt every single time....

On the contrary, don't flatter yourself!

Pitt fans can't mustard the same hatred you guys have for us, because we know you are beneath us.... In every measurement you can measure... Whether we Win or Lose on Saturday, nothing changes....

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Let's make no mistake, you knuckleheads are plenty easy to dislike....probably something you've learned to live with well beyond dealing with WVU faithful. But, while we would love to win the game (as would you), it is not the most important game on our schedule and certainly not our Super Bowl....frankly it's not even close to being equivalent to beating OU or TX and competing for the B12 title.

Sorry, you're just not as important as you pretend to be.... And, you're certainly not as good of a program as you like think you are.

Let's make no mistake, you knuckleheads are plenty easy to dislike....probably something you've learned to live with well beyond dealing with WVU faithful. But, while we would love to win the game (as would you), it is not the most important game on our schedule and certainly not our Super Bowl....frankly it's not even close to being equivalent to beating OU or TX and competing for the B12 title.

Sorry, you're just not as important as you pretend to be.... And, you're certainly not as good of a program as you like think you are.
Believe it or not I have wonderful friends that have graduated from WVU. There is always mutual respect. One of the nicest human beings I've met in my life played for WVU in the 1970's. The ones I have always disliked are the fans who didn't go to WVU. In fact they probably didn't even attend college... Which category do you fall in? I have a hunch you never stepped foot in WVU...

Reactions: Mr.Hyde
Believe it or not I have wonderful friends that have graduated from WVU. There is always mutual respect. One of the nicest human beings I've met in my life played for WVU in the 1970's. The ones I have always disliked are the fans who didn't go to WVU. In fact they probably didn't even attend college... Which category do you fall in? I have a hunch you never stepped foot in WVU...
Glad to hear you have good friends from WVU. I graduated from WVU in 1982 and have been a season ticket holder for 38 years....live in Chicago, but still have my tickets and make it a point to attend 2-3 games each year. Even made the game in Pittsburgh last year.

Reactions: pittmeister
Glad to hear you have good friends from WVU. I graduated from WVU in 1982 and have been a season ticket holder for 38 years....live in Chicago, but still have my tickets and make it a point to attend 2-3 games each year. Even made the game in Pittsburgh last year.
Very nice. I'm sure if I met you in person I would like you..... Good luck Saturday night.... But not too much....🤷‍♀️

Reactions: Manster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT