ADVERTISEMENT

WVU -1.5 this morning

Let's make no mistake, you knuckleheads are plenty easy to dislike....probably something you've learned to live with well beyond dealing with WVU faithful. But, while we would love to win the game (as would you), it is not the most important game on our schedule and certainly not our Super Bowl....frankly it's not even close to being equivalent to beating OU or TX and competing for the B12 title.

Sorry, you're just not as important as you pretend to be.... And, you're certainly not as good of a program as you like think you are.

Stubhub disagrees with you.

Didn’t a lot of people say the same lart week. This board was extremely confident we’d kill Cincy

I picked Cincy 31-27 due to the fact they blew out the equivalent of a mid-level MAC team by 50. I figured they were better than us. I think Pitt and WVU are pretty even. Both below average teams. But its at home for them. They'll win.

Wow. Pitt has won 20 games in the last two seasons, including an ACC championship, and finishing strong last year and beating a good UCLA team in the bowl game with practically the JV team playing. Yes, Pitt looked horrible against Cinci and was dominated early, but still had a chance to win after the late interception. Cinci has been a good program, so it is no shame to lose to them, as they have been beating a lot of teams lately. Pitt is not a s**t team, and will prove it as season progresses. There is no reason to think that WVU is the better team. Not saying they can't win, because they are home and have a 'revenge' motive in addition to the hatred factor. Vegas line is moving because of the recency bias of the last game. I think Pitt will win as they will play angry after the loss. I love the rivalry and hope it continues. It was a great atmosphere last year, and will be this year. No reason each program can't benefit from it. Some of you Pitt fans may claim to be 'realists', but you are really pessimists who thrive on being negative. It doesn't impress me to predict poor performance. If Pitt loses, no excuses, but they should play much better, and get a win.

Reactions: FireballZ
Did your mom get her dentures fixes yet? If not what is taking you so long to add her to your Starbucks Employee Insurance Program? #Be Better.
Tough talk. I bet your the baddest dude in the trailer park. Come on over to my place in Vegas, I’ll turn down the voltage on the electric fence so you sizzle longer.

You have never beaten OU nor have you competed for a B12 title. So how would you know?
Let's make no mistake, you knuckleheads are plenty easy to dislike....probably something you've learned to live with well beyond dealing with WVU faithful. But, while we would love to win the game (as would you), it is not the most important game on our schedule and certainly not our Super Bowl....frankly it's not even close to being equivalent to beating OU or TX and competing for the B12 title.

Sorry, you're just not as important as you pretend to be.... And, you're certainly not as good of a program as you like think you are.

The fact you are on a forum telling us how great you are tells us everything we need to know about you. Most people know what they are and are comfortable with themselves so they don't feel the need to have to validate themselves in front of everyone because they are truly lacking.
You don't want to get into a measuring contest that relates to success, house size, or dick with me. You will end up as disappointed as the women in your life. Now go pay your rent on your tiny apartment. Your landlord has bills too.

Yeah, man. How could you forget that huge first B12 in-conference victory just last season for 5-7 WVU over 6-7 OU!? Pretty sure Gameday was there!

What's Pitt's record against Oklahoma? Like 1 win, 1 tie, 9 losses. Does that sound right?

I know nothing about WVU so I’m not here to weigh in on the line.

But for the hoopies who are here, particularly the ones so confident - I’m sure you’ll show up if your squad wins. Just don’t be a pussy and disappear if you lose.

If so, it'd be better than your record. You've beaten them once in the Big 12, last year, which contradicts what you stated.

No I was talking history wise. Pitt has done worse than WV against Oklahoma. The last time you played Oklahoma State that was a blow out too.

No I was talking history wise. Pitt has done worse than WV against Oklahoma. The last time you played Oklahoma State that was a blow out too.
Bragging about a 3-11 record (in comparison to 1-9-1) is certainly a decision.

I didn't start the conversation about Oklahoma. Maybe you should try reading the entire thread first. Then you might of realized I was pointing that Pitt fans shouldn't be giving WVU fans a rough time about beating Oklahoma. Just like the other stereotype jokes some Pitt fans try to make. The State of Pennsylvania has plenty of the same issues.

You got anything on the game tonight? You feeling confident about a win?
Ok, thanks for the clarification. In that case, I stand corrected.

Both teams are surprisingly similar to each other. Anemic offenses with poor rushing defenses (especially by our standard). My gut says West Virginia wins since it’s in Morgantown unless Jurkovec does a 180 from last week. Otherwise, I can see him getting pulled; by that point, Mountaineers would smell blood in the water.

I’m just glad the Brawl is back again. We need to get this scheduled annually either for the beginning of the season or on Thanksgiving weekend.

Reactions: Gunny46
Ok, thanks for the clarification. In that case, I stand corrected.

Both teams are surprisingly similar to each other. Anemic offenses with poor rushing defenses (especially by our standard). My gut says West Virginia wins since it’s in Morgantown unless Jurkovec does a 180 from last week. Otherwise, I can see him getting pulled; by that point, Mountaineers would smell blood in the water.

I’m just glad the Brawl is back again. We need to get this scheduled annually either for the beginning of the season or on Thanksgiving weekend.

Not going to lie. I hope your Coaches stick with Jurkovec no matter what. We have a bad habit of making the second string guy look like Dan Marino.

Great Backyard Brawl as always. I'm not going to rub it in. However I will say I'm not confident you guys win another game this year.

You lost. Take a lap. A simple congratulations would have worked.

Congratulations on beating a bad team because their quarterback played about as bad as is possible? Yeah, sure, congratulations.

Do you really think that if you play the way that you did tonight you are going to beat any team that gets even mediocre quarterbacking?

Congratulations on beating a bad team because their quarterback played about as bad as is possible? Yeah, sure, congratulations.

Do you really think that if you play the way that you did tonight you are going to beat any team that gets even mediocre quarterbacking?

Ok you win. This is the worst coached Pitt team I have witnessed in over 30 years. You have the worst QB I have ever seem. You may not win another game. But at least you have the Steelers. God luck with both.

I felt really good about this one since it was a home game. Pitt does not have much skill talent as in the past.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT