ADVERTISEMENT

WVU vs. Penn State

In 2023 and 2024, Penn State and WVU will play. Who will you root for?

• Penn State

Votes: 37 32.5%
  • WVU

Votes: 71 62.3%
  • I hope they tie.

Votes: 6 5.3%

• Total voters
Meh....depends on what other games are on that weekend. Dont really care about either more than others. Both are just kind a regional teams and not like an Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, USC, etc national type of program.

I want whoever is doing worse that season to win. So I voted WVU since it's more likely they're having the worse season.

Lets see 6 years from now Jimbo Fisher will be Coaching WVU.He came home for his dream job to lead WVU to a National Championship.Rich Rod will be his OC and a 72 year old Nick Saban comes out of retirement to be a special assistant to Jimbo.Wvu will be a preseason top 5 and Psu lead by veteran head coach James Franklin will be the preseason #1.What a game we are going to have in front of 110,000 screaming fans in State College.Wvu loses 13-9 and our whole staff goes to Michigan!

Chains I'll send you a Wvu shirt just for you to wear on these two occasions!
I'd actually very much consider going to Morgantown for it. I won't wear WVU clothing. But, I'd wear the team colors. I have a lot pals that WVU fans and/or alums.

Reactions: RHS14
I always tell myself that I can't root for WVU but slowly I realize that I'm pulling for them. I think Pitt-WVU is like Steelers-Browns. The reason for the rivalry isn't just proximity its that we are actually similar. For all the hillbilly-ghetto stuff that gets said, the actual WVU people that I know are normal folks and mostly WPA folks. I still can't stand that so many go so overboard. If it isn't for how their students began acting in the last 10 or so games of the series, I think we'd still be playing. I'd rather play them than PSU if they cleaned up some of the stupid stuff. The Brawl could be one of the great rivalries and could be a big boost for both programs. I actually don't think Pitt-PSU would benefit either one of us anymore.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
WVU and Pitt fans have a chip on the shoulder... Each fanbase does for a different set of reasons. PSU, not all, but by and large, are arrogant. Look down on both programs. Easy for me for me to choose here really. Former BEast brethren. And, honestly, wish they were ACC brethren right now.

I can only hope the game in Morgantown will be ESPN game day, so i can show up incognito in Mountaineer gear with a sign behind Corso that reads "Sheep > Little Boys"

Reactions: RHS14
well I rooted for Pitt against PSU

Well slap my ass and call me Sally!!

You did?

What do you want a medal for choosing a school that you have some sort of unfounded blind hatred for as opposed to one who institutionalized pedophilia? Color me impressd with your decision making.

Reactions: jmcst5
Well slap my ass and call me Sally!!

You did?

What do you want a medal for choosing a school that you have some sort of unfounded blind hatred for as opposed to one who institutionalized pedophilia? Color me impressd with your decision making.

I doubt you'd find many people that would pick PSU over anyone. Unless you're Michigan and need OSU to lose.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
Chains I'll send you a Wvu shirt just for you to wear on these two occasions!

My next door neighbor and wife are Mountaineers.. we will certainly have the "let's go.." chant going for this game and burn some furniture...

Chains we haven't burned a couch in like 4 years!!!I miss the old days in Sunnyside after a big win but all good things must come to an end.Its so calm now after a game that I have to look around and see if I'm still in Morgantown.

It's not even close......... I hope WVU destroys the Peds.

I never had a hatred for WVU. Since they kept the big east respectable. However, there's not a sports franchise I hate more than Ped st.

I will be rooting for WVU all day

Chains we haven't burned a couch in like 4 years!!!I miss the old days in Sunnyside after a big win but all good things must come to an end.Its so calm now after a game that I have to look around and see if I'm still in Morgantown.

If you hear of a couch fire in the eastern suburbs of PITTsburgh after a beat down of the nitters... :)

Got to root for WVU. I still hope we get them on the schedule full time if PSU is afraid to play us.

Now, PSU and ND? Last time it happened I hoped for a meteor to hit the 50 yard line when the coaches shook hands.

College football never forgets. Chin up. There are way worse things that could come up in a message board thread to make fun of your school. ;)

77 we did go a bit overboard a few times with the celebrations down here.The Big 12 dumped water all over that couch burning tradition.The furniture store business is half of what it used to be in the fall in Morgantown now.You are right Dan people could be saying we marry our cousins,we all live in trailers,there are only 42,100 teeth on campus,our coaches are drunks(I love Huggy),WVU is a Community College,we give out diplomas etc!Hey Dan did you just throw out a Franklin like comment about WVU like he did to Pitt?

Last edited:
Good spirited conversation in this thread until this. You really wish kids get injured because they don't wear the preferred team colors? It's a game, my friend. SMH
Agree about the football injuries but plenty of kids got "injured" up there for a few decades, no?

I root forever who would help my team so it depends . I'm a Penn State grad fwiw so rooted for Pitt over Clemson last year.
It all depends, I don't really dislike any team but I'll pick a favorite in a game . OSU vs OU I was neutral because either team winning could be good, or maybe bad for psu just depends.

Recruits how many teeth do you have and how much do you weigh?I heard you cannot live within Morgantown City limits unless you have less then 20 teeth and weigh more than 290lbs????

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT