ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Johnson's Chip

Spudda_09

Redshirt
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2013
This is just a little note, but I don't follow most of the ACC accounts / writers, so noticed some retweets coming from Xavier Johnson on Twitter and thought it was interesting. Today he retweeted Rothstein tweeting Pitt @ the #12 spot in the "ACC Offseason Power Rankings" and also retweeted the ACC preseason First Team of "Cole Anthony, North Carolina; Tre Jones, Duke; Jordan Nwora, Louisville; Mamadi Diakite, Virginia; Vernon Carey, Duke". In the recent past he also tweeted the Bob Cousy Award's top picks for next season (top PG in NCAA) which listed 25 players, none of which are named Xavier Johnson. He tweeted this with the quote "more and more fuel every day".

I think we all know he is going to explode this season, but I think he is going to carry a serious chip on his shoulder into year 2 and absolutely lay the wood to anyone who gets in his way. I love that he is embracing the lack of respect (like putting a kid who hasn't played a game in college at preseason all ACC over him, and hey the kid is a 5 star and may be great but come on). The kid probably already had a bit of a chip from being underrecruited last year, but I think we could see him ascend to a different level being a year older and not getting the love he should be for what he did last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News