ADVERTISEMENT

You all see this junk

TD_istheman

Junior
Nov 3, 2015
Unbelievable!!! First he isn't a candidate, second don't think he would leave right now , especially if Pitt allows him to continue to build. He strikes me as a man that is not looking to jump jobs every few years. Maybe I'm the one who is crazy. Saying that, if he goes looking and gets a job somewhere else next year , will feel ok either way. No strong feelings either way.

Can't get it to link, but they have Duzz on the Nebraska coaching list.

Last edited:
Who's in: Former Nebraska QB Scott Frost will be -- already is -- the hot name to replace Riley. Other names on new AD Bill Moos' list could include Matt Campbell of Iowa State, Craig Bohl of Wyoming, Pat Narduzzi of Pitt, Les Miles, and maybe Wazzu's Mike Leach?

Frost is getting hired but found it funny, need a coach after each year , steal Pitt's! Need to change that image going forward.

Who's in: Former Nebraska QB Scott Frost will be -- already is -- the hot name to replace Riley. Other names on new AD Bill Moos' list could include Matt Campbell of Iowa State, Craig Bohl of Wyoming, Pat Narduzzi of Pitt, Les Miles, and maybe Wazzu's Mike Leach?

Frost is getting hired but found it funny, need a coach after each year , steal Pitt's! Need to change that image going forward.
That means that other teams like the direction that Pitt is headed. But Pitt has to make sure that their coaches have high buy-out clauses, then stick to them.

Similar but different: is there any truth to the story that Jamie Dixon's contract with Pitt had a huge buy-out, but Pitt gave TCU a "Black Friday Bargain price" and let Jamie go cheap?

Last edited:
Reactions: HailToPitt725
That means that other teams like the direct that Pitt is headed. But Pitt has to make sure that their coaches have high buy-out clauses, then stick to them.

Similar but different: is there any truth to the story that Jamie Dixon's contract with Pitt had a huge buy-out, but Pitt gave TCU a "Black Friday Bargain price" and let Jamie go cheap?

Yes, cause we know , good season next year and this crap gets worse , so Pitt has to decide what it wants to do, not let money dictate things , then do it. If they want to keep Duzz, sit him down and discuss what it would take to try to win big here , and what it would take him to stay here a long time and be happy. Our AD will be on deck soon, hope she is ready

That says a lot about Pitt, not in a good way, if every job opening has our coaches name in it each year. Dana doesn't get mentioned for every job, they know he won't be easy to poach, we just have this MAC feel to us , and that needs to change and now!

Yes, cause we know , good season next year and this crap gets worse , so Pitt has to decide what it wants to do, not let money dictate things , then do it. If they want to keep Duzz, sit him down and discuss what it would take to try to win big here , and what it would take him to stay here a long time and be happy. Our AD will be on deck soon, hope she is ready
I couldn't agree more. To be a "big boy", we have to pay like the big boys do.

In this business, this is true: paying a lot of money doesn't guarantee that you WILL have great success, but.....NOT paying a lot of money guarantees that you WON'T have great success.

Wait, were you one of the guys who wanted Duzz fired? Seems like you and the other chicken littles who were hating on the guy a week ago would be happy hed leave.

As an aside, just because the media has him as part of a long list doesnt mean he's serious candidate. ..........

Or being 53-36 isn't a good enough reason to poach a drunk to run your program.

That says a lot about Pitt, not in a good way, if every job opening has our coaches name in it each year. Dana doesn't get mentioned for every job, they know he won't be easy to poach, we just have this MAC feel to us , and that needs to change and now!

Reactions: ECUPittfan
There are obvious connections to some of these jobs -- Frost in this case -- then these "expert" pundits fill out their paragraphs with a few names. Pitt had this weekend's biggest win, so they threw out the Pitt coach's name.
The writers have zero clue who Nebraska would like to talk with about its coaching job.

In the case of Dana, this is his seventh year at WVU. Now as much as we rip-on the Hoopies, they're smart enough to realize that they won't get a coach who's better than Dana, so they've committed to him, and he's committed to them.

Compare that to Pitt, who hasn't kept a coach long enough to demonstrate ANY commitment. It's much easier to play "poach the coach" when the coach hasn't been at that school very long and doesn't have long term emotional ties.

Wait, were you one of the guys who wanted Duzz fired? Seems like you and the other chicken littles who were hating on the guy a week ago would be happy hed leave.

As an aside, just because the media has him as part of a long list doesnt mean he's serious candidate. ..........
Are you referring to me? If so, I've never, ever advocated replacing HCPN. (FWIW, I've b!tched about Watson - a lot.) ;)

Scuttlebutt a few weeks ago that Narduzzi agent let Nebraska know he might be interested but the scuttlebutt then said he was not an option via Nebraska. Nebraska is going frost or bust

Reactions: pittman71
I'm indifferent to be honest , that's a call for Pitt to make , won't lose sleep either way. I been stating that for awhile. Just cause I don't wash the guy or scream fire him, doesn't mean anything. Pitt needs to decide what Pitt feels is best to grow the program

Scuttlebutt a few weeks ago that Narduzzi agent let Nebraska know he might be interested but the scuttlebutt then said he was not an option via Nebraska. Nebraska is going frost or bust
So how hard is Duzz looking around according to the scuttlebutt you are hearing?

I don't believe he is actively looking to leave his agent was doing his due diligence but as has been reported the Ad & Pn are having issues both need to cool off

In the case of Dana, this is his seventh year at WVU. Now as much as we rip-on the Hoopies, they're smart enough to realize that they won't get a coach who's better than Dana, so they've committed to him, and he's committed to them.

Compare that to Pitt, who hasn't kept a coach long enough to demonstrate ANY commitment. It's much easier to play "poach the coach" when the coach hasn't been at that school very long and doesn't have long term emotional ties.

Pitt committed 8 years to Harris and 6 to Wanny and both times the fan base was divided on the decision. All the guys after that left. I get what you’re trying to say but it wasn’t until recently that the carousel started.

Pitt committed 8 years to Harris and 6 to Wanny and both times the fan base was divided on the decision. All the guys after that left. I get what you’re trying to say but it wasn’t until recently that the carousel started.
But in neither case - Walt or Wanny - did our coach get poached. In fact, I don't recall either guy being targeted by another program.

So why did we run Wlat and Wanny out again? Both loved Pitt, and were doing a good job for taking a knife to a gun fight , and would not look to leave , especially Wanny.

this Miami win may actually end up costing Pitt their coach. This would be the perfect time for him to leave, right after a win over the unbeaten number 2 team.

I know he wouldnt do it but if Narduzzi does leave Pitt should attempt to get Wanny back.

I remember a story about Duzz, where he talked about loyalty being big with him. Talked about his dad had many offers but was loyal to Youngstown St. He strikes me as a different breed. Be nice to hear a coach say, I love Pitt and Pittsburgh and I'm staying here and building something great. We can dream. The administration makes it easy for coaches to not look back when getting offers as well

Reactions: Gregory25
this Miami win may actually end up costing Pitt their coach. This would be the perfect time for him to leave, right after a win over the unbeaten number 2 team.

I know he wouldnt do it but if Narduzzi does leave Pitt should attempt to get Wanny back.

I agree get him back, give him money for a staff , hire a young guy to learn for a few years on the staff , Wanny retires and the guy he chooses takes over , things are going well at that time.

Reactions: pittman71
I remember a story about Duzz, where he talked about loyalty being big with him. Talked about his dad had many offers but was loyal to Youngstown St. He strikes me as a different breed. Be nice to hear a coach say, I love Pitt and Pittsburgh and I'm staying here and building something great. We can dream. The administration makes it easy for coaches to not look back when getting offers as well

Basically Wanny is the only one who would have stayed here but now he hates Pitt and has a nice plush studio job

Wanny would come back, he is loyal to a fault , the benefit would be to keep things stable , get right people in place. He could coach another 5 years , hell Snyder is 100, and turn the program over to someone on the staff who he feels is best suited for the job.

If Narduzzi can get more money and a half decent job, he'd be insane to stay. He is having trouble recruiting here and is a bad season away next year from possibly being let go.

He is having trouble , some coaches don't have trouble here that he seems to be having, just saying. We use to whip WVU ass in recruiting until Duzz, another blame of his in my opinion. I'm indifferent on him, I will be ok either way, just like to see this University go all in and make this a desirable job.

Nebraska isn't a good job other than they will pay for a coach. It's going to be hard for anyone to win there.

Moving to the BIG was a terrible move for their football program. Frost won't win there either.

If Narduzzi can get more money and a half decent job, he'd be insane to stay. He is having trouble recruiting here and is a bad season away next year from possibly being let go.

He is having trouble , some coaches don't have trouble. We use to whip WVU ass in recruiting until Duzz, another blame of his in my opinion. I'm indifferent on him, I will be ok either way, just like to see this University go all in and make this a desirable job.

I would much prefer that Narduzzi stays but this year's recruiting class is very concerning to me especially coming off a good 8-4 season and being able to sell the Clemson and PSU wins.

I wish I were as confident as you. I don't want to see Narduzzi leave but if he is going to do it now would be the time, and Pitt has to be ready if he does.

I would be afraid , we would hire a search firm, and in the end , hire the head coach of Duquesne or the OC at Rutgers

I wish I were as confident as you. I don't want to see Narduzzi leave but if he is going to do it now would be the time, and Pitt has to be ready if he does.

I would be afraid , we would hire a search firm, and in the end , hire the head coach of Duquesne or the OC at Rutgers

Charlie Strong
Joe Moorhead
Joe Rudolph
Greg Schiano
Brett Bielema
Kevin Sumlin

Plenty of good coaches out there.

How awesome would it be if we got Schiano and he hired his BFF Wanny as the DC.

Unbelievable!!! First he isn't a candidate, second don't think he would leave right now , especially if Pitt allows him to continue to build. He strikes me as a man that is not looking to jump jobs every few years. Maybe I'm the one who is crazy. Saying that, if he goes looking and gets a job somewhere else next year , will feel ok either way. No strong feelings either way.

Can't get it to link, but they have Duzz on the Nebraska coaching list.
Narduzzi is a passionate, rah rah guy. Any school that has fans that actually support the team instead of list excuses why not to attend games on a message board is going to be attractive to him. Nebraska has those fans.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
I don't believe he is actively looking to leave his agent was doing his due diligence but as has been reported the Ad & Pn are having issues both need to cool off
What are the issues? More than tarping the stadium? Thanks.

Narduzzi is a passionate, rah rah guy. Any school that has fans that actually support the team instead of list excuses why not to attend games on a message board is going to be attractive to him. Nebraska has those fans.

if Frost turns them down then I guess there is a chance

As a head coach? Really? I'm not saying that you're wrong, but I honestly don't remember that. Who did Bama end-up with?

Walt ended-up at Stanford, but that only lasted two seasons.....

I see someone else beat me to it. It was shortly after 2000. Walt looked like he could turn water into wine at that point and UA came calling. I forget why he said no but he opted to stay here.

By the time he got to Stanford he was crestfallen because he loved it here. Stanford then struck out with Tyrone Willingham before they landed on Harbaugh and Andrew Luck.

Reactions: Panther Parrothead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT