ADVERTISEMENT

Your first place Pitt Panthers

Down goes Miami. And Clemson plays later. So for now…all by ourselves. H2P

Football, Soccer, Basketball - Pitt and Clemson sure seem to play for 1st place a lot. Now we just have to get good at baseball and they have to get good at volleyball

It's a long season and this is early January. Just take it one game at a time. I can see this Clemson game as a nail-biter to the very end unless Clemson gets hot from 3 and we can't keep up. This is our best chance in a while to beat them. Hoping for the best. Defense must step up BIG time.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
It's a long season and this is early January. Just take it one game at a time. I can see this Clemson game as a nail-biter to the very end unless Clemson gets hot from 3 and we can't keep up. This is our best chance in a while to beat them. Hoping for the best. Defense must step up BIG time.

Every time we play them, it's like watching a dude on NBA Jam when he's on fire. Just lunacy.

I don’t have any visions of us winning the conference. But it’s OK to enjoy this start.

The question is will still have games like WVU and Mich in us?

I do know this. These past few games were not luck. We beat teams that were playing well. Got up of the mat and looked like the better team at the end. That gives me hope that we’ll continue to compete and have a real shot at getting in the tournament. If we do, that will feel like a sweet sixteen round to us.

Reactions: FireballZ
I don’t have any visions of us winning the conference. But it’s OK to enjoy this start.

I do know this. These past few games were not luck. We beat teams that were playing well. Got up of the mat and looked like the better team at the end. That gives me hope that we’ll continue to compete and have a real shot at getting in the tournament. If we do, that will feel like a sweet sixteen round to us.
I do not. I think we are valuing the basketball, defending and rebounding leaps and bounds better than those two games.

Reactions: PittPanther44

We are better than UNC and UVA according to the results of those games. And being better than UVA is saying something. That's a very well-coached team.

Reactions: Parkview57
As others have said, we have 9 games left against Louisville, FSU, ND, GT, CUSE and BC. Really have to shoot for 7-2 there.

Then you have 7 with Duke, UNC, Miami, VT, Wake and Clemson. 3-4 gets you to 21 wins heading into the ACCT where you feel like you'd be in as long as you don't have a first round choke.

Very doable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drew1208
As others have said, we have 8 games left against Louisville, FSU, ND, GT, CUSE and BC. Really have to shoot for 7-2 there.

Then you have 6 with Duke, UNC, Miami, VT, Wake and Clemson. 3-4 gets you to 21 wins heading into the ACCT where you feel like you'd be in as long as you don't have a first round choke.

Very doable.

Wake is at home. I would lump them like this:

Winnable games but tough
Wake, Clem, Syr, Miami, GT, @ GT, @ ND
Need to go 4-3 here

Very tough games
@ Duke, @ UNC, @ Miami, @ VT
Need to go 1-3

SHOULD be easy wins (on paper)
2 Lou, 2 FSU, BC
Need to go 4-1

That gets you to 13

As for Clemson Saturday, we are do for a little luck against them. They have rained 3's on us the last so many times. I think they go cold this time, and we will will be fine.

As for Clemson Saturday, we are do for a little luck against them. They have rained 3's on us the last so many times. I think they go cold this time, and we will will be fine.

Thing is, I don't think our perimeter defense is that good. Teams are getting open shots but UNC and UVa missed them. Syracuse missed them until Girard and that benchwarmer went off. Clemson is an excellent 3 point shooting team. Their numbers are off the charts. Tyson is shooting 42%, Hunter is shooting 44% and Hemenway is shooting 50%. Even their Center is shooting 43% but only 13-30. This is an elite shooting team. They are 16th in D1 and 3rd in the P6. I have PTSD from watching them make like 80%-90% of their 1st Half 3s every time against us and this might be their best shooting team yet.

Bad match up for us. I'll be psyched if we can pull this off.
But I feel their coach is really good.
I think Duke on the road is an easier win

This one is going to be a problem too:
you-shot-who-in-the-what-you-shot-who-in-the-what-now.gif

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT