ADVERTISEMENT

Zane Dudek

Look at your own links. Dudek is listed at 10.80 as his personal record on the very link you posted. Aside from that, what is your point? He's too slow at 10.8 and Sibley is a phenom at 10.8?

Your post: "Not sure how you can say this when he's smarter and faster than any back on our roster." My reply was simply a rebuttal to what you had posted. I never said Dudek wasn't deserving of a scholarship offer, my only intent was rebutting what you stated about the current roster at PITT, which was factually incorrect. You're creating an argument that simply isn't there.

Reactions: Jpripper88
so naive

bill cherpak even said college coaches ask him about his players, "what color is he"? you calling arguably the best coach in the wpial a liar?

like i said dudek dominated like no other running back in wpial history, he even won a wpial title in sprinting

tell me why nobody wanted him yet wanted guys smaller, less talented, and less accomplished

Wonder which college coaches he's referring to? By my count, Narduzzi and staff offered Cole Beck at RB, who is white.

so naive

bill cherpak even said college coaches ask him about his players, "what color is he"? you calling arguably the best coach in the wpial a liar?

like i said dudek dominated like no other running back in wpial history, he even won a wpial title in sprinting

tell me why nobody wanted him yet wanted guys smaller, less talented, and less accomplished

You want me to believe that a college coach would inquire about a player and not know what color he is in advance? Because college coaches couldn't bother to open a Hudl video or anything, right ? I seriously doubt Cherpak would say something that stupid. But then you want us to believe that white kids get profiled, so never mind.

Reactions: VAPITTALUM
You want me to believe that a college coach would inquire about a player and not know what color he is in advance? Because college coaches couldn't bother to open a Hudl video or anything, right ? I seriously doubt Cherpak would say something that stupid. But then you want us to believe that white kids get profiled, so never mind.

LMAO here is the article that proves you guys have your head stuck up your own ass HAHA

welcome to the real world boy, does the truth hurt?

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...llege-scholarship-offers/stories/201610210047

In the end, Zane Dudek wins because he'll have a Yale degree and likely be loved by their entire alumni fanbase and remembered by other Ivy Leaguers. He'll have a network and a career to fall back on when it's all over as a result.

Beats taking an offer from Pitt or whatever DI school finally offered, ending up passed over, playing special teams or four snaps a game in the slot and being remembered best as the answer to a trivia question about the WPIAL.

In the end, Zane Dudek wins because he'll have a Yale degree and likely be loved by their entire alumni fanbase and remembered by other Ivy Leaguers. He'll have a network and a career to fall back on when it's all over as a result.

Beats taking an offer from Pitt or whatever DI school finally offered, ending up passed over, playing special teams or four snaps a game in the slot and being remembered best as the answer to a trivia question about the WPIAL.

seriously does Yale alumni care about football?

if he's smart enough for the ivy league does he even need connections? i would think playing football at any D1 school would give you plenty of connections

he was just named ivy league rookie of the year

Look! The. Kids at Yale. What else has to be said other than he made the best move he could have made and is doubtless the BMOC as a true Freashman! That wouldn't have happened here at Pitt. for sure'

For sure Zane is in a good place. If he is good enough the Pros will find him. If not he will have a great consolation prize. A degree from Yale.

I can't open the article but I'm sure it says NCAA coaches don't like white kids. Or maybe Pitt and WVU and PSU don't want a local recruiting turf war with Robert Morris for recruits, but whatever.

why can't you open the article?

it says exactly what i told you BILL CHERPAK GETS ASKED BY COLLEGE COACHES "WHAT COLOR IS YOUR PLAYER"

now pull your head out of your ass, you don't know shit

Dion Lewis: 5’ 9”, 195; 40 yard dash 4.59

Don’t say Zane Dudek was too short, too light, too slow.

why can't you open the article?

it says exactly what i told you BILL CHERPAK GETS ASKED BY COLLEGE COACHES "WHAT COLOR IS YOUR PLAYER"

now pull your head out of your ass, you don't know shit

Okay sweetpea, you have a PG article that says so. Do you really think it was a P5 coach or some schmuck from Middle Rhode Island A&M with a bad internet connection and no recruiting budget? I know, way easier to plant your flag on the "P5 coaches are racists" hill but if you processed a thought, the answer would be there. The kid isn't P5 running back. It's that simple.

Dion Lewis: 5’ 9”, 195; 40 yard dash 4.59

Don’t say Zane Dudek was too short, too light, too slow.

But there is more to being a running back than size and speed. Some people have "it". That uncanny ability to pick and hit holes. One thing that is never timed, because it is pretty impossible but that first step or 2, "burst" that is more important than a 40 or 100 yard sprint time.

But there is more to being a running back than size and speed. Some people have "it". That uncanny ability to pick and hit holes. One thing that is never timed, because it is pretty impossible but that first step or 2, "burst" that is more important than a 40 or 100 yard sprint time.

Wait, are you implying that Ivy League defenders aren't as fast as your average P5 player? I mean, who knew?

Okay sweetpea, you have a PG article that says so. Do you really think it was a P5 coach or some schmuck from Middle Rhode Island A&M with a bad internet connection and no recruiting budget? I know, way easier to plant your flag on the "P5 coaches are racists" hill but if you processed a thought, the answer would be there. The kid isn't P5 running back. It's that simple.

LOL just be a man and admit you were wrong, stop trying to spin it some other way to save face

Yup, you totally changed my mind about the peril of white running backs and the racist coaches that haunt P5 schools.

you said cherp never said that and pretty much called me a liar, i posted proof he said that and you look for every way possible to back pedal on it

like i said, BE A MAN

you said cherp never said that and pretty much called me a liar, i posted proof he said that and you look for every way possible to back pedal on it

like i said, BE A MAN

Yeah. I doubted Cherpak would say something that stupid but that's hardly calling you a liar. I actually feel a little sad for Bill. It's honestly a little surprising that you take that as gospel. Your internet tough guy routine is cute, btw.

Timed speed suddenly seems a lot less meaningful after watching Weah trying to score at Va Tech.

I was thinking the same thing. Speed in shorts sand running shoes doesn't always equal speed in pads on a football field.

is Zane Dudek the white, ivy league version of Robert Foster for the pantherlair board? If so, I look forward to the next 4-5 years of updates on this young man.

You do realize that Cherp has been coaching way before Hudl and before most players had their photos on the internet right? Hell it wasn't until the 2010s when most players photos where on the internet. Before that it was just name/bio, stats, and a brief synopsis.

Yeah. I doubted Cherpak would say something that stupid but that's hardly calling you a liar. I actually feel a little sad for Bill. It's honestly a little surprising that you take that as gospel. Your internet tough guy routine is cute, btw.

I hate the PG as much as the next Pitt fan but it is written there in black and white. I highly doubt they would put that quote in there if he didn't say that.

The kid isn't P5 running back. It's that simple.

I agree, but I think he was a P5 Defensive Back. Now if he chose Yale over being a DB at a P5 school that is understandable, but I don't understand how he had no offers at all.

You do realize that Cherp has been coaching way before Hudl and before most players had their photos on the internet right? Hell it wasn't until the 2010s when most players photos where on the internet. Before that it was just name/bio, stats, and a brief synopsis.

I hate the PG as much as the next Pitt fan but it is written there in black and white. I highly doubt they would put that quote in there if he didn't say that.

Sorry. You can't convince me that P5 schools blindly wander the country with no idea who to recruit and then put an ounce of thought into a kid's skin color. And pre-internet, scouts still showed up at games so it's not the internet's fault. The internet tough guy want's to plant his flag on what Cherpak said and the P-G writing it. That's just a distraction to the real point. Dudek would never be a P5 running back.

I played against Bill and met him a few times so I know his history. He should know what a legit P5 player looks like so I'd guess he'd have made sure Dudek got the right look if he was that good. Anything else is just blowing smoke for "his kids".

Sorry. You can't convince me that P5 schools blindly wander the country with no idea who to recruit and then put an ounce of thought into a kid's skin color. And pre-internet, scouts still showed up at games so it's not the internet's fault. The internet tough guy want's to plant his flag on what Cherpak said and the P-G writing it. That's just a distraction to the real point. Dudek would never be a P5 running back.

I played against Bill and met him a few times so I know his history. He should know what a legit P5 player looks like so I'd guess he'd have made sure Dudek got the right look if he was that good. Anything else is just blowing smoke for "his kids".

Never said i thought Dudek was a P5 Running Back I do think he was a MAC back and a P5 Defensive Back. My opinion. If yours is different so be it, this country is still free. As far as Cherpak goes, he made a statement and it got printed. Nothing more needs said about that.

Reactions: DiehardPanther

ok keep living with your head stuck in the sand, it's your problem not mine

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT