ADVERTISEMENT

Zeise

In way over his head.

How a guy like chryst can recruit top end offensive talent and be so bad in getting defensive help is stunning to me.

In way over his head.

How a guy like chryst can recruit top end offensive talent and be so bad in getting defensive help is stunning to me.

That excuse is getting old. Narduzzi has had time to recruit his own talent so having to rely on PC's players tells me that Narduzzi is even worse.

I give credit for Narduzzi for winning 8 games the past two regular seasons. I also acknowledge he did that with players PC recruited.

That excuse is getting old. Narduzzi has had time to recruit his own talent so having to rely on PC's players tells me that Narduzzi is even worse.

I give credit for Narduzzi for winning 8 games the past two regular seasons. I also acknowledge he did that with players PC recruited.
Pitt is a 6-8 win type program. Pitt is not going to land Top 20 classes unless they go rogue and start paying guys or setting up recruiting visits at Blush. The sooner you realize that the better.

Funny thing is that during his Thursday meeting with the press, Narduzzi specifically mentioned Zeise's speed and athleticism in his ability to cover the wheel route.....and he goes on to get burnt 3 times for 2 TDs on that exact play.
That was just one quarter ...

BS... you have a loser's mentality. Go root for another team.
The last 35 years we have had about 10 HC. How many of them averaged more than 6-8 wins a season? Pitt does not offer anything special in comparison to other Power 5 schools. Pitt is in the same end of the pool as BC, WF, GT, Northwestern, Cal, UVA, Duke, Vandy, etc. when it comes to football.

The last 35 years we have had about 10 HC. How many of them averaged more than 6-8 wins a season? Pitt does not offer anything special in comparison to other Power 5 schools. Pitt is in the same end of the pool as BC, WF, GT, Northwestern, Cal, Vandy, etc.
We also had an incompetent admin. for 4 decades that screwed up everything to do with FB . Get a clue or a new team to root for.

Reactions: sherepower

He has only really had two full years of recruiting classes. His first full class is RFR and SO. Next year the D should be significantly better or you can start second guessing PN. Until then we just have to see how it plays out.

We also had an incompetent admin. for 4 decades that screwed up everything to do with FB . Get a clue or a new team to root for.
LOL - Ok. Less fans and support is exactly what this program needs. Over 30 years of attending games and watching this program has provided all the data I need.

LOL - Ok. Less fans and support is exactly what this program needs. Over 30 years of attending games and watching this program has provided all the data I need.
You're s lodestone and not a supporter with your perspective. Take a look at the players Pitt has produced relative to the garbage programs listed in your post... no comparison....clueless.

You're s lodestone and not a supporter with your perspective. Take a look at the players Pitt has produced relative to the garbage programs listed in your post... no comparison....clueless.
You are clueless if you think Pitt can be a perennial Top 10 program in today's day and age. If PN gets us to the Top 25, then they should do everything in their power to keep him.

Pitt is a 6-8 win type program. Pitt is not going to land Top 20 classes unless they go rogue and start paying guys or setting up recruiting visits at Blush. The sooner you realize that the better.

Kentucky, Rutgers, and Maryland are recruiting the lights out.

In way over his head.

To be fair, Narduzzi has yet to bring in an ACC-level LB. Brightwell MIGHT be one, time will tell. But none of the other LBs have been able to beat out either of the 2 lightly-recruited North Allegheny converted safeties.

He's done well on the D-line and I think the secondary will be ok in time but there's a black hole at LB.

You are clueless if you think Pitt can be a perennial Top 10 program in today's day and age. If PN gets us to the Top 25, then they should do everything in their power to keep him.
I and a lot of others do, clueless. If you shared your view with Narduzzi he'd kick you in the a$$ and send you on your way!

Money helps but it's not the only thing for success. Good coaches can win without talent great talent. It takes innovating and adapting. Do you think Patterson went to a 4-2-5 at TCU because he could get the same talent that Texas and Texas A &M could get? Do you think WVU went to spread option because they could get SEC talent? How about air raid offense used with success any many schools? Talent helps but discipline, execution, and innovation can overcome it.

I see this all the time in my career in management. Medicore to poor leaders complain that they don't have enough resources to succeed and overcome obstacles. Great leaders innovate since they realize they you rarely will have enough and you still have to achieve the goal.

It's time for Narduzzi to starting innovating and trying new approaches. If not, then he is just like his previous ten predecessors and will achieve the same results.

He has only really had two full years of recruiting classes. His first full class is RFR and SO. Next year the D should be significantly better or you can start second guessing PN. Until then we just have to see how it plays out.

I don't like the fact he does not adapt his scheme to his talent. That stubbornness cost us some games last year. It should not take three years and three recruiting seasons to get talent to run your defense.

Reactions: rockypanther
Money helps but it's not the only thing for success. Good coaches can win without talent great talent. It takes innovating and adapting. Do you think Patterson went to a 4-2-5 at TCU because he could get the same talent that Texas and Texas A &M could get? Do you think WVU went to spread option because they could get SEC talent? How about air raid offense used with success any many schools? Talent helps but discipline, execution, and innovation can overcome it.

I see this all the time in my career in management. Medicore to poor leaders complain that they don't have enough resources to succeed and overcome obstacles. Great leaders innovate since they realize they you rarely will have enough and you still have to achieve the goal.

It's time for Narduzzi to starting innovating and trying new approaches. If not, then he is just like his previous ten predecessors and will achieve the same results.

I agree that I would like to see more innovation from PN and staff. And certain systems can minimize talent disadvantages. Its one reason I was crazy when they hired PN, would have prefered a offensive guy with a system that would give us a better chance at winning big.

The last 35 years we have had about 10 HC. How many of them averaged more than 6-8 wins a season? Pitt does not offer anything special in comparison to other Power 5 schools. Pitt is in the same end of the pool as BC, WF, GT, Northwestern, Cal, UVA, Duke, Vandy, etc. when it comes to football.

Well they are the NCAA leader in making the staff suspend future Pro Bowler safeties for smoking weed while the competition is willing to give out grades in no-show classes and hide pedophilia to keep the wins coming.

So there's that.

I wonder how much the morality police in the Cathedral will be patting themselves on the back when Pitt gets blown out the next 2 weeks and averages 35,000 per game the rest of the season.

Actually this is Pitt, so history tells me they really will be patting themselves on the back.

Its going to take more than 2 season's worth of recruiting to fix this D. Even if they brought in great classes you can't really expect FR to play much and that means one full class to get 11 starters. Chryst left nothing on D.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
The real problem is that having teams that are truly competitive on a national level you must have an administration that wants it . All of Pitts recent hires shows that Pitt has no intention of trying to win national titles . Say what you want about PSU , but they want to win ,they realize what winning means to their community and student body and 100,000 screaming fans .

The real problem is that having teams that are truly competitive on a national level you must have an administration that wants it . All of Pitts recent hires shows that Pitt has no intention of trying to win national titles . Say what you want about PSU , but they want to win ,they realize what winning means to their community and student body and 100,000 screaming fans .

THIS! I wish the egg heads knew how a national football team, does so much for the university as well.

Honestly yes, it is getting scary that guys Duz has gotten aren't able to displace Idowu or Zeise.

Well they are the NCAA leader in making the staff suspend future Pro Bowler safeties for smoking weed while the competition is willing to give out grades in no-show classes and hide pedophilia to keep the wins coming.

So there's that.

I wonder how much the morality police in the Cathedral will be patting themselves on the back when Pitt gets blown out the next 2 weeks and averages 35,000 per game the rest of the season.

Actually this is Pitt, so history tells me they really will be patting themselves on the back.
That average will actually be pretty optimistic

It really is kinda peculiar where Pitt draws the line.

Overworking grad students/residents and not paying non-exempt (ie hourly) workers properly is clearly tolerated since everyone else does it, yet pretending not to see a jock smoke weed is somehow this egregious breach in taste (even though everyone else does it).

Agree 30 years of basically 6-8 wins a year is more than enough proof for me but some idiots on here just can't see without the blue and gold glasses on and just because those of us realists don't see it the way they do we are attacked unrelentlessly as not true fans or loyal. Loyal is buying season tickets year after year to watch an 8 win team at best. Look I love Pitt but I know what they are and being a consistent top 15 team isn't that. Give me 8 wins after today's near debacle and I'd take it but I'm afraid this year will be closer to 6.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Agree 30 years of basically 6-8 wins a year is more than enough proof for me but some idiots on here just can't see without the blue and gold glasses on and just because those of us realists don't see it the way they do we are attacked unrelentlessly as not true fans or loyal. Loyal is buying season tickets year after year to watch an 8 win team at best. Look I love Pitt but I know what they are and being a consistent top 15 team isn't that. Give me 8 wins after today's near debacle and I'd take it but I'm afraid this year will be closer to 6.

If you think Pitt has done all it could to build a winner , you would be sling blade and really clueless.

Do you all want the man to start all freshmen and redshirt freshmen on defense? Thats what those Lbs are. He.has some but they are all young. Some of you guys are just ignorant.

If you think Pitt has done all it could to build a winner , you would be sling blade and really clueless.
You need good players to win at a high level. How do you propose Pitt lands 4 and 5 star HS recruits that you continually harp on? The player likes you as a coach, you bring them on a visit, and they are greeted by 35- 40k apathetic fans. The school you are recruiting against has a rabid fanbase and the recruit is showered with love. It isn't an easy battle to overcome.

You need good players to win at a high level. How do you propose Pitt lands 4 and 5 star HS recruits that you continually harp on? The player likes you as a coach, you bring them on a visit, and they are greeted by 35- 40k apathetic fans. The school you are recruiting against has a rabid fanbase and the recruit is showered with love. It isn't an easy battle to overcome.

You need a good coach more than you need 4 and 5 stars. The only somewhat innovative coach Pitt has had the past two decades was Walt.

The administration has to want it, and the moneyed boosters have to want it. Outside of the Haymaker/Octane hires, I really don't think the hires have been bad. We aren't giving them the support they need in recruiting they need to be successful.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead

We need to bring them on a visit, greet them with 3 or 4 boosters with really deep bank accounts and shower their family with some love that can't be traced. ;)

We need to bring them on a visit, greet them with 3 or 4 boosters with really deep bank accounts and shower their family with some love that can't be traced. ;)
Big time programs have about 10,000 people like that. Pitt might have 10.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT