ADVERTISEMENT

Zoo crew looking good

ratking17

Head Coach
Mar 15, 2009
Need a bit more defense but seems like the younger guys plus the ship shooter can put up serious points.

Defense was horrific and rebounding was very bad in the first half, better in the 2nd. Need to play a lot better vs WVU. Not having a quality big really hurts. Coulda used McGhee for rebounding. Wished Blair would play. He looked to be in relatively good shape in the Damar Hamlin game

I could be wrong but it seemed like the conditioning wasn't there for many of the guys and they just got blown by on the dribble

Update for those interested:
Zoo Crew 91 - best virginia 79

Last game at the Pete is Wed at 7 p.m. against state penn.

H2P!
For what it is worth, Pitt is the 2-seed and PSU is a 5-seed. Lunardi had 1-seed UCONN winning this regional, which is more proof of his brilliance.

• Love
Reactions: HOF Coach
For what it is worth, Pitt is the 2-seed and PSU is a 5-seed. Lunardi had 1-seed UCONN winning this regional, which is more proof of his brilliance.

That isnt worth much. This tournament is a crap shoot because you literally dont know which guys are going to show up and which guys are in shape. These games are hard to predict.

That isnt worth much. This tournament is a crap shoot because you literally dont know which guys are going to show up and which guys are in shape. These games are hard to predict.
I believe it was tongue planted firmly in cheek.

Reactions: Franb
Fun to watch. Entertaining. Hail to Pitt! Hope Artis is ok, but I fear he tore his ACL.

I enjoyed the commentator from last night stating the one guy could do a good bob Huggins impression. I wonder if that meant he could get so drunk he ended up 3 states over

• Haha
Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
Do you mean the Blair of 12 years ago?

Don't need the Blair of 12 years ago. I saw Blair in the Hamlin game, yea, playing half speed vs NFL guys but he absolutely would help this team. He'd get every rebound. I have a bad feeling about that Harrar dude from the Pedos. We didnt rebound well vs the 1st team but did ok vs WVU surprisingly, who had some length but guys like Konata and Devin Williams werent what they used to be.

Fun to watch. Entertaining. Hail to Pitt! Hope Artis is ok, but I fear he tore his ACL.

It looked to us like he was holding his ankle. Plus, when he limped off, it looked like he had his bad leg bent up to keep his ankle off the ground.

Anyway about it, it didn't look good.

He hasn't shown yet, I dont believe. A lot of this depends on who shows up. Does the PSU Covid team show up for PSU?

No -- he has not shown yet at all, nor has Blair. Everyone else was there for both games.

Blair should be there Wednesday I am told. Don't have any info on JWF.

Any updates on whether we will see Blair or Wilson-Frame tonight?
They were both listed as out yesterday. Apparently JWF signed with a Dominican team after he was announced on the Zoo Crew roster, and their season has already started - doesn’t seem like he’ll be available.

• Sad
Reactions: FireballZ
They were both listed as out yesterday. Apparently JWF signed with a Dominican team after he was announced on the Zoo Crew roster, and their season has already started - doesn’t seem like he’ll be available.
Thanks for the info. They could certainly use him.

Terrible play for Pitt during Elam ending. Young with a awful running 3 when pitt could have won. Then Luther appears to have never seen a pick and roll on defense and PSU guard gets a easy layup for the win.
As usual Pitt chokes in sweet 16

Very odd game. Pitt had double digit leads in the 1st, 3rd, and 4th quarter and each time, PSU came back to tie or take the lead. Pitt was up 74-63 in the abbreviated 4th quarter since its only 6 minutes and then the Elam Ending but couldn't get a stop. Mike Young was 0-3 in the Elam Ending, with 2 of the shots being very ill-advised.

Still, up 82-81, Montour and Shippensburg's Dustin Sleva misses and open 3 to win it. We of course allow a layup. Then Young takes an off-balance 1 footed 3 with 20 seconds left on the shot clock and they come down and score an easy layup to win.

I dont think PSU made a shot other than a layup or 3. It was free layups anytime they wanted.

On the broadcast, the PSU crowd sounded louder. I am guessing it was a couple dozen Pedo students who for summer break but they came through on the broadcast. After the game, the Pedos ran over to the current Pitt team to taunt them and for a second, I thought there might be a brawl but luckily nothing came of it.

The ship guys 3 was halfway down. Unlucky there. The follow up Mike young shot on next possession was absolutely horrendous

The ship guys 3 was halfway down. Unlucky there. The follow up Mike young shot on next possession was absolutely horrendous
It wasn’t clear if it was even a 3 - he kind of stumbled into the shot and missed badly. Very poor decision.

Very odd game. Pitt had double digit leads in the 1st, 3rd, and 4th quarter and each time, PSU came back to tie or take the lead. Pitt was up 74-63 in the abbreviated 4th quarter since its only 6 minutes and then the Elam Ending but couldn't get a stop. Mike Young was 0-3 in the Elam Ending, with 2 of the shots being very ill-advised.

Still, up 82-81, Montour and Shippensburg's Dustin Sleva misses and open 3 to win it. We of course allow a layup. Then Young takes an off-balance 1 footed 3 with 20 seconds left on the shot clock and they come down and score an easy layup to win.

I dont think PSU made a shot other than a layup or 3. It was free layups anytime they wanted.

On the broadcast, the PSU crowd sounded louder. I am guessing it was a couple dozen Pedo students who for summer break but they came through on the broadcast. After the game, the Pedos ran over to the current Pitt team to taunt them and for a second, I thought there might be a brawl but luckily nothing came of it.
Mike was 1-5 for the Elam ending.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT