ADVERTISEMENT

Zoo Tickets against UNC

my question ... how many seats are in the zoo student section ?

1000 in lower level and 250 (I think) in upper level. It should be noted that the students are still on winter break. 2nd semester starts Monday but obviously plenty of students will be back early and there are actually students who live in Western PA.

And where were those students who live in WPA during the OOC games? Sorry, this means nothing but empty words from The Zoo again.

And where were those students who live in WPA during the OOC games? Sorry, this means nothing but empty words from The Zoo again.

Hard to believe that out of almost 20K undergrads, there werent more than 10 within a 45 minute drive who wanted to go to a gamr over break.....but even in the best of times attendance was terrible over breaks but not this bad.

I predict Zoo attendance will be dreadful Wednesday night vs Louisville. Half full.

Hard to believe that out of almost 20K undergrads, there werent more than 10 within a 45 minute drive who wanted to go to a gamr over break.....but even in the best of times attendance was terrible over breaks but not this bad.

I predict Zoo attendance will be dreadful Wednesday night vs Louisville. Half full.

They're a lot of talk and no action. Yeah, let's see if The Zoo is a sellout for the 'Ville game or any other game except maybe Duke. We already know that's a sellout.

All these Zoo guys want to do it harass Cam Johnson, which is pretty low class.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiehardPanther
They're a lot of talk and no action. Yeah, let's see if The Zoo is a sellout for the 'Ville game or any other game except maybe Duke. We already know that's a sellout.

Really? Where'd you hear that?

Perhaps the students are no different than all the other season ticket holders and all the non-ticket buying public that aren't showing up or buying.

Nah. It's just the students.

Really? Where'd you hear that?

Perhaps the students are no different than all the other season ticket holders and all the non-ticket buying public that aren't showing up or buying.

Nah. It's just the students.

I heard that from someone who knows some members of the Zoo. They have some choice cheers selected. Real classy.

My gripe is that this student section makes their claim to fame as the best basketball student section in the country. And then they don't show up for games. Pitt fans never said they were the best fans of any sport. Far from it. But when the students publicly brag about their "prowess" as the "best student section", they don't turn out. A lot of hot air from The Zoo and nothing to back it up. Typical. I don't want to hear any of their excuses or any whining from them. What's really hilarious is Oakland Zoo has blocked me on twitter. I don't care because I use or read twitter maybe once every 6 months or so. But that's a cowardly act by a bunch of immature little kids who can't handle the truth about themselves. They need to show up or shut up, even in OOC games.

BTW, against Colgate, there was a decent enough crowd there. It was the largest crowd for any OOC game this year. Over 6,000. How many Zoo members were there? Maybe 25. I'm sure there are more than 25 Zoo members in WPA who could have gone to the game but chose not to.

Last edited:
I heard that from someone who knows some members of the Zoo. They have some choice cheers selected. Real classy.

My gripe is that this student section makes their claim to fame as the best basketball student section in the country. And then they don't show up for games. Pitt fans never said they were the best fans of any sport. Far from it. But when the students publicly brag about their "prowess" as the "best student section", they don't turn out. A lot of hot air from The Zoo and nothing to back it up. Typical. I don't want to hear any of their excuses or any whining from them. What's really hilarious is Oakland Zoo has blocked me on twitter. I don't care because I use or read twitter maybe once every 6 months or so. But that's a cowardly act by a bunch of immature little kids who can't handle the truth about themselves. They need to show up or shut up, even in OOC games.

BTW, against Colgate, there was a decent enough crowd there. It was the largest crowd for any OOC game this year. Over 6,000. How many Zoo members were there? Maybe 25. I'm sure there are more than 25 Zoo members in WPA who could have gone to the game but chose not to.
"What's really hilarious is Oakland Zoo has blocked me on twitter."

Harassing a bunch of college students. You must be very proud.

"What's really hilarious is Oakland Zoo has blocked me on twitter."

Harassing a bunch of college students. You must be very proud.

That's not harassment if you do it one time to call them out. Which is what I did. I don't frequent the garbage dump known as twitter. If I did it repeatedly, then yes...that's harassment. You know....like what so many do on this board.

I just know I'll be at the game on Saturday supporting the team. That can't be said for many posters on here.

Edit: I admit I was wrong and shouldn't have even thought about tweeting them or whatever it is you do in twitter. I'm not a big fan of fakes and farces, and that's what I see in this Zoo. But they're just little kids and I should cut them some slack. Let's see how many of them are real fans and attend games AFTER they graduate. I think they use the Zoo as their opportunity to party and act dumb. If they're honest about it, they'll say that's true.

Last edited:
That's not harassment if you do it one time to call them out. Which is what I did. I don't frequent the garbage dump known as twitter. If I did it repeatedly, then yes...that's harassment. You know....like what so many do on this board.

I just know I'll be at the game on Saturday supporting the team. That can't be said for many posters on here.

Edit: I admit I was wrong and shouldn't have even thought about tweeting them or whatever it is you do in twitter. I'm not a big fan of fakes and farces, and that's what I see in this Zoo. But they're just little kids and I should cut them some slack. Let's see how many of them are real fans and attend games AFTER they graduate. I think they use the Zoo as their opportunity to party and act dumb. If they're honest about it, they'll say that's true.
Hey - no worries. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I know you're a true Pitt fan, but I'm glad you recognize using social media to call out college age kids is a really bad look.

I suspect the Zoo will be good tomorrow. Pitt isn't a commuter school anymore and there is good % that I'm sure won't be back till Sunday, but I'm hoping for a good turnout.

Drawing people back to these games - be it season ticket holders or students is a process. It's disingenuous to expect the Zoo to be the same as they were for many years.

If I were in the ZOO... harass may be light.

I hope for some classy stuff.. kids having fun.. go for it or come on the Lair and say want you want...
I'd rather have a blast in the Zoo !

My nephew Cam I hope he lets the care less about Cam have it.

Last edited:
FWIW, the students arent filling the upper deck student sections (why we even have an upper deck student section, I dont know). Pitt listed over 100 of those seats on Stubhub. They should have listed them for sale to the public originally. Could have got much more for them.

No idea how they award student tickets now, but the way the decided student tickets during the first years of the Pete certainly didn't reward or encourage the loyal fans to show up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT