ADVERTISEMENT

“We’ve got to make him better”

I’m certainly not high on either of those 2 OCs.

But the receivers, com’n man, I don’t know how many times I’ve read on here from a variety of different posters that the Steelers had/have a decent if not top end group of receivers. And before this season started, how Pitt was going to be fine without Addison.
neither set of receivers has even delivered average results.

Slovis has another year of eligibility, doesn't he? This staff must be thinking he will be our QB next year, too.
I don't think he'll be back. I think he'll go to more of a passing offense with better WR's. He's better than he is showing

I think a lot of people here do indeed think this, sadly.

Yes I know Izzy has some long TD runs this year; why should I care how the big plays happen? I don’t. I’m happy to cheer an 80 yard Izzy run time and again, if it were to repeat itself each week. I’d be fine never passing again if the team can guarantee 45 points a game. But I’m going out on a limb and proclaim it won’t happen like that every week, maybe not at all again in any upcoming week, now that everyone in the ACC is aware to that Izzy is our sole player to key on.

It reminds of the short lived V’Lique Carter phenomenon. It wasn’t sustainable. Izzy is a more legitimate player than Carter but it’s a similar case. Hopefully the coaches know this, and will use the off week to devise a plan to leverage the threat of Izzy for clever play action or other similar plays, perhaps, gasp, jet sweeps (like Carter’s) that will open up. Then after a couple of those plays pop, the D relaxes on Izzy and he can make some more hay. Please, please, please Duz and Cig, don’t fall into the trap that you think this is sustainable.
I don't think anyone believes that.

Most people realize you need to mix it up, and when you find something that's working you stick with it. They got Izzy working against VT so they stuck with it. Much to the chagrin of the imbecile a few rows behind me who lambasted Narduzzi after each running play that didn't produce big yardage. I now know that the only acceptable time to run the ball is when you get a lot of yards. Hand of for no gain, what a bunch of idiot losers stuck in 1970. Hand off, 80 yard TD, now that's how you do it in a modern offense. Fascinating analysis.

Sadly, in the GT game nothing was working until it was too late.

Reactions: 4upmc and pittdan77
I don't think he'll be back. I think he'll go to more of a passing offense with better WR's. He's better than he is showing
If Wayne and Mumpfield stay healty, Bradley continues to improve., Barden is resurrected as a deep threat the passing game can be what we need it to be. Bartholomew and Johnson are good tight ends. Our backs are decent receivers.

I see health and play selection as the keys.

With Izzy, we should be throwing when we want, not trying to convert 3rd and eights.

so we should ignore what we see on the field with him in a pitt uniform this year and just sit around and watch his USC highlight reels from 2020?
Yep!! I'm pretty sure that Slovis is just running the plays that are being called for him. Is that on him or cignetti??? Until I hear it explained otherwise, it is 80% cignetti's play calling, 15% OL failing to do their jobs pass blocking and 5% on Slovis.

Reactions: gary2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT