ADVERTISEMENT

Devonshire...

PITT4UDAD

Redshirt
Sep 1, 2020
I see he's in the portal leaving Kentucky... Narduzzi and staff pushed hard for him I think he'll be mountaineer bound.

I remember the picture of him with Calipiri when he visited and MD’s family made a huge deal out of it and how their western PA kid fit right and KY would take care of him. 🤔
A western Pa. kid fitting in at Kentucky. In what universe is that? I think the last one was George Blanda 75 years ago.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of having Western PA kids come to Pitt after going elsewhere first. And I can't think of many examples where this has helped Pitt. Petrishen is a nice role player, but we could have received the same level production from any number of other players. I think we took him just to help their standing with PCC and also maybe to spite Wade a bit. I remember like Cullen Christian and Ricketts Jr were flops when they came back here. Dontez Ford was OK, but could of also got same production from someone else, though not sure we really recruited Ford much in HS so a little different. I guess Manasseh Garner was worth taking in - boy could we use him now - but who am I missing? Not talking about all transfer because many have helped. Which transfers were originally from Western PA, went to another D1 school, then transferred to Pitt and made a meaningful contribution for Pitt??

I see he's in the portal leaving Kentucky... Narduzzi and staff pushed hard for him I think he'll be mountaineer bound.

Tony Gibson was the Aliquippa/WVU connection. I doubt he's going to go from UK to another Appalachia school. I would guess Pitt or NC State (Gibson)

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of having Western PA kids come to Pitt after going elsewhere first. And I can't think of many examples where this has helped Pitt. Petrishen is a nice role player, but we could have received the same level production from any number of other players. I think we took him just to help their standing with PCC and also maybe to spite Wade a bit. I remember like Cullen Christian and Ricketts Jr were flops when they came back here. Dontez Ford was OK, but could of also got same production from someone else, though not sure we really recruited Ford much in HS so a little different. I guess Manasseh Garner was worth taking in - boy could we use him now - but who am I missing? Not talking about all transfer because many have helped. Which transfers were originally from Western PA, went to another D1 school, then transferred to Pitt and made a meaningful contribution for Pitt??

They took Petrishen back as a walkon in 2019. He earned a scholarship this year when one became available.

If Devonshire wants to come back as a walkon and earn a scholarship, I'm all for it. If not, he can go somewhere else.

Yeah, Price does not count. I considered him but that was more or less the same as someone committing somewhere else and then flipping and committing to Pitt in the end. That is totally different and my post clearly said a player that went to another D1 school first and then transferred to Pitt and significantly helped the football team. Price did not transfer here.

I guess Garner is still the best example on that table? Not sure that is enough to make a case for taking Devonshire.

ddb3d95bfd6524407d653a34531c8c1a.png

I should add not that I'm discounting Price to play semantics, but the key distinction is players that have went elsewhere and want to come back BECAUSE usually players that are trying to transfer back here are players that weren't as good as advertised and/or have some type of attitude problem. They didn't work out for a reason at their first place.

It's not like Paul Posluszny, Zane Zandier, Malik Hooker, and Co. are calling up - I guess someone who is having success elsewhere and wants to come home for some reason, like family issues, should be considered. But I am happy to see Raines go to Temple and Connor Dixon to Duquesne and Wade to wither at PSU and so on, they aren't bringing anything to the Pitt program that we can't get elsewhere.

If he can help bring him in. If he can’t, don’t.

when you’re a perennial 7-5 team pride and resentment are luxuries you can’t endulge in

I’ve said the same in the past. It really is that simple. Narduzzi isn’t in any position to thumb his nose at anyone who can help.

Lot of butthurt over a decision a 17 year old makes for his life. And I’m sure some do think that at the time that maybe they’re “too good for Pitt”. But I’m also sure that’s not always the case. As long as the kid doesn’t act like a jerkoff and burn bridges no reason to close the door.

Last edited:
We'll never know if they think he can help or not. People will assume whatever they want.

Every case is different, and I don't know any details of how his recruitment went. However, they've recruited DBs pretty well and likely this kid thinks he should be playing more. What happens when he comes here and can't get on the field?

Hard pass for me, they don't need him.

Isn't this the kid that was waiting until the afternoon to do his hat dance on some blog and there was a lot of butt hurt because Duzz announced that the class was done a few hours before? There was also a ton of criticism here because Duzz didn't land this super important local kid. Anyway, I don't see Pitt as a landing spot unless something changed but I'd guess there's a lot more to this story than anyone is saying out loud.

Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
I’ve said the same in the past. It really is that simple. Narduzzi isn’t in any poison to thumb his nose at anyone who can help.

Lot of butthurt over a decision a 17 year old makes for his life. And I’m sure some do think that at the time that maybe they’re “too good for Pitt”. But I’m also sure that’s not always the case. As long as the kid doesn’t act like a jerkoff and burn bridges no reason to close the door.

“As long as the kid doesn’t act like a jerkoff and burn bridges no reason to close the door.”

Bingo - Wade and Sanders taking a picture at the Pitt facility falls into that category...

Yeah I spoke to Price's parents and they weren't too happy with O$U back then. O$U wouldn't mail the transfer papers so they had to drive to Columbus to get them. Totally unreal

Reactions: singregardless
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT