ADVERTISEMENT

Devonshire...

There are playing opportunities in our secondary at both CB and S, so hopefully he can help us. It would be nice to build up goodwill in that area. A lot of talent at Central Valley and Aliquippa, and all those guys know each other.

I read that Penn State reached out to him too. I feel like him and Porter Jr. were good friends so that might help them out some. Porter being a starter there also wouldn't hurt their chances. I still think Pitt would be best for him but what do I know. Ultimately he has to do what he thinks us best for his future and since Pitt is clearly still interested they have got to close this time.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
So I personally think there are many here that have biases that run so deep that they can not think without prejudice when assessing his possible commitment. Its time to reflect before we start our journey to first base

Pitt was one of the last schools to offer Devonshire. Maybe that bothers mom...
Either way Pitt has more than shown him and his family that he was a priority on several occasions. The Pitt coaching staff was the first to reach out to him when he hit the transfer portal.

Mother doesn't like Pitt??? Does she like her son? If he goes the WV route he will get a degree from WVU, instead of PITT, just sayin'.........

Mother doesn't like Pitt??? Does she like her son? If he goes the WV route he will get a degree from WVU, instead of PITT, just sayin'.........
Are you guys speculating that Devonshire could go to WVU? I’m not hearing that at all on our boards and would be surprised if Neal went that route. We are bringing multiple in-state kids back (including the A-A guard from Spring Valley) from transfer route.

He did reserve multiple scholly for transfer/grads so it’s possible, but I’d be surprised. He has been doing so well in Ohio (just like Huggs) and he suggested that western PA was a point of focus that he wants to improve in recruiting. Maybe there’s a greater end game and he wants to reconnect the Aliquippa line from when Gibby was at WVU? We shall see. I think that kid would be better served in G5/FCS.

Are you guys speculating that Devonshire could go to WVU? I’m not hearing that at all on our boards and would be surprised if Neal went that route. We are bringing multiple in-state kids back (including the A-A guard from Spring Valley) from transfer route.

He did reserve multiple scholly for transfer/grads so it’s possible, but I’d be surprised. He has been doing so well in Ohio (just like Huggs) and he suggested that western PA was a point of focus that he wants to improve in recruiting. Maybe there’s a greater end game and he wants to reconnect the Aliquippa line from when Gibby was at WVU? We shall see. I think that kid would be better served in G5/FCS.
What are you basing G5/FCS on? Dude was in line for significant playing time if nit starting time in the SEC. That doesn't scream lower level talent to me. I'm not saying he is the second coming of Revis but with 4 years of eligibility remaining he is worth a flyer for Pitt and WVU assuming he is a good kid and not a self absorbed basket case. At this point most people only marginally care.

Since he barely played this year as RS Freshman (not true FR), how are people asserting he was going to start as a RS SO at Kentucky? I've heard this repeated a lot. I know the player himself said something like this in an interview, but players often think they will win the starting job, that's their mindset. I don't follow Kentucky football, but seems he had a lot left to prove to say he's an SEC starter Also, if he was going to start, was that due to lack of good options or was he beating out some real dudes and just a true baller? Because if it's the latter, I would have expected him to play more in his first two years.

Reactions: Vetch
What are you basing G5/FCS on? Dude was in line for significant playing time if nit starting time in the SEC. That doesn't scream lower level talent to me. I'm not saying he is the second coming of Revis but with 4 years of eligibility remaining he is worth a flyer for Pitt and WVU assuming he is a good kid and not a self absorbed basket case. At this point most people only marginally care.
That’s fair. I don’t know enough about the kid to make that determination.

Since he barely played this year as RS Freshman (not true FR), how are people asserting he was going to start as a RS SO at Kentucky? I've heard this repeated a lot. I know the player himself said something like this in an interview, but players often think they will win the starting job, that's their mindset. I don't follow Kentucky football, but seems he had a lot left to prove to say he's an SEC starter Also, if he was going to start, was that due to lack of good options or was he beating out some real dudes and just a true baller? Because if it's the latter, I would have expected him to play more in his first two years.
Quite honestly, I went to check the kid out last year to see how he was doing since he is a local and was shocked to see he was already on their 2 deep. Im not sure what he did this year, but after 2 years on the 2 deep it is fair to conclude year 3 would offer significant playing time if not a starting role. That being said most of us will never know the REAL reason he left.

Making his decision this week. Will be st penn or wvcc bound. O'Brien > Devonshire

Wow, you waited two years to show me I was only half right. You could have just went to the posts I made this week saying I'd pass.

Coaches want him, they know more than me. Nobody would be happier than me if I'm wrong.

Wow, you waited two years to show me I was only half right. You could have just went to the posts I made this week saying I'd pass.

Coaches want him, they know more than me. Nobody would be happier than me if I'm wrong.
Hopefully he works out. He is two years older, coming home, and looking to prove he can contribute.

I once had an old girlfriend who said she waited six years to tell me she had finally found someone better. I told her it took six days for me to find her replacement. Life goes on.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT