ADVERTISEMENT

Eric Kasperowicz out at P-R

Status
Not open for further replies.
The administration trying to push him out was something I heard about in the summer of 19 when meeting with a coach and AD in the northern suburbs.
This stuff happens all the time, EK will be just fine, he can move on.

Spike Dykes had it right about being a Head Coach when he said in a good ole' Texas drawl.

"If you do things right you'll piss off 10% of the people each year, after 6 or 7 years....Hell ,you do the math!"

Last edited:
My best friend is a teacher at PR. Here is what went down. Kasperowisc wanted new carpet in the athletic offices. The AD wanted to demonstrate his power and denied Coach Kas the new carpet. Kas then ordered the carpet on his own, without the ADa approval. Fired.
Wasn't it Left-lane hammer down who was angry about the carpet?

That article sounds like he has grounds to sue.

How about this:

15-16 year old boys shouldn't be showering together. The games are all on turf. You're not muddy. Bring a change of clothes and shower at home. High school kids all showering with each other is like so 1950s. You cant do that anymore.

How about this:

15-16 year old boys shouldn't be showering together. The games are all on turf. You're not muddy. Bring a change of clothes and shower at home. High school kids all showering with each other is like so 1950s. You cant do that anymore.
OK. I'll run with it. If the facilities at PR weren't set up for individual private showering facilities, then the school board should be fired for causing this to happen.

How about this:

WTF does that have to do with I wrote?

How about this:

There were Covid restrictions in place, so they wouldn’t be showering together.

How about this:

Are you suggesting something more than what you wrote here?

There were Covid restrictions in place, so they wouldn’t be showering together.
Doesn't seem like it was a 1 season thing. Sounds like naked boys being stupid in the locker room which happens everywhere. Again, those kids are too young, stupid, and immature to be naked and showering around each other. I cant believe that in this day and age, mass nudity of HS-age kids is still allowed.

Wasn't it Left-lane hammer down who was angry about the carpet?

Pretty sure it was Wanny. Heard him talk about it on the radio. He said SP refused to update the carpet. Kind of mind boggling that a head coach at Pitt's level thinks that the carpet is too old and ruff looking and turns recruits off... and the AD won't lift a finger.

Then again... it is Pitt and SP, so it makes sense. SP was such a jacka$$.

Also notice that the AD at PR that notified him of the firing is leaving PR for the AD role somewhere else. Watch him hire EK next week.
Correct, I believe the AD is leaving for Shady Side.

Also, something else to consider: it was reported that Kasperowicz interviewed for the Pitt LB coaching position this winter. Was this in the works for a little while and perhaps he interviewed in an attempt to get ahead of today’s decision? Won’t speculate, but some food for thought.

Reactions: chirurgo
Doesn't seem like it was a 1 season thing. Sounds like naked boys being stupid in the locker room which happens everywhere. Again, those kids are too young, stupid, and immature to be naked and showering around each other. I cant believe that in this day and age, mass nudity of HS-age kids is still allowed.

What are you saying & what does this have to do with Kasperowicz getting canned? Even if they weren't showering together, you have a whole football team that's going to be changing every article of clothing. Did some hazing incident occur in the locker room with EK's knowledge?

Few thoughts:

- Don't think the AD had anything to do with it, in fact, it may be why he's leaving.

- Seems a school board decision and someone had a bug up their ass with Kasper as people are saying they've been after him for a while.

- I will be interested to see what info comes out, because it looks like a terribly petty move right now. There are going to be a lot of people demanding an explanation from the school board.

- Why are you all arguing with jivecat, he's the troll conjunto. Same exact schtick.

Few thoughts:

- Don't think the AD had anything to do with it, in fact, it may be why he's leaving.

- Seems a school board decision and someone had a bug up their ass with Kasper as people are saying they've been after him for a while.

- I will be interested to see what info comes out, because it looks like a terribly petty move right now. There are going to be a lot of people demanding an explanation from the school board.

- Why are you all arguing with jivecat, he's the troll conjunto. Same exact schtick.

They deserve an explanation. Some players were apparently questioned multiple times about hazing, and so far there are nothing but denials, at least as far as we know. It will be interesting to see what surfaces, if anything, in the future. He was loved by his players, the community, and won a shit ton of games.

Doubling down...... I can't wait to see what is next......

Quoting Hamilton Porter, “WHAT!! WHAT!!”

0 on the Senior Leadership Team. The Board of Trustees has a whole lot more than 9 people on the list.

I might not be remembering correctly, but I think a few years ago there were more State Penn grads then Pitt grads on the Senior Leadership Team.

Edit: Currently one undergraduate from Pitt on the Senior Leadership. I think maybe one with a graduate degree from Pitt.

Edit2: Here is the thread about the Leadership Team from 2017.

Last edited:
Reactions: CougarClaws
Please do not reply to this if you have information. This is a PR matter and people need to mind their own business.
Oh no, it is not a privacy issue when you can just out and out fire the most successful coach in the area. Perspective coaches need to know and understand what they are getting into. If this was a personal vendetta by an angry but influential parent.

The Superintendent - Nitter

Lol Dunlap is ranting like a crazy guy on the street corner about this today. Tweet after tweet after tweet with nothing but speculation. If you believe him there was basically a group of all-powerful, shady people wearing masks and robes, who met in secret in a candlelit dungeon and used their unstoppable influence to fire a high school football coach because they were mad that he was good at his job.

Lol Dunlap is ranting like a crazy guy on the street corner about this today. Tweet after tweet after tweet with nothing but speculation. If you believe him there was basically a group of all-powerful, shady people wearing masks and robes, who met in secret in a candlelit dungeon and used their unstoppable influence to fire a high school football coach because they were mad that he was good at his job.
Dunlap is a tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT