ADVERTISEMENT

Is Marion leaving???

When did Marion become a hotshot coordinator? He only has two stints as an OC at Howard and William and Mary. He runs a gimmick offense. We have a chance to return to the ACC championship and people want to give the reins to an inexperienced coordinator that will install a new offense that has not been shown to be effective in D1. Nuts
I think its pretty much as simple as this.

Reactions: gary2
What the hell is going on in this thread? An assistant might leave and it gets a 5-page thread?
And it's just December. Looking forward to the tiktok interpretations by grown-ass men in March when we have nothing going on here.

Reactions: Dan1911
And it's just December. Looking forward to the tiktok interpretations by grown-ass men in March when we have nothing going on here.
Honestly several sub conversations have emerged. Although the Marion saga is weird as all get out. It's the fact no one is publicly addressing whether he is still employed by Pitt that is most confusing. He can go for all I care at this point. Who the hell has one good year at a job and demands to be promoted or they walk???? Bye Felicia!

Honestly several sub conversations have emerged. Although the Marion saga is weird as all get out. It's the fact no one is publicly addressing whether he is still employed by Pitt that is most confusing. He can go for all I care at this point. Who the hell has one good year at a job and demands to be promoted or they walk???? Bye Felicia!

Lol, why would any school publicly state such a statement in response to a few silly posters on a message board floating conspiracy theories?

He is still listed on the Athletic Department staff directory. Whipple is not. So ATM seems he still is with Pitt.

His Twitter post have been interesting lately. He posted something about when a plan comes together and then Addison posted something about how he appreciates him for everything. I'm starting to think Duzz is going to let him walk....I sure hope not.
Maybe Beatty returning as OC/WR. Then we will need to add a QB coach.

Marion is still employed at pitt. If he leaves, everyone on social media will assuredly hear about it from his IG account.

I'm pretty sure these assistant coaches only have one year contracts, right? I get that it is assumed you will return if you do a good job and you don't leave the school for a position somewhere else, but I would think that technically his contract is up after the Peach Bowl.

I'm pretty sure these assistant coaches only have one year contracts, right? I get that it is assumed you will return if you do a good job and you don't leave the school for a position somewhere else, but I would think that technically his contract is up after the Peach Bowl.
Unless we had to offer more than a 1 year to hire him.

It may well have been a bidding war.

Unless he gets an OC position, it makes no sense for Marion to leave. At this point, establish and prove yourself at a single school now that you have a P5 job. It will eventually lead to an OC job, but a lateral move just doesn't make sense right now.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
I don’t know enough about the gogo offense, but it seemed like an Narduzzi may have thrown some shade towards Marion today. He said we’re not going to run the option we’re going to do what we do for the bowl game. I interpreted that as we’re not running the go go offense as I had heard it is occasionally an offense where you can run the triple option.

I don’t know enough about the gogo offense, but it seemed like an Narduzzi may have thrown some shade towards Marion today. He said we’re not going to run the option we’re going to do what we do for the bowl game. I interpreted that as we’re not running the go go offense as I had heard it is occasionally an offense where you can run the triple option.
Heard that too.

Confused though by the delay in naming interim OC.

I don't think it was intended to throw any shade. Not at all. I think the message was that they have a lot of confidence in the passing game with Nick Patti & they aren't changing the way they play. They intend to test MSU's secondary.

Thanks for the reply

I wouldn’t think that likely. Wouldn’t we want a more position experienced, proven coach?

You hire the best candidate. Guz Malzahl went from high school coach to SEC OC.

The rumor over the last few weeks is he's heading back to Pine Richland. EK is very highly thought of by college coaches.

I don't think it was intended to throw any shade. Not at all. I think the message was that they have a lot of confidence in the passing game with Nick Patti & they aren't changing the way they play. They intend to test MSU's secondary.
You could be right and maybe he meant read option. I maybe reading too much into it.

That was expected. Was told EK would be asked back.

Campos was always temporary until the board could be flipped. 4 of the 9 seats were flipped in Nov elections, assume they got at least one of the other 5 to get on board.

It was going to happen eventually. He'll get to coach his son for the next few years when brought back. Maybe he goes the college route after.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT