ADVERTISEMENT

MSU has more inadequacy issues the we do

I looked at MSU Twitter and most of their anger is more towards Hutchinson and to a lesser bit, Stroud than Pickett. Didn't really see much critical of his selection.

As for this thread, it goes back to another thread. Look, the ACC has made their bed. Coming out of the gates this year with all of these returning QB's, it fell completely flat on its face. Georgia (IMO) the most overrated team, struggled to beat Clemson with a horrible QB performance. UNC losing, while hilarious,. was not good for the conference considering the team who beat them then got boat raced against a really average WVU team. Then the U got trounced by Michigan State. And of course, we did our part with the WMU loss.

This conference doesn't need five 7-5 Coastal teams seeing who can out goof each other to face Clemson in the title game. It needs 9-3, 10-2 even 11-1 teams playing a ranked Clemson and Florida State to get its act together. We will always be 5th until this happens. You can argue about the Pac 12, but the Pac 12 is on an island a bit. The ACC needs some of its programs to get their act together. Hopefully we, took a step and are now doing our part. A win against Mich State is somewhat important I believe.

Miami is and has been a dumpster fire. Also irrelevant and not related to what was being talked about.

Miami was being talked about on the MSU board as our teams’ common opponent. Props to MSU for the win, and Pitt probably should’ve beaten them. But if you’re going to caveat injuries then it’s fair to compare their personnel in the two games. Most notably the QB change.

Is it possible that Michigan State's fan base is more whack that ours? I mean, what has Sparty really accomplished since 1966? these two programs have tracked along similar dirt roads for quite some time.
I think they conflate their basketball success to mean their football team isn't meh

They've done next to nothing in football

I think we can control most any running game as we did with Syracuse. Problem is, MSU's quarterback looks to be at least decent if not pretty good (just looking at the stats) where Syracuse was completely one dimensional.

I’d also venture to guess that MSU is just slightly better up front than the Cuse. I like Pitt’s chances, but we aren’t going to push them around like we did the Orange.

We saw some Georgia fans Friday night in Charlotte and they asked us why we were there. When we told them it was for the ACC championship their response was "oh, how cute". I don't even think they realized how condescending they were being.
And then they got boat raced!

I’d also venture to guess that MSU is just slightly better up front than the Cuse. I like Pitt’s chances, but we aren’t going to push them around like we did the Orange.

Probably, though Cuse has a good run blocking line.

I think MSU probably has more success running the ball against us than Syracuse did. I still think we hold him to a reasonable rushing total.

6 conference championships...4 outright..
They won those with very few elite players because the conference is always overrated, on the next level MSU cannot come close to former Pitt player's NFL achievements, Herb Adderley heads the list but maybe one or two other HOF'ers etc.

I don't really understand it either. AD was a lot better in college but whatever. I'll be pissed if Hutchinson wins.

Yeah, no way Hutchinson should be there if AD wasn’t. AD put up better numbers and from the interior. He was a one man wrecking crew. UM has a very good DE opposite him in Ojabo, who will also be a day 1-2 pick this year. Hutchinson is a great player player but he isn’t AD, he’s benefiting from UM making the playoff.

Reactions: pittdan77
They won those with very few elite players because the conference is always overrated, on the next level MSU cannot come close to former Pitt player's NFL achievements, Herb Adderley heads the list but maybe one or two other HOF'ers etc.
I always say that the sign of a true championship program is not what they accomplish on the field, but what people who haven't stepped foot on campus for 5+ years achieve playing for a completely different team in a completely different league.

But if we win the game and he contributed by running let’s say…85 yards why does it matter if he doesn’t get 100? Is this some magical number that unlocks something special? What’s the prize?
Did MSU win the Ohio state game with his 6 carries for 25 yards? Great players come up with big games versus tough opponents, they don't tank/take a powder, etc.,

My god their 247 board is ridiculous. They have a 17 page meltdown thread because they didn’t have a heisman finalist. So twisted up the Michigan got a defensive player in the list and to a lesser extent that Pickett made it playing “ in a garbage conference “.
Not once did any of them consider that voters get three picks and maybe some votes for walker and some voted for Hutchison but didn’t vote for two msu players in one ballot basically cancelling each other out to not make the top four.

they think the spread on this game has to be a typo since Pitt is such a lessor opponent and how bad the ACC is compared to the big MAC. They have bought into the bug 10 hype and love riding the coat tails of Ohio st

pitt scored so much because the acc sucked and their ooc schedule sucked and our run defense and sack total are completely inflated because we faced bad running teams all year and bad offenses. Their December 30th wake up call is going to be fun to watch.
Their main topic is they will beat us down because they beat Miami and we lost. However, if they watched our game. They would see Tyler Van Dyke was 10 times the QB King was when they played them.

Not to mention the non safety call that stopped us from winning the game late

Last edited:
How convenient.
I mean it’s cool to disagree. Free country. But if you have an opinion on something at least try to be knowledgeable on it. I don’t expect you to have watched that game. But seeing that he only had 6 carry’s should have been an obvious clue. No? I mean the dude has had defenders twisting his ankles in piles and even had a Michigan player straight up choking him on the ground (wasn’t called of course). He takes a beating but he’s tough.

Walker worries me. He's a good RB. Not sure he's a Heisman guy but that's another story. Has he announced whether he's playing against Pitt or not? I don't think that's a given.
I respect him but he doesn't worry me like he is going to run all over us type. He had a solid year for sure and should be taken seriously. However, dude was a 3rd string rb for Wake and he transferred to play. If anything I give that O Line lots of credit for opening up holes for him to showcase his talent. The trenches will decide this game.

Reactions: sherepower
Walker worries me. He's a good RB. Not sure he's a Heisman guy but that's another story. Has he announced whether he's playing against Pitt or not? I don't think that's a given.
You mean the third string running back at Wake Forest last year?

That tells me either Michigan st has a great offensive line or most of the big 10 teams were horrible against the run.

Pitt faced a team that was supposed to be great running the ball ( Syracuse ) and held their big time back to 30 yards rushing

I respect him but he doesn't worry me like he is going to run all over us type. He had a solid year for sure and should be taken seriously. However, dude was a 3rd string rb for Wake and he transferred to play. If anything I give that O Line lots of credit for opening up holes for him to showcase his talent. The trenches will decide this game.
Yeah our Oline is not the reason for his success. At all. Oline is average at best. And I’m hesitant to say that. Especially since our LT went M.I.A and left the team. He left WF because their scheme is straight up goofy. It didn’t fit his strengths.

I recall one of the posts actually saying something close to, "and we had to play Miami when King was still playing. Pitt didnt" lmao.

Clueless.

King will never sniff the field again at the U

Reactions: Chad40301
If anything I give that O Line lots of credit for opening up holes for him to showcase his talent. The trenches will decide this game.
That tells me either Michigan st has a great offensive line
Okay, look, there has never been a good RB that existed without a good offensive line. Ask Najee Harris. But you still need a guy to make the play and Walker is pretty good. And honestly, after watching Wake's OL Saturday, I don't blame the kid for transferring.

MSU did get robbed….their running back is incredible.

Maybe some think he's incredible. But he's certainly not deserving of mention with the 4 Heisman finalists this year. Voters confirmed that fact. We'll see how incredible he is when we play them in a few weeks. I'm sure our run defense will be prepared.

I’d take the over. Not much. But I’d take the over.

But if we win the game and he contributed by running let’s say…85 yards why does it matter if he doesn’t get 100? Is this some magical number that unlocks something special? What’s the prize?

Point is he will be one of the 2 best players on that field that day. Your D obviously needs to account for him. This isn’t just some average RB coming in that you don’t need to pay special attention to. Thankfully for you guys Narduzzi doesn’t share the mindset many of you do.

One of the 2 best? Pitt has the 2 best players on the field that day (Pickett and Addison). Maybe your RB is 3rd best. We'll see how that develops.

Yeah, I saw that too. They were knocking us because the beat Miami but we lost to them with a backup QB, oblivious to the fact that Van Dyke was the better QB.

Makes me wonder, with Bledsoe out of the game and the Pats playing their backup, how did the Steelers lose that 2001 AFC title game?

Can you imagine what Van Dyke would do to MSU now? Can you imagine what Pickett will do to MSU?

Reactions: Chad40301
Let me know when the discussion turns to describing a true championship program.
i guess the only difference is that I know my school hasn't finished in the top 10 for 40 years so I don't jump at the first chance to talk down on programs that are in the top 15 more often than not the past decade. But hey, their fanbase is full of the delusional people.

Reactions: Parkview57
I don't jump at the first chance to talk down on programs that are in the top 15 more often than not the past decade.
Got it! I don't jump at all, but if one comes to troll another team's board expect some old fashion ribbing ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT